[April, 2013] A Day to Embrace Change - Chaos Repelled

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Re: Embrace Change!

Post#289 » Apr 01 2013 09:18

Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss landed gently amongst the combatants, cloaked from it's own underlings by will, invisible to the Tau for reasons the strands of fate would tell after eternity ended. In the hangar, pinned Tau blasted through wave after wave of never ending foul Nurglian runts, they're keening cries sent ripples of irritation down the length of it's incorporeal form. Auxiliaries in the vicinity experienced the slightest hint of psychic pressure as Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss strode through the carnage, shifting gradually and uniquely through phases of time and space so that only an after image of it's passing would be detected by those capable, should they still be living.

Large bipedal constructs of Tau origin fought with lesser daemons, bearers of pestilence, wielding gore encrusted sickle blades. The blades seemed to pass through armor to those mortals who witnessed their use. Cutting internally and smearing agony throughout their victims. The Vespid warriors bore the brunt of the bearer assault, their weaponry useless against the bloated forms soaking up that awesome firepower. It was amused with the determination the Tau and their allies showed. It both understood and begged for reasons why they fought so tenaciously for such a scrap of metal hanging in realspace.

Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss shifted it's form into one that mimicked the heavy infantry suits that jetted to and fro. They moved with such grace it could hardly believe a mortal being could be responsible for such poetic rhythym. Yet it watched, intrigued, then joined in the fray.

It weaved and bobbed amongst the suits, aping their doctrines and observing their weaponry. Finally, Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss revealed itself to the surruonding Tau forces and let loose a volley of actinic plasma which tore through the bearer ranks with absolute fury. A triumphant roar resounded at the sight of this mysterious savior, and a rally was initiated. Brazen with the sight of this strange new XV suit laying waste to the interlopers, the Tau doubled their aggression and obliterated the Nurglian host. Rifts of weepy golden lights and cancerous brown smoke tore into the hangar and reclaimed the last of the infectious insurgents. The Tau let out another thunderous cheer. Emerging from their cover behind crates and girders, the fire warriors and XV platforms regarded the new suit with awe, and trepidation. A robust XV command platform jetted forward and landed in a subservient bow infront of Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss.

The Commander, through external comms units spoke. "Honoured warrior, to whom do we address with our gratitiude?"

Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss, enshrouded in the facade of an ally, bellowed insane mirth before the prone Commander. The XV shot to attention, and backed away slightly. Even encased in an XV suit the confused body language was clear.

Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss spoke in reply. Inside the XV the unknown Commander was liquified by the event. Too late, the Fire Warriors who ventured forward to observe the newcomer were pulped by the sheer force of will behind the speech. Paint peeled off equipment and lubricants boiled.

In a joyous, murderous, Ponderous way, Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss, Herald, slowed time and began killing. Shocked and betrayed faces were seared into it's memory as it butchered the remainder of the defense forces that night in the hangar. Monsters, filthy evils things, snapped at the tiny flickers of soul light carried on the waves of the warp behind the thin veil of reality. They were insatiable it knew. These tiny morsels of Tau souls were a whiff of blood in a sea of sharks. With a thought Mud'kle'luckgluk'ariosss opened the walls of reality and let them pour aboard to feast greedily on the survivors of this grim night.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#290 » Apr 01 2013 09:21

Temporarily blinded by the sudden burst of light, the Kor'O was left in a daze. The Shas that were present in the bridge at the time were much less stunned. Even amidst the fleeing Kor, a Shas'vre bodyguard shunted the Kor'O out of the bridge and sealed the door behind him. As the bridge was abandoned by the Tau, the Shas'vre acted fast, performing the only action he could think of. Switching his bodysuit to environment sealing,he unloaded his pulse rifle into the main bridge window. Seeing this, and realising his plan, the pair of XV25s assigned for bridge security fired their fusion blasters in unison at the cracked section.

Together, it was enough to pierce the armoured glass of the bridge viewport.

+++ALERT: DECOMPRESSION EVENT DETECTED IN BRIDGE. ALL BRIDGE ENTRYWAYS SEALED. REPAIR DRONES DISPATCHED+++

The three shas could barely hold on against the ferocious pull of the icy void, but the daemons were not so lucky. Out of the bridge spilled a cascade of shapeless creatures as they tumbled helplessly into space.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Speck
Shas

Post#291 » Apr 01 2013 09:30

In a short distance from Orbital, a Kor'vattra fleet scheduled to arrive and resupply at ATT Orbital enters from the warp. The fleet is three Custodians and am Explorer-class Starship strong, followed by a flurry of lighter cruisers carrying refugees from a Tyranid invasion of fringe planets within the Tau Empire.

