Weekly Discussion #2: Which Sept's lore interests you the most, and why?

Discuss Tau background and even your own Cadre fiction here.
SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Weekly Discussion #2: Which Sept's lore interests you the most, and why?

Post#1 » Nov 19 2017 10:06

So, ATT, back this week with another question for you all.

My personal favorite sept would be Tash'var.
Tash'var has a reputation for being tough, and has withstood many alien attacks. According to the 7e Codex, Tash'var Breachers are some of the best in the empire, and their Sunshark Bomber pilots are particularly brave. I like Tash'var because it fits my image of the tau: tough, adaptable, stubborn, in the face of all odds, for the greater good.

Which sept do you like the most from a fluff perspective, and why?

Tau'va,

Sniper

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Re: Weekly Discussion #2: Which Sept's lore interests you the most, and why?

Post#2 » Nov 20 2017 12:29

Kisim Yen, because I read somewhere they have an excentric Ethereal and NDras, I'm pretty sure there are clues of the origin of the Ethereals there

Jacket
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 20 2017 12:58

Kel'shan a mix of high technology and xenos bigotry. They are kind of like the IG who have seen a lot of *BAD WORD DELETED!* happen and are a little more gritty and down to earth take on Tau. They don't believe entirely in even their own fellow GG approved xenos because they have seen all too often what xenos can sink to. Fits my experience well. Then against this grim attitude you have sleek highest tech of the high tech to contrast with their attitude. Of all the Sept's they are the only ones who are closest to thinking the GG is not as shiny and great as its preached to be, or if they do like it there is a high cost to maintain it.

They are realists and I like that. Also I like they took the fight up close and personal with the Y'vahrah.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Post#4 » Nov 20 2017 03:22

Kel'shan has all the state-of-the-art technology and Forge World suits, as well as O'Ralai.

N'Dros is a mystery, and people always like mysteries. Something about the idea of underhanded T'au appeals to me.

And the Enclaves. Everyone loves a rebel.

But the Septs whose lore most interests me are Vas'Talos/Perfectia and Mu'Guloth Bay/Agrellon, because expansion into the Damocles Gulf represents the bleeding edge of Tau's future. I like the concept of the interconnected intrigue various systems in various states of assimilation and subjugation provide. New opportunities to interact with the events of the larger galaxy. New biomes to explore, new resources to exploit, and new species to confederate. Some of the best RP and personal story ingredients can only be found in Damocles Soup.

Also, I tend to resent people calling my chosen faction tiny and insignificant. The other stuff can happen in any direction of expansion, but something about losing worlds and territories to the tiny Tau Empire in the Gulf makes Imperial players saltier than simply losing worlds to other factions.

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 20 2017 04:37

Like SinisterSamurai I am interested in Mu'gulath Bay and Vas'Talos, because they are the latest gainings of the Empire and were planned as starting points for further expansion into Imperial space.

So I have few questions according this "Septs".
1) After the Imperium of Man executed exterminatus on the main world of the system (Agrellan),
is it still a sept because there are enough other populated planets around or will it be extinguished in
future maps?
Or had it just delayed Tau settlement and Earth Caste will rebuild everything?

2) So at the end of Third Sphere Expansion Vas'Talos (Prefectica) can be called the furthermost extent of the Empire,
right?
Does it have the possibility to develop to a sept or is it just a military stronghold surrounded by the Imperium of
Man?

Thanks for spreading your knowledge. :fear:

Return to “Library”