[April, 2013] A Day to Embrace Change - Chaos Repelled

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Embrace Change!

Post#325 » Apr 01 2013 10:55

*A shimmering shape would enter the Orbital Library, before powering down it's Stealth Field Generator.*

"Looks like the Orbital has been cleared of those.. Those... Things. Rest in peace, our fallen brothers".

O'nutakushas
Shas

Post#326 » Apr 01 2013 10:56

''K-42 this is Dragonfire, I'm not sure if its over, its gone quiet, one minute it was there and then gone, I'd suggest full reinforcements, resupply and medi vac for the wounded, we need to establish full chain of command and damage assessment..if this a reprieve, then we need to make the most of it, Dragonfire out''
With that last contact I feel the blackness take me, Captain Darius and his men watch over me, as my suit shuts down.
the greater good has to apply to all,not just the few.

Kles'ro
Shas

Post#327 » Apr 01 2013 10:58

Kles'ro's team turned into the library, weapons at the ready. They knew when they had split up from Indigo team that there would be little they could add to the fight of battlesuits and daemons and Riptides. But every little bit counted. However, they found that the journey had taken too long. By the time they had reached the library, the sounds of battle had stopped. Blood, and bone, and gore coated the walls of the repository of knowledge. Broken battlesuits littered the aisles, sparks erupting from where vital systems had been destroyed. But the fight seemed to be over. Kles'ro signaled his team to start going around and seeing what they could do to help those injured in the fight.
Know the enemy and yourself, and fear not 1000 battles

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#328 » Apr 01 2013 10:59

***Kakapo? This is Mon'von. It seems your Desmons are attempting to take over my ships, I need your assistance immediately... I need any loyalist assistance NOW!**
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#329 » Apr 01 2013 11:01

As the reports came in of the enemy defeat, the Kor'vattra vessels of K-42, battered but unbroken, moved into close proximity with the blasted ruin of the orbital. Once again, mantas began to flood forth from their cavernous launch bays, but this time instead of evacuating terrified non-combatants or delivering high-powered death and destruction, they were now returning relived survivors. The launch bays became filled with individuals, and there were countless joyous reunions, but also many grim reports of loss. As the ordeal drew to a close the surviving personnel began the almost unimaginable task of repairing and rebuilding the orbital, and collecting and identifying the fallen. Each one had their own share of stories to tell, of tragic loss, narrow escapes, incredible feats of skill and valour and many more besides. However, none who survived those 24 hours... would ever forget what had just transpired.

***Kakapo? This is Mon'von. It seems your Desmons are attempting to take over my ships, I need your assistance immediately... I need any loyalist assistance NOW!**

Mon'von, this is K-42. Re-enforcements are vectoring to your position. We're coming, hold on out there.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre

Post#330 » Apr 01 2013 11:06

A rustling could be heard from one of the closets of the Library. One of the few remaining Fire Warriors investigated, and when the door opened; out spilled a tied up Ethereal. The Shas cut him lose, and the Aun stood up indignantly.

"Why is it that this entire time, no one even thought to look for me?! Hm?! That imposter of a Daemon roped me up and chucked me in there last night. I'm starving! Where are those shrimp tails? Hurry up already."

With that, Aun Tier strutted down the hallway to the scorched remains of the cafeteria, whilst the exhausted soldiers looked on befuddled.
Last edited by Aun Tier on Apr 01 2013 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

Shas'o Vior'La
Shas'Saal

Post#331 » Apr 01 2013 11:07

The thundering impact of him colliding into the wall was brief. The Commander slowly shook his head as he began to calm down. Breathe. That was the trick. Keep breathing. He began to move in slow heavy strides to the battlesuits that had supported his moment of anger, and he gazed down at the commander who had to be pulled out of his battlesuit. His weapons were cool his reactor cold and shielding down to normal levels. He nodded at the brothers of combat and fire while bringing his comm up. His voice was in-between breathes, exerting himself in his suit had certainly taken a toll. His sensors were dark. No enemies near.

"This is Vior'la. The library is secure. Damaged. But Secure. Any word on remaining hostiles?"

He wasn't eager to get back into the fight, but he knew his suit would be a large asset. Two Daemon princes and a particularly ugly bird later he had learned just how much of a difference a single Tau could be.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#332 » Apr 01 2013 11:12

I... I think that's it. The nightmare is over. Any surviving units, join me in the relatively unscathed cantinas of K-42! Shrimp, Happy Tau sushi, Pech'cafe and Ky'husa rounds are on me!
Naked Metal

tehlegend
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#333 » Apr 01 2013 11:25

Shas'Vre Legacy woke with his head spinning as his surroundings erupted forth from pitch black twilight into blinding pastels. As his head began to clear he registered the medical drone retreating back through a service panel, an empty medicine injector in its service arm.