On board the Explorer Blade of Mont'ka, Fleet Admiral Kor'O Run'al K'a attempts to communicate with Orbital. In the distance, he noticed purple and bright blue flashes, explosions! Kor'O Run'al opens up the emergency comms link to the Orbital mainframe in hopes to communicate directly to its AI systems.

"Orbital, this is Kor'O Run'al K'a of starfleet..."

Nothing but static is returned to the Blade of Mont'ka.

Kor'O Run'al witnesses the chaos that has enveloped around Orbital. He is horrified, and immediately opens up communications to the entire fleet.

"This is Kor'O Run'al K'a. All Kor to your stations!!! Man the batteries!!! Strike fighters prepare to launch and engage!!! This is not a drill!!! This is not a drill!!!"

Shas'O Fireheart enters the bridge of the Blade of Mont'ka. His helmet is in hand, rifle slung over his shoulder.

"Kor'O, what is going on?" He said calmly.

"Did you not hear the order?!?!?" The Kor replied in frustration and distress.

"My Cadre's are always ready, Admiral. My Mantas are ready liftoff with the rest of the fleet. But..."

"But WHAT?"

"The civilians, Admiral. They are onboard the cruisers. Mustn't we order the cruisers carrying the refugees back to a safer destination?" Fireheart replied.

Before Kor'O Run'al can reply to the Shas'O's question, the bridge's panoramic window is brightened by the burning engines of Barracudas, Tigersharks, Mantas, Orcas, and Devilfish rushing to engage the enemies attacking the Orbital.

Shas'O NovaStar
Shas

Post#292 » Apr 01 2013 09:34

+++this is Cyclops Team, we are coming in hot,
Nova Reactors engaged, stay clear of the free fire zone, I repeat
Stay clear+++ " a trio of XV104 RipTides comes flying in"
Jump, Shoot, Jump

Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre

Post#293 » Apr 01 2013 09:34

The tainted Shas to the left of Aun Tier collapsed in one fluid motion. Spying the charred flesh of a Rail Rifle wound, he looked up towards his shooter. With another snarl, he thrust his other guard before him in time to catch the second round, before retreating fully into the maze of books. The tainted tau were holding the line for now.

"Follow me, little Shas'o. Find me if you can; then we will see how well you might serve your kin..."
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Post#294 » Apr 01 2013 09:37

There was a moment of bright light then, "Shas'O!? Shas'O!? Are you alright?!" Came a voice, T'Ar'Cha smiled, he was saved.

"Never so glad to hear the voice of another Tau" T'Ar'Cha replied reaching his hand through the gap. He could hear weapons fire, the distinct sound of Plasma fire and the high thrumming of the Phased Ion guns. The Shas'O smiled to himself, his comrades had survived, then there was another sound, like a Burst Cannon, only deeper, chunkier, he couldn't place it, "I hope that's one of ours" he thought to himself, as the plasma cutter started up again, carving a hole big enough for him to get out.

Meanwhile undetected the Fio teams had reached the main teleporter control systems and commenced work on the repairs.

"Kor'O Run'al K'a this is Kor'O A'masa Anuk of the Divine Power Coalition we are patching you into the battle network, all support and firepower you can bring to bear is requested"

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#295 » Apr 01 2013 09:41

Speck wrote:In a short distance from Orbital, a Kor'vattra fleet scheduled to arrive and resupply at ATT Orbital enters from the warp. The fleet is three Custodians and am Explorer-class Starship strong, followed by a flurry of lighter cruisers carrying refugees from a Tyranid invasion of fringe planets within the Tau Empire.

On board the Explorer Blade of Mont'ka, Fleet Admiral Kor'O Run'al K'a attempts to communicate with Orbital. In the distance, he noticed purple and bright blue flashes, explosions! Kor'O Run'al opens up the emergency comms link to the Orbital mainframe in hopes to communicate directly to its AI systems.

"Orbital, this is Kor'O Run'al K'a of starfleet..."

Nothing but static is returned to the Blade of Mont'ka.

Kor'O Run'al witnesses the chaos that has enveloped around Orbital. He is horrified, and immediately opens up communications to the entire fleet.

"This is Kor'O Run'al K'a. All Kor to your stations!!! Man the batteries!!! Strike fighters prepare to launch and engage!!! This is not a drill!!! This is not a drill!!!"

