Archivist: Space Marine Codex 2015

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Archivist: Space Marine Codex 2015

Post#1 » Jun 28 2015 02:09

New codex means a few more fluff entries, nothing major:

Calendar (listed simply in the 41st. millenium- this might be an indication that specific dates matter less to GW these days)

THE HUNTERS HUNTED Amid the scalding mists of Volghast, the White Scars and the Tau of Vior’la Sept do battle. The two forces stalk each other through the mists, circling and feinting amid the sporadic echo of fierce gunfire. Following the prescient visions of Librarian Kaljuk, the White Scars finally spring a deadly ambush, crippling the Tau transports and massacring their stranded foes wholesale.

(I believe this is part of the Agrellan battles)

THE NIMBOSA CRUSADE Working alongside the Imperial Fists and the Imperial Guard, the Black Templars launch a violent assault to retake Nimbosa from the expansionist Tau. The xenos fight furiously to retain their prize, but after the Black Templars capture their orbital defences, the planet’s Tau garrison is overrun by an Ultramarines assault force.

(I don't know if that puts Nimbosa to rest or if we had this information previously)

Short and... kind of bitter. Not a lot of fluff and just a few more pictures of Tau being blown away per usual.
~Good Hunting

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: Archivist: Space Marine Codex 2015

Post#2 » Jun 28 2015 03:24

I don't think the Nimbosa entry is anything new - the story of the Space Marine vanguard hijacking the Tau orbitals over Nimbosa and the Ultramarines being, well, Ultramarines and acting as a major element in the Imperial counter-offensive have both been mentioned before in older background.

I think the other entry is distinct from Agrellan. It's very similar to the Tau attack on a nearby Knight world (I forget the name of it) where the Imperial defenders, championed by the White Scars, used psychically generated mists to conceal their forces and negate much of the Tau's long range firepower, but I don't think the name of the planet is the same and Warzone Damocles had the mists as just normal (albeit unnaturally produced) mists, I don't remember anything about them being 'scalding'.

So business as usual really I think. Thank you for putting this up though, I was going to do something similar myself, but this has saved me the trouble. Maybe the new Dark Angels codex will have something different?
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Ionus
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Archivist: Space Marine Codex 2015

Post#3 » Jun 28 2015 06:20

Kakapo42 wrote:I think the other entry is distinct from Agrellan. It's very similar to the Tau attack on a nearby Knight world (I forget the name of it)

The planet you were thinking of has the very similar name of Voltoris. Since the circumstances appear to be similar, they could be detailing same battle. My initial take on reading the entry was that the event describes a single engagement in a specific part of the planet, hence the similar name (which could be the name of the local swamp or continent).
Warhammer 40k Wiki Admin - Shas'o'Kais

Return to “Library”