Shas'Vre Legacy sat up and thoughtlessly focused on the emptiness in his head. He stared blankly, and waited for the neurons to finally start firing in his head until...

Suddenly his heartbeat spiked as the memories all flooded back. Formless horrors screamed and clawed at him, a mere hairs width from his eyes. He scrambled out of the bed and grabbed for his Comm-Bead, hungry for information on his colleagues. His hand stopped just short of placing the bead in his ear.

This was the emergency bay... While messy, there was no sound of battle, No horrors to run from. A drone flitted by the open door, followed by a Fio giving brisk orders for more assistance. Shas'Vre Legacy let his eyes wander again... to his shredded and burned battle equipment on the tray at his bedside, to the medical equipment recording his gradually slowing heartbeat, to the wires and pipes connecting them to his body.

Shas'Vre Legacy put the Comm bead down and reclined back into the bed, staring up at the perfectly smooth ceiling. He clicked the bedside Comm and ordered something that wouldn't change its shape before he ate it. All he wanted to do now was enjoy the sound of a safe location, and remember to forget.

Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre

Re: Embrace Change - Chaos Repelled

Post#334 » Apr 01 2013 11:33

Well, fellow Tau. You have all served well to repel the invading forces of Chaos (Except perhaps Tael, myself and a few others... :crafty: ). The chaos threat is no more, however intense damaged has been wreaked upon our orbital that will take many Tau'cyr to recover. The only In tact areas aboard the Orbital are the Library, the Upper Concourse, the Lower Concourse, and the Command Dome. As the other sections are repaired, please remain calm and assist the efforts as you are able.

Tau'va, and well fought, Shas.

[spoiler=]Lord, that was intense! Since this event began, I've had approximately three hours of sleep - I'm going to feel that tomorrow. Certainly, that was the most interesting April Fools I've experienced. Not to mention one that progressed well past April 1st. :P[/spoiler]
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

Shas'o Vior'La
Shas'Saal

Post#335 » Apr 01 2013 11:36

The weary tau moved his suit to the deck slowly, making his way for the battlesuit hangar. The sense of time was gone to him. He felt so...tired. He found himself with the entrance hatch open legs extended and eyes closed as he prepared to earn rest. His comm unit going dark, he let his mind begin to calm. The hot fires of hatred were subdued by cool calm waves of serenity.

[spoiler=]You have no idea! I've been roleplaying for years. Not ONCE Have I seen something of this calibur in a single day. So much happened. It was AMAZING!!!![/spoiler]

[spoiler=]Now that this is over, Like Vior'la I allow myself rest. xD[/spoiler]

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#336 » Apr 01 2013 11:37

As the reports came flooding through of deamon incursions on almost all the ships of the fleet, Mon'von gazed out through the reinforced glass of the the Starchaser.

Such destruction, such death. He muttered to him self.
Sir! Commander Kakapo is sending reinforcments.
Right

Mon'von turned to his Leiutenants

Iron Fist, get to your boars and secure the engine bay.
Right Commander.
Shadow Wolf?
Commander.
You are in command of the left wing, once you have control of your ships bring them round on the Star Skipper, the Space Wolves need your help asap.
On it Commander.
High Strike?
Commander.
I understand your plight...
Commander.
I will send reinforcements to you as soon as i have them... I'm sorry there is no more i can do for you my friend... stay strong and may the Tau'va be with you.
Thank you sir, and with you... I will not let you down, High Strike out...

As he gave his last commands a huge deamon burst through the command deck doors of the Starchaser...

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#337 » Apr 01 2013 11:54

Aun Tier wrote:Lord, that was intense! Since this event began, I've had approximately three hours of sleep - I'm going to feel that tomorrow. Certainly, that was the most interesting April Fools I've experienced. Not to mention one that progressed well past April 1st. :P

I fared little better, barely managing four hours of sleep (story wise the Kor'O was amped up on adrenaline and combat stims, and only relented his presence when an aid managed to inject him with a powerful anaesthetic :P ). But if I hadn't stayed up all night long, our valiant shas would have been left without air support! It was a sacrifice I gladly made for the Greater Good.:D

As repairs begin, I wholeheartedly propose that we leave the launch bays 1 and 2, the library and the positions of the Gue'vessa units untouched (i.e. sticky this thread in the background section), as a shrine and memorial to those sacrifices made in the name of the Tau'va, and the heroes that fought in it's defence, as well as a reminder of the true nature of darkness and the mont'au. Perhaps one of our more artistically talented members would be able to produce some depictions of the battle (i.e. turn this story into an illustrated work or comic)?

Also, victory has come.... but at what cost!? What has become of the Happy Tau sushi bars on the orbital?

+++INCOMING TRANSMISSION+++

All vessels of K-42, this is the Kor'O. Recent reports show that, while taking heavy losses in terms of strike craft, many of our pilots not lost to madness did in fact survive thanks to luck and escape pods. Good news all around.