Shas'O Fireheart enters the bridge of the Blade of Mont'ka. His helmet is in hand, rifle slung over his shoulder.

"Kor'O, what is going on?" He said calmly.

"Did you not hear the order?!?!?" The Kor replied in frustration and distress.

"My Cadre's are always ready, Admiral. My Mantas are ready liftoff with the rest of the fleet. But..."

"But WHAT?"

"The civilians, Admiral. They are onboard the cruisers. Mustn't we order the cruisers carrying the refugees back to a safer destination?" Fireheart replied.

Before Kor'O Run'al can reply to the Shas'O's question, the bridge's panoramic window is brightened by the burning engines of Barracudas, Tigersharks, Mantas, Orcas, and Devilfish rushing to engage the enemies attacking the Orbital.

-ktcchzzzzzzzz- Kor'O Run'al this is K-42, on emergency channels. I've taken a small incursion on my flagship and the main bridge is currently down, any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. -ktcchzzzzzzzz-
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

E'nigma
Shas

Post#296 » Apr 01 2013 09:44

"Shas'o I'm glad you are alive what's going on? How did the Mont'au get aboard this vessel?" E'nigma said helping Shas'o T'Ar'Cha out of his battlesuit. Just as the Shas'o clambered out of the suit, En'igma noticed a tainted Shas'la bring his rifle to bear on the Shas'o. With only a split second to make a decision he dove in front of T'Ar'Cha intercepting a hot bolt of plasma to the chest.

O'nutakushas
Shas

Post#297 » Apr 01 2013 09:46

That damnable false aun was taunting me, each time he would somehow sacrifice one of his followers to the incoming shots, then stand proud as if daring the Tau to shoot him down. I needed to know more
''Kallas, do you read me.. I need a full layout of the library, all possible escape routes, this creature is leading me on a chase. Can you request the silent one's presence, I think having him around may prove useful... Vre'gasar see if you can boost the drones output, if that loathsome being is planning a trap lets see what we can do about reducing its sting.. all other units remain on my mark..if I fall, you know what to do''
I follow that Aun, my team laying down fire as we progress, sometimes you have to walk into the trap to spring your own.
Last edited by O'nutakushas on Apr 01 2013 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
the greater good has to apply to all,not just the few.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#298 » Apr 01 2013 09:49

[Sounds of fighting almost interrupted the chanting - the alien tome secured, Tzchael reviewed the long lost text these Tau had unwittingly stored on their orbital..]

Pfft, and they thought this was an alien combat manual.. foolsss.. such foolss..

[A large explosion flattened a data rack nearby]

Keep them back you idiots! C'corakxl'Verchakzeen the Everlasting draws close.. keep to the incantations you mindless corpses..!

[Rising up into his full scavenger bird frame, Tzchael shed his humanoid armour and spread his wings wide to protect the beacon being animated by words not spoken for eons..]

Back you interfering taulings!

[His shout flooring a la'rua, their unconscious bodies flung across the reading quarter as if by a gust of wing.]

Shas'o Vior'La
Shas'Saal

Post#299 » Apr 01 2013 09:55

The Fiends were up to something unpleasant. However as the minions of the false leader were gunned down it seemed that rage had bested it. The creature took it's full form. Or what Vior'la imagined it's true form. This was the one responsible. Or one of them. All his brothers who had died, and had to re-die at his own hand. His suits comm opened up, and his speakers blared so all in the library would hear as the shielded hand rose to point at the bird like herald of doom. The Tau's voice was full of wrath, and he felt as if Farsight himself was guiding Vior'la's arm. His entire targeting system locked on to the great tainted one.

"THAT one, is Mine! For the greater good, I SHALL AVENGE MY BROTHERS!"

His Guns began to warm up, charging his thrusters as he opened fire into the demon storming towards it with a thundering fury. Two lesser corrupted Tau shaped fiends were crushed beneath the weight of his wrath as if insects in the way of a hammerhead hull. The battle suits behind him moved forward as well, forming three firing lanes while the second XV104 took up defense near the tau who had been worked out of debris in the battlesuit. It's Nova-reactor charged for it's shielding while it crouched with it's shield raised in-front of the commander. Vior'la's however was charged into his weapons. He wanted to bring low what he saw as his truest foe.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#300 » Apr 01 2013 09:58

Moving unnoticed atop the stacks, the Vespid Strain Leader has seen enough. The avian creature must be the source of the disturbance. With an ultrasonic chirp, the Strain Leader signals for her sting wings to attack.

