How do XV88 get to the field?

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Glarblar
Shas'Saal

How do XV88 get to the field?

Post#1 » Jul 25 2017 03:04

I'm looking into our main transports (Manta, Orca, Devilfish) and none of them say they can transport Broadsides.

So is there section of lore that says how they get to the battlefield, besides slogging their 5" per turn?

I was thinking about one of my next projects converting a AX3 Flyer to be a transport, sort of combining these ideas:

Last edited by Glarblar on Aug 07 2017 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: How to XV88 get to the field?

Post#2 » Jul 25 2017 03:17

Just because the rules don't represent how something gets transported it doesn't mean it's like that in fluff.
Broadsides get transported by Manta as well afaik.

Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 25 2017 04:14

The manta's cargo hold can be outfitted to hold whatever the mission requires. The commonly displayed loadout contains what most commanders prefer, but they can be tailored to what a commander wants. So instead of hammerheads maybe a store for broadsides. As far as rapid deployment of broadsides they could be dropped like other battlesuits and equiped with one time use retrorockets to slow their decent.

That said i kinda like the idea of the converted bomber... would look rad.
Commander wiseblade

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 26 2017 08:24

Shas'O Bentu'nan wrote:As far as rapid deployment of broadsides they could be dropped like other battlesuits and equiped with one time use retrorockets to slow their decent.

Ah as such from 08th MS team:

I like the modified bomber as well but I could see this concept being what they use

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#5 » Jul 26 2017 11:48

While the ficiton holds up that XV suits get Manta/Orca dropped - don't let that hold you from a modified Bomber dropship! I think its a wild idea and has the right layout already for a very unique take :)

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#6 » Aug 07 2017 12:25

Don't forget the Guard have this

so the option to convert the Sunshark to the same role would look great ;)

Return to “Library”