[April 2015] A miniature vesa taps your hoof...

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Stygian
Shas

Re: A miniature vesa taps your hoof... [MAIN THREAD]

Post#361 » Apr 02 2015 01:47

Finding a communicator on Tael's unconscious body Stygian sets about making contact with others.

"This is Shas'la Stygian. I've secured Tael but he's unconscious, i'll keep him safe till he recovers to the best of my abilities, keep me advised of any developments. Stygian out"
Last edited by Stygian on Apr 02 2015 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

Retha'la
Shas

Post#362 » Apr 02 2015 01:51

'This is Retha'la, reactor nine is secure, hostiles seem to be diverting away to take on the main reactor, we're loading up and heading over. We'll be with you ASAP. Tau'va.'

Retha'la leapt from the barricade, the tide of necrons was thinning. 'Forward with me, let's get to the main reactor!'

The tired and wounded band of fire warriors followed his steady charge, pulse weapons annihilating what remained of the necron attacking force.

His rail rifle cracked again and again, dropping the necrons like metal flies. They had to reach the reactor in time!

Imohtek

Post#363 » Apr 02 2015 01:56

They were not crippling rounds, but Imohtek could not ignore the sheer force the hyper velocity slugs transmitted into his frame. The power made him to kneel before the doors, covered in a tide of protective Scarabs.

And yet, victory was close. The slugs had bored on into the core room. Wafts of radiation stabbed out, the warmth enough to aid him to shrug off the wounds and edge closer, despite the sledgehammer blows raining across his shoulders.

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#364 » Apr 02 2015 02:15

Stygian wrote:Finding a communicator on Tael's unconscious body Stygian sets about making contact with others.

"This is Shas'la Stygian. I've secured Tael but he's unconscious, i'll keep him safe till he recovers to the best of my abilities, keep me advised of any developments. Stygian out"

All of a sudden a whole cadre of Tau burst round the corner nearly trampling the two Tau.

Is that O'Teal? Nevermind actually, can you fight?
Of course you can. Your with us, Shas'Ui see to the Fio. We're off to the central core you are now with the Falcons.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#365 » Apr 02 2015 02:17

As I reached the reactor room I saw Imotekh reaching desperately to conclude this nightmare with the vaporization of his enemies. I drew my blade, charged with immense power that had been channeled by the Glaive. I knew the time was now or never. It would all end here, sacrificing myself for the greater good as my kin had for ages. This was the greatest honor I could think of, giving my life to defend the Orbital and the future of my brothers in arms.

I ran across the room and lept onto Imotekh, clenching tight to his cold metal shell. With scarabs clawing at me, cutting the flesh from my body I hacked at the lord, punching as many holes into this hunk of scrap that I could until I could no longer lift my arm. I thrust the blade through his chest once more as hard as I could in desperation. I was being hit by the high velocity rounds as they went straight through Imotekh and exited piercing through me like a knife through butter and though my allies were precise the ricochets from the pulse rounds hitting off the scarabs riddled me with holes.

I would die here, but I would die with honor. This gave me strength and I pulled the blade out once more and jammed it between the joint of Imotekh's outstretched arm and shoulder, twisting the blade and snapping his mechanical limb clean off. As his arm was severed it hit the floor and an explosion went off sending me and the pile of remaining scarabs flying across the room in different directions. Riddled and marred by the shrapnel I tried to pick myself up but collapsed. I could do nothing more, and this was the end. I had managed to pull a stim from my pocket and inject it into myself to keep me conscious long enough to watch the final moments of the battle.
Last edited by Blueshock on Apr 02 2015 02:59, edited 4 times in total.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Stygian
Shas

Post#366 » Apr 02 2015 02:19

Well this is quite the development. Take good care of him Shas'ui, i'd hate to see something bad happen to him. Off to the core I go. Tau'va!!"