As one the insectoids, drop from the stacks towards the intruder, firing charged particle streams from their neutron blasters.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#301 » Apr 01 2013 10:00

[Beak rent wide in a piercing shriek.. Tzchael stalked forward, wings hooking like a vulture intimidating anyone attempting to feast on it's prize.. he lowered his craned head and charged the lead battlesuit..]

We shall embrace,you and I.. Embrace me and die!

[Shots rained upon Tzchael, being turned to blasts of spectral colour.. effusions of light fantastic.. so at odds with the carnage as beak and talon rent suits, firewarriors and the surrounds. He snapped flying bug warriors in two with his beak - chomping their carapace in loud snaps]

Soulssss for C'corakxl'Verchakzeen the Everlasting!!!

O'nutakushas
Shas

Post#302 » Apr 01 2013 10:03

By the mon'tau, that creature was more than I expected, is that the false Aun's master or merely another servant.

The silent one came through, its voice a mere whisper in the mind ''i'm sorry my lord I cannot stay here to long, the words that creature speaks, they hurt my form..stop it.. before it finishes and opens the warp''

I trust it's words, the silent one has always been right ''Any loyalist forces this is Shas'O Nutakushas, that creature near the anomaly..destroy it, in the name of the Aun's it must fall''

''Kallas, assist any forces that need P.R.I.A.T backup, Captain Darius.. you and your men, on my position help take down that beast...Im going for that Aun... all Null drones at maximum we must stop that rift''

and with that I commit my force's.. Captain Darius and his Terminator brethren materialise, taking up my position, pouring fire into the beast, whilst I stalk my prey..
the greater good has to apply to all,not just the few.

Shas'o Vior'La
Shas'Saal

Post#303 » Apr 01 2013 10:05

His shields began to overcharge as he cooled his weapons to a cease and suddenly lunged forward with a thrust of his engines. The creature's wrath was strong, but the unrelenting battlesuit cascaded. It towered over everything else in the room save the other riptide. It's shield drones began to link their shielding to his as he extended the shielded arm attempting to grab the beaked creature by it's throat and obliterate it with titanic force by plowing it into the ground. Acting on raw cold rage he had his reactor and drones fueling his shield. If he was lucky the repulsive force of the shield would add to the already monstrous pressure of the battlesuit crushing it. A hammer of a blow awaited the fiend that charged at him, the battlesuit towering above casting into shadow the creature of chaos. His speakers thundered as he responded.

"For the greater good, Your life shall end here~!"

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#304 » Apr 01 2013 10:06

ATT Orbital? This Shas'El Mon'Von with the 1st Vior'la Kor Kavaal here to save your asses. What in the name... What's going on down there?
Last edited by Mon'von on Apr 01 2013 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

Aun Tier
Por'Vre
Por'Vre

Post#305 » Apr 01 2013 10:08

The foolish Shas'o was walking without caution into The trap. The False Aun couldn't help but chuckle at this, and waited by a wall, watching the shadows approach.
He breathed out and evaporated once more to a mist. As the battlesuit came into sight, the mist engulfed its frame, seeping into the vents, and consuming the pilot within...

But it was empty.

Confusion turned to agony as the disembarked Shas'o moved forward to blast a flamer over his battlesuit. Writhing, the False Ethereal, manifested back to its physical form to extinguish the burning. The ploy successful, the Tau seized the tainted being, and held flamers ready, intimidating the beast to submission.

Knowing he was caught, Aun Tier looked upwards. "Well done, little Shas. Will you now seek your reward?"
Last edited by Aun Tier on Apr 01 2013 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Truth was flame against a sleeping lake of petrol.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#306 » Apr 01 2013 10:08

[The chanting grew, despite eruptions amongst the undead choir, Tzchael turned twice and sung a song to infuse the incantation.. it was very close, these meddling taulings.. a blast clipped his wing proper.. the pain was thrilling and frustrating.. they were wearing down his abilities to protect against weapons of such physical power]

FASTER..CHANT FASTER!!

[He batted aside an XV8 like a rag doll, but in doing so collected the RipTide he had charged - bodily they embraced, fio tak slamming into iridescent feathers]

SQUAWKKAarrrkk.. In the changes cause...! Urggh.. HEAVY!?

[He pushed upward, seaking relent from the bipedal robotic mass]

Return to “Library”