Which sept world is Shadowsun from?

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
CommanderDeathrain
Shas'La

Which sept world is Shadowsun from?

Post#1 » Jan 03 2017 04:43

Hello everyone I have a question in regards to shadowsun
Has it ever been mentioned what sept world she is from? I've looked through the current codex and can't find it mentioned anywhere.

Hastyr
Shas'Saal

Re: What sept world is shadowsun from?

Post#2 » Jan 03 2017 05:52

I don't think it has been explicitly mentioned, but based on the GW paint scheme in the codicies I'd say she was from T'au.
Her sept colours are inverted in the same way as the pathfinder on pg 44 of the 7th ed codex.

Denirosek
Por'La

Post#3 » Jan 03 2017 07:09

I'm most positive she's from T'au. At least that's what her armour's colours would suggest.
Prosper, as Tau shall.

CommanderDeathrain
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jan 03 2017 07:26

Cheers for the replies.
That sounds very plausible and makes sense.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Jan 08 2017 09:47

In the book Shadowsun I believe she mentions at least being a child on Vior'la. But, honestly, I think she's from T'au.

For the record:

Farsight is from Vior'la
Kais is also from T'au (but I've always entertained the idea he is from Sa'cea based on his method of combat; Monat)
Coldwind: no idea.
Puretide: Dal'yth.
~Good Hunting

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#6 » Mar 14 2017 12:42

In Braden Campbell's Shadowsun: The Last of Kiru's Line, Shadowsun ruminates on "what would become of the ancestral estate on T'au" now that her sister was dead. On the other hand, in Phil Kelly's Blood Oath, the aerials of a shield drone remind Shadowsun "of the plain-hoppers she used to catch on Vior'la as a child" (and then Agrellan's hivecities remind her of insect mounds on Vior'la, and then she's reminded of Vior'lan deathstorms, and then she's reminded of lightning storms she watched on Vior'la as a child...)

So: you know, it was really unclear.

Anyways, Denirosek has a good point about her armor matching official T'au colors, and it would be nice if our commanders dueling commanders came from different septs.

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La

Re: Which sept world is Shadowsun from?

Post#7 » Mar 16 2017 07:05

Lyi'ot wrote:In Braden Campbell's Shadowsun: The Last of Kiru's Line, Shadowsun ruminates on "what would become of the ancestral estate on T'au" now that her sister was dead. On the other hand, in Phil Kelly's Blood Oath, the aerials of a shield drone remind Shadowsun "of the plain-hoppers she used to catch on Vior'la as a child" (and then Agrellan's hivecities remind her of insect mounds on Vior'la, and then she's reminded of Vior'lan deathstorms, and then she's reminded of lightning storms she watched on Vior'la as a child...)

Her ancestral estates could be just that, as all Tau originate from T'au. Her family has simply maintained those estates even as the empire spread. She very well could have been born and raised on Vior'la. At least that is how I rectify it my mind.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Mar 17 2017 11:41

Or, perhaps Shadowsun is part of a society within the Empire that travels constantly. We know the Tau arent specifically long lived and that there are Fire Caste stationed within the Kor'vattra.

The Kiru family could have been one such collection of Shas.

This could have been a further reason for Aun'va to want to groom her into his 'personal' commander as she holds no connection to one Sept in paricular. In fact, this might make her an even better symbol as a supremem commander as many Septs could relate to her rather than Farsight who championed Vior'la.
~Good Hunting

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#9 » Mar 18 2017 04:28

Even if you travel constantly you have a place of birth though. :D
Also there are even less indications on her being from a traveling society (or whatever) than there are indications on her being from Vior'la or T'au so I'd say that's VERY unlikely.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Mar 18 2017 05:35

Then come up with a reason why she has childhood memories of Vior'la and ancestrial property on T'au...

I'm postulating not writing a thesis :roll:

Yeesh.
~Good Hunting

Return to “Library”