Fior'Serra Sept - Critique and comment request

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Fior'Serra Sept - Critique and comment request

Post#1 » Jun 19 2017 11:59

I have been working on the fluf of my own sept lately from their long history to its culture today. It could be quite far fetched since it tries to bond the survivors of Dark Age of Technology colonist with the Tau Empire and more specific the farsight enclaves.

I post it here looking for more experienced and lectured people to critizise in order to fix and make things "viable" for the cannon.

https://goo.gl/MJ1FbQ

English is not my first language so i have to say sorry in advance and also thanks in advance to those who spend their time and their thoughts on this.
N00bie Wargamer
Army: Fior'Serra Sept Tau 5000 PTS

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Fior'Serra Sept - Critique and comment request

Post#2 » Jun 20 2017 07:28

Colt, welcome to the A.T.T. forum!

First let me say: Outstanding! :biggrin: :D :)

What a great first post, you've got awesome pictures of your army, really good back story, and you even included original transfer designs too! All I can say is wow!

It would be nice if you would let us know a little more about yourself, and so if you would please make a post in the Memebership Profiles (just click on the word to go that forum).

Also, there were photos of your army; which has great colour scheme, and looks good too! You can post photos of your army here on the Earth Caste/Galleries forum.

And here is the link on how to post photos, Official ATT Guide to Posting Images. You don't have to use Photobucket; any photo sharing website will do, like Pinterest, Google Photos, or Dropbox. You just need to be sure and get the "sharing url" or "direct url" from whatever site you use.

The backstory is not only believable, but quite viable. In the WH40K lore, there is a mention of "lost worlds from the Age of Exploration". In fact the Mechanicum is always on the look out for such lost worlds, as they are repository of "pure human" genetic material. I will be sending you a PM (personal message) with some ideas for your backstory.

FYI (For Your Information) I am the guy that does the An Expanded Tau Lexicon 2017. So here are a few items to help you with your Tau'sia (Tau language).

Erra = 'Shadow', 'Shade', or 'Spirit' (Ghost)
Fio'erra therefore could also mean, 'Earth Spirit'.

Gue = 'Lesser'
La = 'Being' or 'Creature' (can refer both to persons or animals)
Gue'la = 'Lesser Being" that is a human.
Gue'vesa = 'Lesser Helper' that is a human who joined the Tau Empire.

Now here is one I invented for the Enclaves - Gue'anda
Gue = 'Lesser'
Anda = 'Brother' or 'Sister' (can mean either)
Gue'anda = Lesser Brother. Lesser in the sense of 'lesser sibling' (younger) versus an 'greater sibling' (older). A similar to the Confucian idea of the Elder Brother/Younger Brother relationship.

In my own lore of the Enclaves, the Tau don't use Gue'vesa; but rather Gue'anda to refer those humans who have joined them. Very fitting for the humans of Shadow Earth.

Again a great first post! :smile:
TauMan

PS Will PM you later.
Last edited by TauMan on Jun 21 2017 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jun 20 2017 02:08

TauMan wrote:Colt, welcome to the A.T.T. forum!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome and your comments, i am working on the fixes right now and it is great that now I know the exact words. Originaly i took the words Serra from o'Shaserra and i made the mistake of thinking the last s of Shas was part of the tau word for shadow. (even when i liked the sound for Fior'Serra :P )

The idea of the younger sibling will be introduced, and yes as soon as i get the pictures of all my units and they have their weapons painted with the decals set ill add the Fior'Erra to the galleries. Also i made a fast post on the Member Profiles forum but is quite thin I would make a more fleshy one as soon as work allows me.

Ill be waiting for the PM in the look for improvements and "head lore" discussion. again thanks a lot.
N00bie Wargamer

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Jun 20 2017 11:10

Oh top stuff, I'm going to grab a pech'caffe and read through that tonight. Very cool and thanks for posting it :)

Colt
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jun 21 2017 12:08

Tael wrote:Oh top stuff, I'm going to grab a pech'caffe and read through that tonight. Very cool and thanks for posting it :)

Thanks ill be looking forward your feedback.
N00bie Wargamer

Return to “Library”