An Expanded Tau Lexicon 2017

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Re: An Expanded Tau Lexicon and Tau'sia: Toward a Tau Language

Post#21 » Apr 21 2015 01:59

'Faan' as it appears in several home grown lexicons seems to be the term for 'people' in the same manner as we might use 'humanity' or 'mankind'. But that's speculative.

Kor'faan would be 'people of the air' or perhaps a formal term for 'members of the air cast'.

Sio't: Are a type of meditation as I've read it. I'd go with 'mantra' personally.

Tak: Seems to be 'material'. In my own fluff I've used it as an all-term for the substance the Tau use to build, well, everything. They have control over nanostructures, it might make sense that they can manipulate core materials and 'program' them to what they need (armor, buildings, decking).
~Good Hunting

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Apr 21 2015 03:07

Any idea how 'tak' became 'high explosive'?
They made me Shas'Ui? What were they thinking?
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Apr 21 2015 03:58

Firewarrior: kles'tak explosives are placed inside a smaller, handheld drone that finds and blows apart a bunch of space marines.

Cool idea... Don't know why it never got into the rules. They'd be 'smart' demolition packs.
~Good Hunting

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » May 22 2015 02:36

LINK TO LEXICON DELETED - SEE POST AT TOP OF THREAD

Most of this post was in reference to the new link to the lexicon. Since there is only only now link, it has been deleted - TauMan.
Last edited by TauMan on May 04 2016 02:09, edited 4 times in total.
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#25 » Jul 22 2015 06:06

Sorry just noticed that the PDF reader on DocDroids does not render the file with all of it's formatting? Don't know what's up with DocDroid (they just had an upgrade?) If you want to see the Lexicon with the proper formatting you'll have to download it; and then view in a good pdf viewer. I will be contacting DocDroid to see this rectified.

Sorry I had to edit the Lexicon for numerous formatting errors, misspellings, weird typos, and even some alphabetizing mistakes! ERRG! Please everyone let me know when you find mistakes so I can fix them and repost. Sorry for all you who already downloaded the 'broken' lexicon! :sad: TauMan out.

Note the link to the lexicon was deleted as there is only one link posted - TauMan.
Last edited by TauMan on May 04 2016 02:10, edited 2 times in total.
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#26 » Nov 28 2015 03:41

Here it is the last for the year - The Expanded Tau Lexicon 2015: 1.12! (Please See Post at Top of Thread)

Well here we are at the end of the year and I haven't updated the lexicon for a while. This will be the last for 2015, as in Jan/Feb 2016, the lexicon will get a whole revamp of layout and design. We will be adding the completed tau alphabet (thank you Kael'yn) and guess what graphics!

Now just let everyone know I have recently purchased ebook version of Firewarrior by Simon Spurrier, Published in 2005 by Black Library, Games Workshop Ltd. © Games Workshop Limited, 2005, 2011.

Boy did we have a lot wrong! :eek:

Kles’tak explosives: Type of explosive in 'auto-deploy' mines/drones? Not the mine/drone itself.
Sio’t: A book/codex of sutra/psalm like verses used in meditation. Get that? A whole book of meditations! There are also the D’havre and Yie’rla’rettan books of meditations.
Snae’ta: Means...tahh...'a frakking jerk'(?) Does not mean compassion or mercy! :-?
Ui’t cub: Just a tau hound or dog. There's nothing about any tau 'bear-dog'.

Other stuff:
'Bloodfire!' Means something like 'Bloody hell' or 'Bloody damn!' Not an insult thrown at anyone.

It's looking like what many of us think is the fact is just opinion, mis-remebered, or jumbled up stuff in our heads. Having said that, I do appreciate all the effort of fans on this site and other websites have done over the years. It just seems what we 'think' are tau words and phrases, have been more often wrong. Whew...! :?

Last edited by TauMan on Oct 09 2016 11:29, edited 3 times in total.
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Shi'urvali
Shas

Post#27 » Dec 12 2015 10:44

The work that has been put into this is simply stellar! Thank you so much for doing all of this! Fantastic!
Shas'O Fal'shia Shi'urvali Or'est'var

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#28 » Dec 13 2015 03:37

Your welcome! This is a small labour of love all the tau'fann at A.T.T.

The New Tau Lexicon Team :smile:
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

n1md4
Shas'La

Post#29 » Dec 14 2015 04:42

Hi, TauMan. Just read through this thread, and I admire the dedication to the meta, it brings the rest alive.

So, I would like to volunteer in any way I can. I don't have any extra resource (publications, etc) but let me know if there's anything that I can do? I do like organising data ... if that helps.

Additionally, I would be more than happy to host any and all documents for you for free; maybe get a nice domain name too, taulexicon.com is available for example :-)

TauMan
Shas'Ui

Post#30 » Dec 14 2015 05:31

n1md4

Welcome aboard! Intending to do a total re-make of the lexicon next year any way. Looking to create separate subject sections like: military terminology, historical, food and culture etc.

Xhmm a website does sound like the next logical step. And taulexicon is available you say? Need to snap that up fast! :nice:

The TauMan Abides
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Return to “Library”