Weekly Discussion #1: What happens to Gue'vesa once they join the Tau?

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: Weekly Discussion #1: What happens to Gue'vesa once they join the Tau?

Post#19 » Nov 21 2017 04:13

Well, not sure at all, but recently I see GW are going for Orwellian flavor to my beloved T'au, personally want to think they are still the good alien guys, open to embrace all sentients, but still the real life show me that it is very unlikely to happens... Maybe third or fourth GueVesa generation would be fully integrated into Tau military, but still not in a caste. How could you call someone an equal if still is out your caste?, aniways, is just my "human" way to see the world. :)

seven324
Shas

Re: Weekly Discussion #1: What happens to Gue'vesa once they join the Tau?

Post#20 » Nov 21 2017 05:18

El ZorDacK wrote:Well, not sure at all, but recently I see GW are going for Orwellian flavor to my beloved T'au, personally want to think they are still the good alien guys, open to embrace all sentients, but still the real life show me that it is very unlikely to happens... Maybe third or fourth GueVesa generation would be fully integrated into Tau military, but still not in a caste. How could you call someone an equal if still is out your caste?, aniways, is just my "human" way to see the world. :)

The Tau Caste system is because there are 4 (or more 5) different sub-species of Tau, each with pretty much entirely different needs, physical differences and are overall adapted for entirely different situations. The Gue'Vesa and other Tau allies not being part of any of the Tau Castes wouldn't really make much sense, it isn't just "You're part of this caste so you have this Job", it's "You're this specific species". I don't recall seeing anything that would limit how their Allies are treated just because they aren't in a Tau Caste.

Return to “Library”