The Expanded Tau Lexicon 2017 is now up!
Dear tau'fann of A.T.T. Wishing all you Tau'fann a good tau'cyr! Here is a partial list of the new words that have been added:Anuk'xun'hui
– Celestial Heavenly Beings (God/Gods)Ch'ay
- An honorific term denoting firewarriors as elite graduates of their academy.Gua
– Flashy or sleek (can be derogatory as well as complimentary)H'shon'airag
– Garden of Beer (Beer Garden - a Bork'an tradition)Mon'erra
– A dark or malevolent spiritMoq
– Love bite' or 'Love nip' (a tau kiss)Sai
– Shuvuu birdSoh'giin'se
– Honey dropTa'tev
– 'Heart's Embrace' Temeel'zjeen
– 'Dragon-wing insect'Tsa'railar
– Handsome (male)Tsaa'shaal
– Voluptuous (female)Tsox
– To fall or To drop downUusor
– Cord or TwineXeer'xen
– Pretty, lovelyOshi'erra'la
- Obolete word removed. Term was a duplication of another word and was therefore confusing
NOTE: This coming year it my intention to split the Lexicon into two parts, the complete Lexicon and a second smaller Lexicon of Tau Military Terms/Expressions
. So that if members say, just what the tau word for 'Sun Forge
' then they won't have to dig it out of the larger lexicon. This means covering all the weapon combinations, battle suits, and vehicles; some of which never had tau words associated with them. Will be creating a complete list of all Kor'vatta names and terms as well.
As the universe of Warhammer 40,000 is about to change irrecoverably with the coming of our own Age of Emprah
, let us strive to keep our own small piece of it together and healthy, regardless of what side of the Dam'o'kles Gulf your on.The TauMan Abides
EDIT: Sometimes I just can't move fast enough!
Everyone should take a look at Calmswords recent post: Monkt'ka Devil
. Since he is opening up the universe to Tau myth it means I have to add (sooner than I wanted) a new Tau Myth and Folklore
thread. Been when working on this topic for sometime, and if you read the Expanded Lexicon, you'll see there multiple entries in both categories of folklore and myth. "Whew, things is gonna be mighty busy in the last days of the 41st millennium! Age of Emprah here we come!"
EDIT #2: Reviewed the folklore and mythological terms and had to redo some definitions for understanding and clarity. Removed one word as it was a duplicate of another better word. Also somehow forgot to insert one of the new words into the Lexicon. D'oh! TM