Mobile Armor Division - Opening Old Wounds

Battles and discussion of tactics from the earliest days of our Academy.
samuraioshovah
Shas

Mobile Armor Division - Opening Old Wounds

Post#1 » May 27 2011 10:17

My 64th W for the Tau came from a player who hadn't played in 5 years. It was more of a refresher game for him. He was running 2500 pts of Vanilla Smurf Marines that were configured to beat on Meq Forces, but he had enough plasma and Las for me. Unfortunately the dice gods weren't with him.

So Mission: Kill Points (Slay Everything sounds better to me)
Deployment: Dawn of War...Epic

The Pics sadly are out of order...

So Recap.

Turn 1 Marine: Gets on the board, so many formation are out of place he runs them in the shooting phase. Total Fire kills 4 kroot.

Turn 1 Tau: Run standard Mobile Armor Division 3 Flank Pincer spread blitz (Split up forces with cross fire killzones in Range). His Sniper squad is cut in half and pinned down with fire from Pathfinders and Rail Rifles.

Turn 2 Marine: His Speeders rush up the Western Flank making a break for the Hammerhead?! But all his fire went to the Devilfish in front and did zero. In the middle area of the table he opened up with 2 squads into the Vespid (They took all the fire, so their sacrifice feint worked!) On the Eastern Flank he nailed the Devilfish to make it land, Immobilized. Oh well the Team inside was safe, no loss there.

Turn 2 Tau: Sneak Attack from the Skies! To FB / PL Crisis suits landed on target behind enemy lines. The Predator Tank caught a Fusion Gun that made sure it wouldn't fire next turn, but the Suit on the Dreadnaught rolled nada and only pissed it off. The Force in front of the Speeders Gunned them down, the Railhead dropped the Template on the Scout Squad, killing 8 out of 9 instantly. Pathifnders lit up the Jet Pack Squad in front of the Pathfinder Devilfish so Orange Squad could dismount and dump 24 shots hitting on 2, killing the majority of the unit. Only the Sgt Survived with his ancient power fist! Jack Archer and his suits dipped around the burned out hospital to shoot up the HQ Jet Pack Squad, only managing one kill.

Turn 3 Marine: The Dreadnaught ran away but turned to fire the entire magazine of the Assault Cannon into the suit, (I rolled terrible, failing 2 wounds immediately). No one else responded to the other Crisis suit (I had a plan for turn 4!) The Lonely Sgt charged the Firewarrior Squad Orange, who responded with 8 hits and 4 wounds killing the Marine outright! The Marine fire this turn did nothing. Everything missed or hit the vehicles and the power of the DP laughed in the face of adversity. Well his HQ Squad with Chaplain minus 1 Charged the Middle of the Table and met the Kroot. The Hounds responded with 14 swings, 8 hits and 5 wounds, then the rest of the squad ate the marines while only giving up 9 kindred. We held up the lines across the map.

Turn 3 Tau: The Store Closed. As we were picking up we did a quick roll off. The Kroot never did their sweep roll which was a 6 and that would have put them in 11" of the rest of the Marine Rear Guard on foot. Eastern Flank was going to be rolled up with the Hammerhead, all the other Crisis suits and 12 Firewarriors pushing them back. Middle Flank was secured with the Pathfinders lending marker support. Western Flank was going to make a 30 degree turn right and support the Kroot March.

Opponent concluded that was game. Before game was official (4-2 Tau Victory) after quick roll up (11-2 Tau)....

Mobile Armor Division #64

Mobile Armor Division...71-12-11 2014 Season 14-4-3

Return to “Archival Datacore”