The Shadowsun Spiders

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

The Shadowsun Spiders

Post#1 » May 15 2017 04:54

Hi!!! I recntly got back into playing Tau, and I feel like Commander Shadowsun must have when she stepped out of stasis. Wow!!! so much new content, and there is a LOT of new rules to learn. However, my old army was destoryed in an unfortunate incident involving a baby brother, a demolition derby on TV and a careless modeller leaving his models within reach of a 5 year old. But anyway, my army (Known as Shadowsun's Spiders) is slowly making a comeback. So, I decided to write some cool lore to highlight the debut of 7-8th edition Tau armies. The following was pieced together from a corrupted data file burried in a computer archive on sa'cea. It is a unpublished and censored fragment of a history of Shadowsun's Spiders. More to come!!!

When Commander Shadowsun rose to prominence after delivering her call to arms on the Tau Sept world of Vior’la, the Ethereal Caste declared that she would be given command of the Tau army. At the start of her first campaign after being awoken from stasis, she lead four armies into battle. Soon, she moved on to greater things. But one army, one small division who would later grow into one of the most important battalions in Tau 4th Sphere Expansion history stood out.

One of the four armies she initially led was from the Sept world of Sa’cea, a planet known for producing very disciplined warriors. The unit she lead was not her own. She was trying to assault the imperial hive world of Kradderia, a major producer of supplies for local Astra Millitarium units. The world would give her the opportunity to cut off the supplies to well-entrenched defenders on the surrounding worlds. The attack was ultimately unsuccessful, and Shadowsun was forced to retreat. However, running from imperial guard ground units, her stealthsuit low on power, her weapons useless and her unit destroyed, she came upon the small 101st Fire Team, the team that would later grow into the fourth army. The team had been abandoned behind enemy lines, trying to cover the escape of the rest of their detachment. They had succeeded against all odds in wiping out the enemy, but had been cut off from the rest of the Tau army by pursuing Imperial Guard. Shadowsun called them back into the fight, and they started fighting their way back towards the main body of the Tau force. What exactly aspired that day is shrouded in conspiracy cover ups, and only told for the reason of propaganda. However, it is known that Shadowsun and one warrior made it back to Tau forces, and then inexplicably ordered a full retreat from the star system. Later, the Imperial Guard was wiped out when a Adeptus Astarte force carried out a Exterminatus order, which further suggests something may have been responsible for the wiping out of that squad other than the imperial guard.

After the incident, Shadowsun personally made the Shas’ui commander of that squad a full Shas’vre, giving him command of a sizable force. That Tau was Shas’ui Sa’cea Mal’caor Shas'len'ra, who would lead the newly named 4th Shaserra detachment into battle, standing out in his personal XV-8 Crisis, identifiable due to it’s green paint. Due to his actions on the battlefield, he would later be given his own personal guard, and upgrade his armour to the relatively new XV8-05 Crisis Enforcer, which he would paint green to pay tribute to his original armour.

After his death in 999.881.M41, the detachment would be renamed the 1st Shaserra Mal’caor, literally ‘The Shadowsun Spiders’. They would be increased in size gradually. As tradition, their leader always wears a customized XV8 Battlesuit with green paint, so that the longer lived enemies will see the green suit and know that the spiders are coming.
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: The Shadowsun Spiders

Post#2 » May 15 2017 12:40

Welcome Vio'ra Mal'caor to the A.T.T. Oribital!

First off, I want to encourage you to do the Membership Profile, it's a nice to let everyone here on the Orbital who you are. :smile:

What does you the "Vor'ra" mean in your name? I ask as I am the lexicon guy: An Expanded Tau Lexicon 2017. If you've invented a new word, I'd like to add it to lexicon.

Looking forward to your future posts!

The TauMan
PS Shaserra's Spiders would look this in Tau'sia: H'mal'caorii'Shaserra

PPS I've always thought the Sac'ean martial tradition deserved a little music. Here is what I think a Sace'an march would sound like.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: The Shadowsun Spiders

Post#3 » May 15 2017 04:46

sorry, I meant Vior'la, the sept in the binary star system with all the fire caste acadamies. Also, I thought Shaserra Mal'caor sounded better than the more literal stranslation. But thanks anyway!!!
Star Trek has returned. Imagine enterprise times Movie 5. Then times by cancer. That's how bad this series is.

Return to “Library”