Mechanized Tau 1500

A review of past Cadre formations from tau'cyr before.
Agent00abe
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Mechanized Tau 1500

Post#19 » Feb 01 2013 07:41

Hola. 0/

I saw your list and thought it resembled my own quite a bit.
If you want to check it out I made a post here.

You have no markerlights. Why is that?
If you have the models / proxies I highly recommend the Tetras. I love those bastards xD
If not, then maybe a couple of marker drones?
I'm of course assuming that pathfinders are out of the question as this is a mechalist, and pathfinders a very immobile.
Does this Railgun make me look fat?

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#20 » Feb 01 2013 10:47

Thanks all! I did some crisis shuffling as suggested to free up some extra points without changing the team composition. I was running bodyguards to keep my unit count down but that may not be as important as some extra gadgets. I was able to change my Ionhead to a Railhead and give my stealth team some extra drones.

This works out better since I found out I can expect to see a couple AV14 almost every game. Apparently, Ravenwing are the army to beat right now (they say it's broken?) with Chaos a close 2nd.
Regardless, I'm going to be roughin' it until GW gives us some decent anti-air that doesn't cost me $80 (barracuda...) since the guard armies around here like vendettas. :dead:

@THT-shadow: I'll keep the outflank in mind, but I kitted the 'El out to hang behind the tanks and target light armor so it probaby won't happen often

@Agent00abe: I would love tetras, however I don't have much time for anything except tournaments at the LGS, which would rule out proxying. I'm waiting on buying the tetras until I see what the new codex has in store for us, you never know... like a high altitude tigershark with 4 heavy markerlights :P
To make up for the lack of markerlight support, I've given targeting arrays wherever possible.

FireTrident
Gue

Post#21 » Feb 03 2013 01:40

This list has really come together. It looks really strong and appears to be a cohesive force!

The last thing I will mention is watch for your stealth suits, as they are a very hit or miss unit on a player by player basis. If you feel like they aren't really carrying their weight don't be afraid to shuffle some of them out and put the points towards your Fire Warriors. Your Mechanized setup for your Fire Warriors looks great :D Just remember that the devilfish CANNOT score for them. They MUST get out of their protective skimmer in order to claim objectives. You definitely have got a good deal of anti-armor "punch" in the list now! It really looks good. At this point it is really just "fine tuning". You have done a great job, and I hope that this is the kind of feedback and response you were looking for, as well as what the admins intended upon opening this section up :)

Good Luck, and remember, BOOST those TROOPS!

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
Codex Tau Federation

R'eks
Shas

Post#22 » Feb 04 2013 06:19

Man, Plasma Cannons are so much better than Ion Cannons! Haha, I'm only kidding. I read the fine print ;)

Good list, I read this a few days back and it inspired me to add 2 squads of 12 Firewarriors with host Warfish. They performed excellently! I really enjoyed rolling so many BS5 (thanks to Tetra support) shots, they sunk so many Marines.

My only caveat would be the lack of Broadsides, however seeming as you have included plenty of Fusion in there, I think your anti armour should be sorted, specially if you can use the Devilfish to protect your Suits while they rock up with all that anti-armour payloady goodness.

JagdtMirage
Kor'Ui
Kor'Ui

Post#23 » Feb 04 2013 12:22

Da Skyman wrote:@Agent00abe: I would love tetras, however I don't have much time for anything except tournaments at the LGS, which would rule out proxying. I'm waiting on buying the tetras until I see what the new codex has in store for us, you never know... like a high altitude tigershark with 4 heavy markerlights :P
To make up for the lack of markerlight support, I've given targeting arrays wherever possible.

6th Edition rules for the Tigershark are out, in Imperial Armor Apoc 2nd Edition and I like them. They're part of my project... an Air Caste Cadre. [Contents of 2 Mantas, 4 Tigersharks, 10 Barracudas]

Nothing makes people wince when facing the Taupocalypse as much as seeing you set flyer stands on the edge of the table as reserves.
S7,AP3,10inBlast,IgnoresCover. Smells like...victory.

E'nigma
Shas

Post#24 » Feb 04 2013 12:50

JagdtMirage wrote:
Da Skyman wrote:@Agent00abe: I would love tetras, however I don't have much time for anything except tournaments at the LGS, which would rule out proxying. I'm waiting on buying the tetras until I see what the new codex has in store for us, you never know... like a high altitude tigershark with 4 heavy markerlights :P

6th Edition rules for the Tigershark are out, in Imperial Armor Apoc 2nd Edition and I like them. They're part of my project... an Air Caste Cadre. [Contents of 2 Mantas, 4 Tigersharks, 10 Barracudas]

Nothing makes people wince when facing the Taupocalypse as much as seeing you set flyer stands on the edge of the table as reserves.

There is an even newer update to the Tigershark in IA: Aeronautica it ups it's front Armor and gives it the Strafing Run special rule from the BRB.

Return to “Archival Datacore”