1500 vs Crimson Fists [With Reflection]

Battles and discussion of tactics from the earliest days of our Academy.
Vior'la Mont'yon
Shas

Re: 1500 vs Crimson Fists [With Reflection]

Post#19 » Apr 15 2011 09:29

lostinnm wrote:
Huru MorDae wrote:Then I discovered I reveled in thier pain and it made me play Tau more and more because their crys of cheating and thier inability to adapt amke me gigle on the inside. Ethier that or because my Mentor was a Dark Eldar player I get much satisfaction in the slow torture of my enemy.

This is part of the reason I kept playing my Tau. Most people refused to adapt their strategy to fighting the Tau and hence would lose. Even bringing the same weak but flexible list for months on end most wouldn't adapt to it.
Then I'd pick up my Space Wolves and have an opposing Tau player on the ropes by turn 2 with the victory sealed by turn 3-4. It's not your problem that your opponent refuses to open his eyes to the glaring weaknesses of the codex and exploit them. People lose to the Tau because they are either ignorant or blind to how they work not necessarily because they are cheesy.

Very well said. Most people think that all you need to beat tau is to get us into melee. Admittedly that does work wonders; but pursuing it by blindly running into gunlines is not the way to go about it.
A battle suit for every occasion!

Huru MorDae
Shas

Post#20 » Apr 16 2011 02:30

Vior'la Mont'yon wrote:
lostinnm wrote:
Huru MorDae wrote:Then I discovered I reveled in thier pain and it made me play Tau more and more because their crys of cheating and thier inability to adapt amke me gigle on the inside. Ethier that or because my Mentor was a Dark Eldar player I get much satisfaction in the slow torture of my enemy.

This is part of the reason I kept playing my Tau. Most people refused to adapt their strategy to fighting the Tau and hence would lose. Even bringing the same weak but flexible list for months on end most wouldn't adapt to it.
Then I'd pick up my Space Wolves and have an opposing Tau player on the ropes by turn 2 with the victory sealed by turn 3-4. It's not your problem that your opponent refuses to open his eyes to the glaring weaknesses of the codex and exploit them. People lose to the Tau because they are either ignorant or blind to how they work not necessarily because they are cheesy.

Very well said. Most people think that all you need to beat tau is to get us into melee. Admittedly that does work wonders; but pursuing it by blindly running into gunlines is not the way to go about it.

And thus it has been the backbone of my startagey. To pull the enemy into a false hope of melee, while scores of kroot and sunforges eat them from behind. Yes I effectively field sunforges.
Manta spam, its the future.
The Tau on The Attack
Manta

Vior'la Mont'yon
Shas

Post#21 » Apr 16 2011 03:01

Sunforges!? Now that is something I'd like to hear more about. Mind PMing me?

I find most people thinking of us as only long range. The only issue is that with the exception of rail guns we only get more potent the closer we get. By underestimating this players unfamiliar with us think only to rush in, not paying attention to our close range firepower and focusing only on assault. All too often someone will barely miss the assault range allowing me to soften them up sufficiently that it's worth it to initiate assault myself.
A battle suit for every occasion!

Huru MorDae
Shas

Post#22 » Apr 16 2011 04:43

@Vior'la Mont'yon
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17328&p=216637#p216637

I am quite insane and find it hard to put how I think to paper. Bare with me but I tryed to put the entire concept into the picture so youy can see how my concept of using sunforges in the game has evolved. But my most potent use of them comes in apocalypse games where I currently am fielding 3 monats.

My inspiration for them was the Jap Zero kamikazi pilots. You only get one shot to inflict great pain. make it count.
Manta spam, its the future.
The Tau on The Attack
Manta

Return to “Archival Datacore”