Mon'von
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#367 » Apr 02 2015 02:21

This is Shas'O Mon'von I am on my way to the Main core with 2 thirds of the 1st Kor Kavaal. Although my Falcons are still MIA.
We will be with in less than 10 rai'kor.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd" Fate remains inexorable

Imohtek

Post#368 » Apr 02 2015 02:30

Pummelled, holed in a dozen different place Imohtek leaned against the doors, pushing them with his weight. These creatures were beginning to wear him down, another round crashed between his shoulders, coring our his chest armor. It was a bit of force too much and he collapsed against the vault doors, the trickle of radiation keeping him at a regeneration level fast enough to allow him the experience of a severe ballistic beating, slow enough to not allow him a chance fend it off without regard.

Stygian
Shas

Post#369 » Apr 02 2015 02:31

"I'm with the Falcons. We're almost at the fusion core and can hear serious fighting"

Running around the corner they the necron lord struggling forward with rail shots striking his back and scarabs soaking up shots. They run into firing range and unload into the necron lord. The pulse fire does little but clears away the remaining scarabs allowing heavier weapons to strike their true target more consistently

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#370 » Apr 02 2015 02:52

Unable to stand, half dead and only moments left...I wouldn't die without seeing this through. I rolled across the floor a Vortex grenade I had taken off the body of a dead Grey Knight Senior officer in a past battle. The grenade skitted across the floor passed Imotekh to the Fusion Core. There was a large blast, then a hole ripped into real-space and drifted around sucking the core's control panel along with the remaining scarabs and several fire warriors bodies that had been killed into the warp. It began pulling everything in around it and was increasing in size every moment it was active. Imotekh had no choice but to let go of the replicated Dawn Blade he had taken and in an instant the Vortex snapped shut, leaving only the core itself, a battered Imotekh and several Shas and Kroot who had taken to firing into him with everything they had.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Stygian
Shas

Post#371 » Apr 02 2015 02:56

Sucked forward by the vortex Stygian is taken off his feet and lands in a heap on the floor when it disappears. Having lost his carbine and only having a photon grenade and a pulse pistol he throws the grenade directly into the Necron lords face and fires his pistol while trying to back away from the still deadly Necron. The grenade stuns Ihmotek and causes him to stagger in a daze
Last edited by Stygian on Apr 02 2015 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#372 » Apr 02 2015 02:57

Just then, as the Stormlord began to advance again, a Shas'la, battered and weary, made her way into the core chamber, a backpack held closely to her chestplate. She slowly moved over to Kakapo, and handed the pack to him. Inside were a collection of components and a note.

Hmmmmmm.. let's see here... if you are reading this then I'm dead... final act for the Greater Good.... key to stopping this nightmare once and for all... Aha! Here we are, assembly instructions! Y- oh for Aun's sake he wrote the darn instructions backwards! *fumbles around with note* Aha that's better..

Hands trembling, wasting no time Kakapo carefully completed the final assembly of the vortex device, meticulously following the instructions to the letter. After a few twists and turns, it was ready for action.

Blueshock! Stygian! Ordinance inbound on the Stormlord! GET CLEAR NOW!! Alright you metal menace, FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!

With a mighty throw, using all the strength he had left, Kakapo hurled the now-armed vortex device at the Stormlord. It landed right on target at the creature's feet..
Last edited by Kakapo42 on Apr 02 2015 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Retha'la
Shas

Post#373 » Apr 02 2015 02:58

The fire warriors charge through the corridor shooting necrons down left, right and centre. Several shas'la fall to return gauss fire but the tau are not to be denied.

'Almost at the core, just one final push!' Retha'la leads them round a corner almost straight into a wraith. The necron construct slashes out wildly but the Shas'vre ducks its claws. An unlucky shas'la is caught in its pincers, but she manages to shove an emp grenade in it's chest as she dies. The grenade staggers the beast and Suam'ny finishes it with a double tap from her ion rifle.

Bursting through the door, Retha'la's strike force find themselves in the main reactor. The room is in total chaos with fire caste everywhere.

'A firing line, form a firing line!' The fire warriors and pathfinders form up, adding their fire to fusillade attempting to bring down the necron lord.

Doombringer
Drill Shas
Drill Shas

Post#374 » Apr 02 2015 03:01

The Doombringer's repair algorithms were working at full capacity, but the legs of the XV-109/Destroyer could not keep up with the fusillade of pulse fire and electromagnetic energy thrown at him.

