Need some thoughts on Sept symbol

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Need some thoughts on Sept symbol

Post#1 » Jun 23 2017 03:20

This would be for the Tau faction I'm making on Isla'su.
http://imgur.com/a/N5eYi

The blue represents Isla'su being an ocean planet
The bars represent an intersection between the fire case and the earth caste, as this is a proving ground for new Earth Caste tech developed on Fal'shia.

I'd like to know which you all think looks the cleanest while still having a punch of individuality.

I'm planning on giving more fluff details of the planet later for those wishing to know more ;)

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Need some thoughts on Sept symbol

Post#2 » Jun 23 2017 03:43

I feel that adding colors to septs symbols is unseen outside of the red dot on farsight enclave (which is already "deviant").
Adding the two bars remind too much the Ksi'my'en sept which is not related to Falshia.
Maybe a wave to represent the ocean ? Like that

(I have a SVG template of all septs symbols for all castes, so if you want a base vector image to tinker with in Inkscape, I can provide it to you)

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jun 26 2017 10:45

sure! that would be really nice, and thanks for the reply!

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jun 26 2017 11:53

BTW, how are the shoulder pad 3-D models coming out? I have a 3D printer and have been trying to find stuff on thingiverse, what kind of printer do you own?

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#5 » Jun 26 2017 12:31

If you have already my Sept symbol font, there are already the common Sept symbols (typing them as text in inkscape and convert to path will do the base job). If you need other caste symbols, PM me the base sept symbols you need (see all of them there)

Shoulder pads will be worked out in the next weeks, I am on summer holidays by July 10th, so I will go forward all the to-do list I have.
I don't have a printer. I use Shapeways and 3DHubs to print models.

Return to “Library”