Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Re: Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Post#11 » Jan 25 2017 11:33

Good news everyone! Biel-Tan is officially dead, gate of Khaine in Commorah is wide open, and birth of Ynnead is really implied to be not a good thing. Basically space elfs went full out necromancy :D

It should silence all this talks about "status quo", I suppose. "GW killing my army" is a new trend. How fast things changes....

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#12 » Jan 26 2017 03:01

Yes. Jumping into details provided by three sites including Atia:

Aeldari is the name of pre-fall Eldar. Eldar are still Eldar.

Drukhari is the name of the Dark Eldar.

Two new factions:

-There are Eldar 'vampire' types (probably what the gown Eldar is) called the Exhumed who can harvest power from soulstones and use them as amplifiers and weapons. They follow Ynnead and want to restore the Eldar to pre-fall norms.
:Yvaine: "can take souls and "share" them with those around her. It gets a bit hard to read, but I think it says that these souls can manifest as spectres, or she can channel them (she gets possessed, in other words). The Ynnari see this as a divine miracle. This is from the Ame Partage (Shared Souls) section on the side, in the very small print that's a pain to read." ~Atia directly

-the Ynnari: not trusted because they're considered to be corrupted by demons. They are also considered dead.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/new-details-from-white-dwarf-days.html
~Good Hunting

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#13 » Jan 26 2017 03:20

A google-translation (an accurate one though) by someone on BolterAndChainsword from the leaked WD page:
Of Commoragh. The Aeldari and the Drukhari of all obediences, besides the most conservative, joined his cause. It is not an abstract philosophical current, for the new divinity exercises manifest powers - thus, the Exhumed can appeal to the souls of the spirits-stones that they carry to strengthen their own capacities, siphoning the power of the departed, To strike with strength, and to reduce their enemies to ashes by means of their strange weapons and their psychic powers. They have learned the secrets of the dead, and have thus become closer to their ancestors and their lost glory.

However, some consider the Ynnari as corrupt by the demonic forces they pretend to subdue, and others consider them already dead. Perhaps they are right. If the Exhumeds seek to recast Eldar society in the name of Ynnead to restore the glory of the ancient Aeldari, their arrogant and coercive approach is worth as much hostility as adherence. Worse still, the danger they represent for the dark gods pushes the forces of Chaos - especially Slaanesh - to rise like an infernal tsunami to consume them. Conflict and destruction disturb the wake of the Ynnari or they go. The truth which dominates without contest is that, besides, the Exhumed are bearers of death, and profuse.

Sidebar:

Invested by the power of Ynnead, Yvraine is capable of attracting into her the souls of those who surround her, or they continue not as isotonic covenants but as voluntary allies. An outside observer believing that Yvraine bets alone, that she hears voices or that she changes her personality without transition. If one does not know one's creed, one can legitimately believe it to be mad, but the Ynnari know what it is. Their mistress has many lives in her. The Exhumed, who adamantly adore Ynnead, share an echo of his aptitude, and carry the spirit-spirits of the departed to purify their wisdom, experience, and knowledge. And the need never felt so much now that the extinction of the eldars and its shadow on the galaxy.

nic
Kroot'La

Post#14 » Feb 04 2017 09:08

Fluff update from the Black Library preview: from an in-character Inquisitorial document

The inquisition believe that Tau expansion across the Damocles gulf will be inhibited by the burning nebula but that the Tau will simply expand elsewhere.

The warp storms from the fall of Cadia are affecting the fires in the gulf which are popping into reality all over the place causing significant destruction. These have been accompanied by several Daemonic incursions in Imperial space. Also reported that a Tau fleet got caught up in one of these events and was believed by the reporter to be destroyed.

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Feb 04 2017 10:50

I believe Tau would be insignificant for some time. Gilliman was resurected after all, who cares about tau when events escalated to this point...

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Feb 04 2017 11:05

I have no doubt we'll just randomly show up. It was our fate in EoT and it'll be our lot now... BUT:

I think there might be a random show up of Tau in this Primarch book in March in the same way that the orks showed up in the first Gathering Storm.

Either way, this is the last of Gathering Storm, I'm sure we'll get something like "Storm Breaks" or something as Gillydude heads to Terra.
~Good Hunting

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Feb 04 2017 02:06

It is posible that our campaign would be built arounfd this "lost expedition fleet" that was mentioned in the report. If it is the case, we wouldn't get "Legasy of Puretide" triumvirate, and it would be new characters...
Also, I belive demon invations will play major role in the event. How tau would behave when face full scale abnormality would be interesting topic to explore

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#18 » Feb 09 2017 12:56

Just read info dump about fluff from GS2. Can't wait to read the book itself, but as far as I can see GW did even better job than with Fall of Cadia. I'm afraid to keep expectations too high, but it is looks like GW finally can provide as with good background. I'm not so sure about book 3, but they at least actually trying to do something worthwhile.

Five stars for Yvraine playing a joke on Ahriman. It was magnificent, but I feel sorry for Aizek

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#19 » Feb 09 2017 01:11

GS2 plot summery for everyone who doesn't care about spoiler (really well written though!)
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/330807-the-fracture-of-biel-tan-plot-summary/

Imo the fluff so far is very neat and i'm reall thinking about buying GS2 just for it.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Feb 09 2017 06:14

Tau not allying with Eldar because the Eldar see them as too "young". Typical Eldar foolishness to me. This seems to push us into a grand alliance with Necrons. It also kills the Tau are an Eldar experiment theory. If we were now would be the time to activate us with things in such bad shape. Or even ask if the Tau project is ready at the council of most powerful Eldar.

I'm expecting Necrons and Tau to be part of the same overarching plot. I think we'll also develop faster FTl than the IoM, but not warp or webway travel.

Return to “Library”