Numerous times the repair protocols needed to be modulated or restarted due to electromagnetic interference. These new weapons were proving troublesome.

The power core was only two decks and seven rooms away, and yet it felt like light-years in his immobile state.

Explosion after explosion of electromagnetic energy bathed The Doombringer in intoxicating light. He could feel his mental capacity fading with each seemingly insignificant burst.

The Doombringer let out a final defiant swath of gauss plasma at his attackers, hoping to stop the EMP grenades long enough for the repair protocols to engage. It wasn't working. He could feel his mind fading.

"Overlord. Through my sacrifice, you might yet live."

The Doombringer fired his EMP-Transdimensional Beamer through two decks of tor'kan-thick bulkheads and flooring, tuning the weapon to deactivate any remaining automatons in the reactor room, buying his Overlord precious seconds necessary to gather his energies.

As his world faded to black, a dreamless non-existence dissimilar to his sixty-million year hibernation, The Doombringer deactivated his repair and phase-out protocols, and engaged the Gauntlet of Fire that had fused with his body's Failsafe Detonator.

A shockwave of green flame tore reality asunder.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#375 » Apr 02 2015 03:06

Kakapo42 wrote:Just then, as the Stormlord began to advance again, a Shas'la, battered and weary, made her way into the core chamber, a backpack held closely to her chestplate. She slowly moved over to Kakapo, and handed the pack to him. Inside were a collection of components and a note.

Hmmmmmm.. let's see here... if you are reading this then I'm dead... final act for the Greater Good.... key to stopping this nightmare once and for all... Aha! Here we are, assembly instructions! Y- oh for Aun's sake he wrote the darn instructions backwards! *fumbles around with note* Aha that's better..

Hands trembling, wasting no time Kakapo carefully completed the final assembly of the vortex device, meticulously following the instructions to the letter. After a few twists and turns, it was ready for action.

Blueshock! Stygian! Ordinance inbound on the Stormlord! GET CLEAR NOW!! Alright you metal menace, FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!

With a mighty throw, using all the strength he had left, Kakapo hurled the now-armed vortex device at the Stormlord. It landed right on target at the creature's feet..

"Kakapo, my body is too mangled to survive this anyways. Just let me die, I have a perfect front row seat to watch this bastard burn!"

As I begin to black out I can hear the fading gunshots ringing in my ears. It is over for me, but my people will survive.

Just then I feel a rush of air burst through me, the shockwave from the Doombringer's explosion throwing my mangled body out into the corridor. As I hit the floor again I cringed in agony. The pain was good, I knew I was still alive. But I was losing consciousness now and there was nothing to do but wait for death to take me.
Last edited by Blueshock on Apr 02 2015 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Imohtek

Post#376 » Apr 02 2015 03:07

Stabbed, shot and in general, completely debased.. Imohtek looked upon the orb that deftly landed atop his ruined material form. His gaze arc across the running creatures, except for one, a smug little thing - clearly pleased with the deft location of it's throw.

Imohtek made to say something, then just laughed. A weirdly living sound, this whole fracas and for naught but the voi-

Instantly his form crumpled, bunched into a jagged sphere the size of t'pel.. then snapped out of existence alongside a swathe of the floor about it. In the same instant necrontyr simply stopped fighting, turned away and walked into eldritch flame, phasing out of existence. Perhaps to follow their lord or abandon the Phaeron, it will never be known.

In the eerie silence, the tau gathered slowly, their reactions to the end mixed and on the whole, subdued by the sudden stop to a day of dark deeds..

Stygian
Shas

Post#377 » Apr 02 2015 03:10

Is.... it over?.... Have we won? Queried the weary Stygian

Retha'la
Shas

Post#378 » Apr 02 2015 03:12

Retha'la paused as the necrons phased out of existence. 'Stay sharp Shas, we don't want to take any chances.'

Retha'la opened a station wide comm channel, 'command, anyone, something really weird has happened.'

He trained his rifle on what had been the rift. Around him tau staggered to their feet confused at the sudden lull in fighting.

Return to “Library”