In addition, in light of her bravery and acting above and beyond the Tau'va's call, Kor'vre B'aloh is to be promoted to the rank of 'el, and given full command of K-42's small craft and strike craft assets, effective immediately. May the Ethereals watch over you always.

+++-+++

The Kor'O contemplated the forward viewport. "You know," he said to anyone listening, "I always thought that weakened glass would be a liability in combat. I never once thought it would ever save my life and ship."

"Congradulations on your promotion, Kor'el," said B'aloh's wingmate, moving to her table at the cantina. "I suppose it would be a good time for that round I owe you."

"Not so fast Kor'ui, I landed three shots you considered impossible, remember? You owe me THREE rounds. And I think we'll both need them after all that."

EDIT:
Tau'va, and well fought, Shas.

It wasn't just the Shas that defended the orbital you know. ;)
Last edited by Kakapo42 on Apr 02 2013 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Naked Metal

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#338 » Apr 02 2013 12:36

----INCOMING TRANSMISSION: CUSTODIAN-CLASS VESSEL, NAL'DA SEPT, IFF "OUTER HAVEN"----

"Kor'O, respond; this is Shas'O Nal'Da Orpheus! Were the messages true? Was there truly a daemonic incursion aboard the orbital?! We had other matters to deal with, but we got here as fast as we could; Inquisition Ops can be re-armed and re-deployed at once if necessary!"

The channel goes silent for a moment, waiting for a response initially, but going quieter for longer then necessary. When it resumes, there's a short pause as the commander hesitates, putting togehter what he wished to say.

"...Asset "BAHAMUT" and it's squad "STORMHAMMER" have volunteered to aid in areas where Daemonic forces are the thickest. I suggest giving them a clear path; they know what they're doing, and I'd rather not have our friends trampled. The Fio aboard Outer Haven are preparing the XV9-02 Retaliator, full assault load-out. If the situation aboard the orbital does not require swift and immediate assault, say something -NOW- or we're coming in hot and heavy!"

----ADDITIONAL DATA-BURST RE-ROUTED TO COMMS DRONES. ACCESS LEVEL: AUN'EL+ SHAS'O+.----

[spoiler=]"Marker Ops has confirmed energy pulses from Marker bandwidths in the Screaming Vortex, bordering the Koronus Expanse. Requesting permission to assemble stealth vessels to sneak through the Warp Gate so we may snuff out any potentially active markers and those using and/or replicating them before it gets out of hand."[/spoiler]

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#339 » Apr 02 2013 12:40

Just as the deamon burst through the doors it collapsed into a hump of tainted flesh, a huge smoking crater in its back. Standing behind the creature, weilding a huge fusion blaster the Fio'El grinned triumphantly.

Fio'El, thank the Aun your here, what's your report?
Sir all over the ship it seems the deamons are retreating, heck they are all out fleeing of the ship.
Sir!
Yes Ui?
Similar reports are coming in from all across the fleet.
Good, Shadow Wolf report?
Sir, same thing here, they're leaving but why?
I don't know yet Vre.
Starchaser? This is High Strike. All Chaos forces are retreating from the Storm Runner
High strike? This is Mon'von. Glad too hear your good hold steady I will have a med team with you momentarily.
Sir. Captain Thorson reports all chaos forces have retreated from the Star Skipper.

As the final reports came through, Shas'O Mon'von found himself baffled by what had just happened. He turned to the Kor'El and commanded him to set course for the Orbital docking bay. The battle was over but for how long.
Last edited by Mon'von on Apr 02 2013 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#340 » Apr 02 2013 12:42

Shas'O Nal'Da Oprheus, this is Kor'vattra fleet K-42 on station around the orbital. Confirmed daemonic incursion aboard, however is has been dealt with. Station is damaged but secure. Nonetheless we'll certainly need all the help we can get rebuilding. Tau'va.
Naked Metal

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#341 » Apr 02 2013 12:51

"Damn. Gotta say I'ma little disappointed; not often daemons decide to try and fight in closed quarters. Ah well, for the best I suppose. Bahamut still wishes to investigate himself, the stubborn SOB he is, so please inform those new to the station to not freak out about the large, dragon-decorated suit of Terminator armor marching through the halls-except for the new Fio'el; I want to get back at him for burning my tail! Took a month for the hair to grow back!" Chuckling can be heard from Tau, humans, and a couple of others aboard the bridge. "Try and nab some vids of that if you can. Anyways, fire teams are going to standby, preparing to send the Fio teams and a pair of Bahamut's Techmarines to aid in repairs. I'll be joining you all shortly as well."

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#342 » Apr 02 2013 12:52

Orbital Command, this Shas'O Vior'la Mon'von, permission to dock for repairs? Preliminary reports show that all Chaos forces have retreated from the system... What in the name of the Tau'va just happened here?

Return to “Library”