The gundam that the Tau Gun Drone seems to be based on

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

The gundam that the Tau Gun Drone seems to be based on

Post#1 » Oct 10 2017 04:28

See this link:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/NRX-044_Asshimar

Look familiar??? If not, try changing the image using the 'rear MA' button on the sidebar.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: The gundam that the Tau Gun Drone seems to be based on

Post#2 » Oct 10 2017 05:35

Wow! Not only has the T'au sept colors and look like a crisis suit, but it looks like our drones!!!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Oct 10 2017 07:13

One of the old Mobile Armors from Zeta? Man, that's nostalgic. Saw that show before I ever got into Tau, but they really do look highly similar! :biggrin:

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Oct 10 2017 08:38

Arka0415 wrote:One of the old Mobile Armors from Zeta? Man, that's nostalgic. Saw that show before I ever got into Tau, but they really do look highly similar! :biggrin:

Yeah. I found out about that one while rewatching the opening of the first episode of Gundam Build Fighters Try (one of the less well known series, but still quite good). I spotted a transforming gundam coloured green that in it's vehicle mode resembled a gun/sniper done, and then transformed into a gundam that looked like a Crisis suit. Thought I'd post it here for fun.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Oct 10 2017 09:19

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:One of the old Mobile Armors from Zeta? Man, that's nostalgic. Saw that show before I ever got into Tau, but they really do look highly similar! :biggrin:

Yeah. I found out about that one while rewatching the opening of the first episode of Gundam Build Fighters Try (one of the less well known series, but still quite good). I spotted a transforming gundam coloured green that in it's vehicle mode resembled a gun/sniper done, and then transformed into a gundam that looked like a Crisis suit. Thought I'd post it here for fun.

Build Fighters... that show got merchandised unbelievably over here. Hobby stores started shifting their stock and replacing whole aisles and racks with just the Build Fighters kits. Probably on Bandai's orders. Anyway, the show was... decently popular. I think it just blew over, really; not enough nostalgia draw for old fans, I guess.

At any rate, I don't think there was a Build Fighters release for the Asshimar, but there was one for Gundam Z. You can find it online under アッシマー for about ¥1500 if you live here or can get cheap international shipping. The Gundam Z release does in fact transform.

http://calamel.jp/go/item/22780429?ref= ... gKqDPD_BwE

Could be the basis of an interesting "drone mothership" if you want to get creative :D

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Oct 10 2017 09:56

They're actually still making it: new miniseries called battlelouge, but that's off topic I guess. Anyway, just wanted to show something to the community, unless anyone has anything more to say, I'd like to request that one of the Admins edit locks this. I think it's going waaay off topic now.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Oct 10 2017 10:38

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:They're actually still making it: new miniseries called battlelouge, but that's off topic I guess. Anyway, just wanted to show something to the community, unless anyone has anything more to say, I'd like to request that one of the Admins edit locks this. I think it's going waaay off topic now.

No such thing as off-topic in the Library, chat away! No talking at your public library though :P

CmdrCASh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Oct 11 2017 07:08

The Asshimar from Zeta? I actually have the model on my mini storage shelf! Though due to the constraints of the transforming mechanic, the saucer section is a bit smaller and the thruster part a bit larger than what is depicted in the images.
Oh well, maybe GW can come up with a drone/battlesuit hybrid! :P
Ka'ash Sept

Return to “Library”