Brazilian Player - first time playing - 1500 pts

A review of past Cadre formations from tau'cyr before.
Rvianarpg
Shas

Brazilian Player - first time playing - 1500 pts

Post#1 » Feb 14 2013 08:46

Hi fellow members of our Cadre!

as you could read, im brazilian, not new to game, but new to 6ed and to TAU. first game since 4th ed, and first with tau.

i did a build and i really don't now if it will work. So i ask foe your help.

list:

HQ - Sha´s el - (309)
target array - Fb + PR + 2 shield drones HWBSF, HWMT, HWTL. HWDC
+ 2 Body guard Crisis - Missile POd + Plasma rifle - HWMT, HWTL +target array

Crisis BS - (236)
HWDC, HWMT, HWTL, targeting array, missile and plasma + 2 shield drone
crisis BS - Fusion + Plasma , Multi tracker
crisis BS - Fusion + Plasma , Multi tracker

9 Fire warrior + 1 sha´s ui + devil fish - 190
9 Fire warrior + 1 sha´s ui + devil fish - 190

Tetra x 2 - 120

Hammerhead - BSF + D-Pod - railgun - 160

Broadside - HWBSF, HWDC, HWMT, HWTL + ASS + 2 shileld drone - (288)
Broadside + ASS
Broadside + ASS

total 1493

sorry for the bad english, little lack of use, and thanks in advance for the good reception and help.

O'Shaska
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Brazilian Player - first time playing

Post#2 » Feb 14 2013 09:36

Rvianarpg wrote:Hi fellow members of our Cadre!

As you could read, I'm Brazilian, not new to the game, but new to 6ed and to TAU. This is my first game since 4th ed, and my first with tau.

I have a build and I really don't now if it will work. So I'm asking for your help.

list:

HQ: Shas'El - (135)
Targeting Array, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Hard-Wired Drone Controller 2x shield drones, Hard-Wired Backsun Filter, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Target Lock.

HQ: Crisis Bodyguard Team (174)
2x Bodyguards, 2x Missile Pods, 2x Plasma rifles, 2x Hard-Wired Multi-Trackers, 2x Hard-Wired Target Locks, 2x Targeting Arrays

Elites: XV8 Crisis Suit Team-(219)
2x Crisis Suits, 2x Fusion Blasters, 2x Plasma Rifles, 2x Multi-Trackers
Team Leader: Hard-Wired Drone Controller 2x shield drones, Hard-Wired Backsun Filter, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Targeting Array, Missile Pod

Troops: 9x Fire Warriors: 100
Shas'Ui

Troops: 9x Fire Warriors: 100
Shas'Ui

Dedicated Transports: Devilfish Troop Transport: 80

Dedicated Transports: Devilfish Troop Transport: 80

Fast Attack: Tetra Scout Speeder Squadron (2x Tetras): 110
2x Targeting Arrays

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship: 158
Blacksun Filter, Disruption Pod, Railgun, Burst Cannons

Heavy Support: XV-88 Broadside Team: 288
2x Broadsides, 2x Advanced Stabilization Systems
Team Leader, Hard-Wired Backsun Filter, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Target Lock, Hard-Wired Drone Controller and 2x shield drones, Advanced Stabilization System

Total 1444

Sorry for the bad English and thanks in advance for the good reception and help.

No worries, Rvianarpg, I corrected your mistakes in this reply. English is a really tough language to learn so we're always happy to help translate.

As for your list, first for the good news: Your math was a tad off, but because of that you now have more points to play around with! You can never go wrong with Broadsides and Hammerheads; Crisis Suits are also an excellent choice. Good move mounting the Fire Warriors (they need the protection) and Tetras are almost a requirement for this edition so excellent pick on that.

Now for the constructive criticism:
1. Welcome to the Greater Good! Remember that our Codex is old so this army will take time and patience to learn. They can be really unforgiving so don't beat yourself up if you don't immediately wrack up victories (trust me though, it can be frustrating). The army is really rewarding to play, however, once you start stomping players with more up-to-date armies (basically everyone). Also you are not obligated to take any of this advice. It's ultimately your army and if it's fun for you a certain way that's all that matters.

2. Take Disruption Pods on your Devilfish. For 5 points your tank is Shrouded against all shooting attacks originating from over 12 inches away. Combine that with Jink for a 3+ cover save or a 2+ flat out save and your humble transport will laugh off shots that could wreck a Land-Raider. Hiding behind these also protects your Crisis Suits way better than Shield Drones too.

3. Keep your HQ choices cheap. Your Commander is already BS4 and with Markerlights most of your army can fire at enhanced BS so I would drop the Targeting Arrays off your Shas'El and Bodyguards. Tau HQ's aren't like other commanders who have army-wide effects or squad buffs so there isn't much justification for an expensive Shas'El.

4. Homogenize your Battlesuit weapons. Fusion Blasters are really good up close, but until you get that close you have no way of supporting your longer range suits. Personally I run Plasma Rifles and Missile Pods on my suits and then use my Tetras to improve their accuracy. In light of this I would drop the Target Lock and the Targeting Array off the Team Leader.

5. Take a Multi-Tracker on your Hammerhead. That way it can move 12 inches and fire two weapons at full BS.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Hopefully this was helpful in clearing up any issues you have with your army. Happy hunting :D

-O'Shaska
Unity is a rock against the tides of conflict.

Rvianarpg
Shas

Re: Brazilian Player - first time playing - 1500 pts

Post#3 » Feb 15 2013 06:40

thanks my great friend!

what do you think about the hammerhead Twin linked Plasma Cannon? it worth the points?

Rvianarpg, please read the Membership Primers and also fill out a Member Profile so that we know more about you before posting any additional questions. - modelglue

O'Shaska
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Brazilian Player - first time playing - 1500 pts

Post#4 » Feb 15 2013 07:42

Personally I prefer the Railgun for it's versatility but the Twin-Linked Plasma Cannon is a really good cheap option for chewing through monstrous creatures, light armor, and it has a reasonable chance of hitting aircraft. If you take one it would give you a reason to field those fusion blasters too.
Unity is a rock against the tides of conflict.

Return to “Archival Datacore”