8th Edition: The Eye Opens

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Calmsword
Shas'Ui

8th Edition: The Eye Opens

Post#1 » Apr 23 2017 06:06

Here is a map of what the new 8th Edition 40k Galaxy looks like with smaller 'Eyes' opening all over. Note that the Tau Empire has the Fantasy Flight 'Hadex Anomaly' as the closest major rift site.

I'm hoping that GW ends up taking all the fluff from FF's brief management and includes it and this seems to be a slight nod in that direction.

Hopefully this map helps out with our stellar cartographers here on the Orbital.

~Good Hunting

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Re: 8th Edition: The Eye Opens

Post#2 » Apr 23 2017 07:31

So the Galaxy is almost bisected by Warp Rifts now? Or am I misinterpreting the map?

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Apr 23 2017 08:14

You are not. The Tau are also surrounded by a Necron Empire, Tyranids, and the new warp rifts sprouting from the Hadex anomaly. Did the Tau empire get bigger? Usually its depicted as smaller than it is on this new map.

The IoM is split between Guillimans and the Imperium Nihlius cut off from them.

The Hadex Anomaly was actually in the Deathwatch Codex before this new map. So I knew this was going to happen. This also canonically means chaos won the Reach.

The last known lore on the Tau we have from a sidebar in GS3 is that an entire Tau fleet was destroy/vanished (not sure which) from a giant warp wurm or something. IoM fleet was also being destroyed and had to pull out.

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Apr 23 2017 08:29

Interesting, that isolates Ba'al from Gulliman's sect. The only Legion Homeworld on the other side of the line.

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Apr 23 2017 08:54

This map is amusing. The IoM players are going to have to admit they can't beat Tau anymore. With their resources cut in half they simply can't muster enough forces anymore. Even if we get wiped out by everything else I can at least say the IoM/Marines couldn't take us down. Heh. Worth it.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Apr 23 2017 09:55

The real interesting thing here is that with the Imperium's forces effectively cut in 2, Guilliman will be looking elsewhere for help. Being the most diplomatic Primarch who's door do you think he's gonna be knocking at next?
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Calmsword
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Apr 23 2017 10:12

We're still filthy xenos. If anything- i would think everyone just got a little more intolerant of everyone else.

As well as it should be amidst our grim-dark-universe of darkness.
~Good Hunting

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#8 » Apr 24 2017 12:06

Doombringer pointed out to me that the bisection roughly parallels the path of the Jericho Maw warp gate, which connects (connected?) the Calixis Sector in Segmentum Obscurus to the Jericho Reach in the Eastern Fringe. A nice coincidence... or not. :crafty:

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Apr 24 2017 12:15

Well obviously. The Hadex Anomaly was in the Jericho Reach. As soon as I seen the Hadex Anomaly in the DW codex I knew it was about to become much more plot relevant.

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#10 » Apr 24 2017 01:29

Jacket wrote:Well obviously. The Hadex Anomaly was in the Jericho Reach. As soon as I seen the Hadex Anomaly in the DW codex I knew it was about to become much more plot relevant.

Both Hadex and the Calixis Sector have had slight nods in previous maps, going back years. For instance, Hadex makes an appearance in at least one Eldar codex. (It is marked with the same unknown rune as the Ymga Monolith.)

For my part, I just noticed that everything about the Cicatrix Maledictum (Cursed Scar?) is labeled "Imperium Nilihus." This lends credence to the idea that half the Imperium really is cut off from the Golden Throne... for however much longer the Throne functions.

Return to “Library”