Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Gathering Storm 2: Fracture of Biel-Tan

Post#21 » Feb 09 2017 06:50

Jacket wrote:It also kills the Tau are an Eldar experiment theory.

No it doesn't really. They said "still too young". We don't know what their plans are or used to be. Maybe they just discarded an alliance with Tau because most still don't know *BAD WORD DELETED!* about chaos and the warp so they'd make a rather inexperienced ally against the forces of chaos. Remember that it's not that long ago that Tau just experienced to what scale warfare escalates when the Imperium is serious and they were totally blown away by that experience.
Tau are still very naive and still have a lot to learn. Sure they have the technology and can adapt quick but that would be a gamble....a bigger one than allying with the Imperium in the eyes of the Eldar it seems.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#22 » Feb 09 2017 02:20

While there is nothing we know of directly linking this to the Tau the story apparently ends with one of the 5 Crone swords still missing. It so happens that there is a sword halfway across the galaxy that fits the description almost too well - Farsight's Dawn Blade.

Could be a story hook for later in the narrative.

Unusualsuspect
Kroot'Ui
Kroot'Ui

Post#23 » Feb 09 2017 02:50

Possibly, though I'm fairly sure Yvraine has already sensed the 5th sword's location, according to the spoiler, and it wasn't anywhere near Farsight.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#24 » Feb 09 2017 03:21

Tau gets an offhand mention in FoBt.
The gist is: Still cut off. Warp Storms popping up everywhere. Warp Storms sometimes also swirl with Damocles fire.
Human fleet consumed by burning warp storms.
"Entire Tau Expansion Fleet" destroyed by burning nebula.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Feb 09 2017 03:33

I was right about the Damocles fire being warp related.If so, my other prediction was... Dark/Renegade Mechanicus. The IoM/Tau might be in greater danger than they are aware.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Feb 09 2017 05:34

Jacket wrote:I was right about the Damocles fire being warp related.If so, my other prediction was... Dark/Renegade Mechanicus. The IoM/Tau might be in greater danger than they are aware.

Well what else could it have been? It's not like the Imperium spread some infinitely in vacuum burning chemicals through that part of the galaxy (which woud also be way too easy to get rid off). :D

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Feb 09 2017 06:10

I know it seems obvious now, but I had my doubters at the time in the wider internet. If they do Dark Mechanicus I might start it depending on the units and how they look. I love the whole heretek style they got going on, but this is after I finish my Ta'unar, my DE battleforce, and the small DW force I got.

Edit
What chaos forces do we see attacking the Tau? I'm not familiar with chaos lore all that well. Any of the legions operating in that area or notable warbands?

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Feb 17 2017 11:40

An interesting update. Someone read the book in more detail and found these side bits mentioned. More over at the dakka lore area, but this is the one most pertinent to us. Out fleet is missing.

The Damocles Gulf Fire Warpstorm it's receding but seems to also spread randomly trought the warp so anything engulfed by it may end warped across the galaxy.(The Tau fleet is reported as missing)

The entire fleet missing is huge. It could be anything from total destruction (seems unlikely) to being moved somewhere. What if the fleet has upgraded FTL like I've been speculating? Others think the warp activity has dropped the entire fleet off somewhere, but that doesn't make any sense since the entire fleet was not and never was in one location. We usually have smaller sub fleets for defense not one grand fleet assembly. Even with warp activity it would be hard to take the entire Tau fleet and then put it all in one place unless it was deliberate manipulation.

I think this is organized. The entire fleet does not go missing for no reason.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#29 » Feb 18 2017 12:03

As you have no doubt already been informed, the Damocles Gulf was set aflame by esoteric weaponry after the reconquest of Agrellan, known to the Tau as Mu’galath Bay. The Adeptus Mechanicus, the architects of this preventative measure, committed this cosmic act of vandalism to stave off Tau incursions into the fringes of Imperial space coreward of the gulf. In all likelihood the Tau will abandon their attempts to cross that region of space entirely, and concentrate their efforts elsewhere. Unfortunately, the flaming nebulae of the gulf have mingled with the newly formed Warp storms that have blighted the Imperium over the last few cycles. These aetheric tempests have flickered into life across a large region of space, and several have taken the fires of the Damocles Gulf into themselves to become blazing whirlpools of fire. These are not confined to the gulf – they actively emerge like ambush predators from a lair to assail the fleets of Mankind and Tau alike. Though the remote viewings of the Damoclesian Astropaths indicate the size of the phenomenon has already begun to recede, it remains extremely aggressive. Scoria Prime, Duala, and Vonsha Smyde IX have all been subject to daemonic invasion. One shred of positivity to result from this is the reported loss of a largescale Tau expansion fleet – the entire armada was consumed by the gulf, if the information from our agents can be believed. Recommend urgent reclassification of entire region, starting with Perdita, or even Quarantine Extremis, at your discretion.

Tau sidebar.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Feb 18 2017 02:17

Interesting. Do we think it could lead to anything greater or is it just an interesting blip until our involvement in some other campaign? Thanks for the write up.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#31 » Feb 28 2017 02:54

I think it may lead to more.

After all, there is a genestealer cult on Terra itself now in the Inuit Hive close to the north pole... so everyone's involved it seems with the fight brewing on Terra.
~Good Hunting

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#32 » Feb 28 2017 03:37

Well they said every faction will get at least something in 2017. I'm not expecting any rules or big fluff revelations for Tau but I do expect that we will play a role at some time like Black Templar in GS1 or TSons in GS2.

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#33 » Feb 28 2017 04:31

By this point majority of "sidebars' stories" are interconnected, or at least hints on something. GS1 mentioned Belial (and it becomes important in GS2) and Cypher (and it is likely to become important in GS3). GS2 heavily hinted return of Fulgrim besides orks and tau hints. The question is, how we can possibly differ important "seeds of adventure" from just illustration material...

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#34 » Feb 28 2017 07:40

Val'Sitsor wrote:By this point majority of "sidebars' stories" are interconnected, or at least hints on something. GS1 mentioned Belial (and it becomes important in GS2) and Cypher (and it is likely to become important in GS3). GS2 heavily hinted return of Fulgrim besides orks and tau hints. The question is, how we can possibly differ important "seeds of adventure" from just illustration material...

By waiting and enjoying the ride. Nothing we can do about it anyway. :D

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#35 » Mar 02 2017 10:51

It doesnt seem like we are going to be in the next book as an opponent.

Hm.
~Good Hunting

Vay
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#36 » Mar 02 2017 11:52

My 2 cents:

- Last part of the fight for Mu'gulath Bay left our front fractured for the Empire.
- But the Farsight front is alive and well, and facing a "new" Nid threat.

- Our expansion will be tied to the Nid progression.
- The Human empire also got pulled away for this, so I would expect a number of players being involved in the "Nid" update in 2017.

I Also think post book three will leave more clues to the next area of focus.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Vay
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#37 » Mar 02 2017 12:02

If I was to guess on a Tri-Model.

Kais - Lone hunter
Farsight - Montki
Shadow Sun - Kyoun

Or

AI - Puretide with combat modes. (Full version of the Puretide Nero Chip with a strong body, 3 different forms that combine to be reborn Puretide) (Could also have an AI Aun, and replace our dead ethereal leader)
Like Vultron, it would be a final defense design that was needed because of dire threat.
Shas'O Kais Vay Shone’nan

Return to “Library”