1. The aformentioned NRX-044 Asshimar from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. A transforming mobile suit that resembles the XV8 Crisis suit in humanoid form, but turns into a craft resembling the Tau MV1 Gun Drone. Possibly part of the visual inspiration for the Crisis suit.
2. From The Farsight Enclaves supplememnt:
Bravestorm, and his most trusted shas’vres, each donned one of the Earth caste’s creations, supercharging their battlesuits for one last great assault. They set forth once more to Blackthunder Mesa, dropping down from transport ships into the midst of the armoured regiments. As battle cannon shells detonated all around them, Bravestorm and his Crisis Teams used the powered gauntlets to punch into the flanks of the Imperial tanks and physically tear out their power cores.
The well-known Onager Gauntlet is remarkably simular to the Winning Knuckle from Gundam Build Fighters Try, as both are incredibly powerful fist-weapons that are used to punch through enemy defences. I know that the OG is more simular to the Imperial Power Fist, but the comparison remains. Other series of gundam also use powerful fist-based weapons, but the prime example is the Wining Knuckle.
3. Commander Farsight is remarkably simular to many of Gundam's protagonists, specifically Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gundam; Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn; Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack; Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam; Pretty much every other Universal Century incarnation) in his intellect, and Setsuna F. Seiei (Mobile SUit Gundam 00; Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer) in his ability in melee. In fact, a every bit of O'Shovah's personality and skillset could be attributed to the main protagonist of some Gundam Series. As well as this, he pilots a highly experimental XV8 Crisis and carries a superpowerful blade.
4. In the Farsight Enclaves book Commander farsight leads the Tau fleet across a system killing ork ships. the Effect is described as thus:
Each asteroid could barely turn its guns toward the Tau before its engines were blown apart by the Air caste. This spectacle was repeated for weeks, and Farsight’s progress could be followed by the string of burning lights he was stitching across the stars.
In Gundam, devestating beam weapons and massive causualties in space battles are represented by blooming spheres of lights flashing back and forth in space. This visual scene in the supplement gives me that impression.
5. The whole Tau army is styled heavily after anime, and the majority of the battlesuits have some design homage to Gundam and other mecha anime
This list will be expanded furthur, and you ca also add your own thoughts to the list. Thanks ATT!!