The Fall of Medusa V Campaign - Commendations for the Tau?

Battles and discussion of tactics from the earliest days of our Academy.
sidvektor
Shas

The Fall of Medusa V Campaign - Commendations for the Tau?

Post#1 » Jul 21 2010 12:04

In 2006, I participated in The Fall of Medusa V Campaign at my local GW Store (Novi, Michigan USA... which is now closed). As I remember, the campaign spanned several days/weekends. GW setup a website to track what WH40K race would control/destroy Medusa V.

So, my battle report will not be long. As I remember I was playing teams, me playing Tau, another Tau player, and some other Xenos race(s) vs. Space Marine/Imperial Guard, etc. It was the final battle to gain control of a drop ship to escape one of the Medusa V - Hydra Zone (USA) planets (I don't remember what objective/border it was) before it was destroyed in the Warp. Realizing the odds were against the Tau Empire collation being able to repel the Imperial assault and escape in the drop ship, we decided to destroy the ship and sacrifice our cadre for the greater good.

Many strategies were employed to distract the enemy while fellow Tau player used his 5 Piranhas with Fusion blasters to burn through the structure points and eventually destroy drop ship. Now, one move that I performed was to deploy my Pathfinder Squad to the top of a building for Markerlight sniping to support the other Tau units. They were delivered to the top of the building by their mandatory Devilfish... 12" move, the Pathfinders disembarked. Per 4th edition rules, exiting the Devilfish on top of a building after it had moved made the disembarking Pathfinders take a Dangerous Terrain Test. Unfortunately, I rolled a few ones and lost some Pathfinders.

After that battle, we were all asked to stay and have store winners declared, prizes distributed, etc. To my surprise, I was awarded a Medusa V medal of commendation of the "The Order of the Scarlet Wing". The store manager explained to me the Pathfinder losses I received in the airborne assault maneuver (via Devilfish) is why I received medal.

Here are the images of the award I received (names pixelated to protect the innocent ;) ):

Finally, I'd be interested if any ATT members participated in Medusa V campaign and learn of battles/awards.

Tau'Va!

Sid'Vektor

[Edited - updated content for accuracy - SV]
Last edited by sidvektor on Jul 21 2010 06:00, edited 1 time in total.

Majonga
Shas

Re: The Fall of Medusa V Campaign - Commendations for the Tau?

Post#2 » Jul 21 2010 09:50

I played the M5 campaign, it's waht got me started into Tau and I collected a small combat patrol for it. I never really played at any of the stores, but my brother and I had our own little mini-campaign and put our games up online. I remember there was a lot of cheating online though, but at the heart of it, the Campaign really got me going army and fluffwise.

I got an award online but I don't remember what for and what it was called :sad:

Welldone on getting your award though, sounds like you had a good campaign.
He who defends everything, defends nothing - O'R'myr

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#3 » Jul 21 2010 10:39

Hey I went to the store at Novi too :) Shame it's closed.

ShadowSword
Shas

Post#4 » Jul 21 2010 11:12

I, unfortunatly, did not know about the 40k universe, much less the campaign, back in '06. But congrats on the medal (even though it's four years late)!
Fight with courage and fire.

sidvektor
Shas

Post#5 » Jul 21 2010 01:12

ShadowSword: Alas... I was so busy with work and college over the last few years it delayed me sharing this with ATT community.

Terminatorinhell: Yes, I am saddened of the closing of the GW store in Novi, MI. :( I played at least 3 campaigns there, and had a pickup game partner (shout out to Mike) I would meet on weekends at the store on a regular basis.

Majonga: Yes, I posted my game results to the Medusa V website setup by GW, but don't remember much of the statistics for Tau. However, I thought the Imperial forces dominated (or was it Chaos) :-?

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#6 » Jul 21 2010 01:38

Yep, I did.

Commendation of Exceptional Valour
This document certifies that

Shas'O Vior'la Shovah Kaius Mont'yr
of
Farsight Enclave

Has successfully completed a tour of duty in the Edethor sector on Medusa V.

On behalf of the Emperor of Mankind, and the High Lords of Terra, we thank the bearer of this commendation most heartily for their sacrifice and dedication.

No hero that died in battle ever died in vain.

Your fellow servant,
Scrivenor General Trokev
Medusa High Command

Final Ranking Overall Battle Conf. Wins: 5
Medusa V 3020 2982 3169 Losses: 4
Edethor 757 860 943 Draws: 4

Awards:
The Medusan Star
The Order of the Storm
The Merit of Terra

E.

Majonga
Shas

Post#7 » Jul 21 2010 04:02

sidvektor wrote:
Majonga: Yes, I posted my game results to the Medusa V website setup by GW, but don't remember much of the statistics for Tau. However, I thought the Imperial forces dominated (or was it Chaos) :-?

If I remember rightly Imperials dominated. Tau came in 5th I believe, with the Fio gaining valuable information about the Warp, but it was offset by the high casualties they recieved.
He who defends everything, defends nothing - O'R'myr

sidvektor
Shas

Post#8 » Jul 21 2010 08:03

Eiglepulper: Hats of to you! Looks like you did excellent with the Farsight enclave.

Majonga: Oh yes... we learned about the warp... hopefully that will manifest itself in the next Tau codex.

Return to “Archival Datacore”