Would like advice on a 1750 pts tournament list

A review of past Cadre formations from tau'cyr before.
Semicolon
Shas

Would like advice on a 1750 pts tournament list

Post#1 » Mar 03 2013 09:22

Hello everyone!

I am planning to attend a tournament in about a month. I will be fighting one of each of the missions in the BRB, except The Relic. Limits are 1750 points, Forge world and allies allowed, but no apocalypse. The opposition will be pretty random, but with a high probability of Chaos Space Marines.

I am fairly new to the gaming aspect of the hobby, and have only fought Imperial Guard at any serious level so far. The models I have would probably get me to 1750, but the composition might not be very competitive. This is my list so far:

HQ – Shas'el Commander: 99 pts
XV81 Battlesuit, Airbursting fragmentation projector, Flamer, HW Multi-tracker

Elites - Crisis Team: 186 pts
3x Shas'ui; Plasma rifle; Missile pod; Multi-tracker

Elites - Crisis Team: 34 pts
1x Shas'ui; TL Flamer, Blacksun filter

Troops - Fire Warrior Team: 80 pts
8x Shas'la

8x Shas'la

8x Shas'la

Fast Attack - Tetra Squadron: 55 pts
1x Tetra; Targeting array

Fast Attack - Tetra Squadron: 55 pts
1x Tetra; Targeting array

Fast Attack – Pathfinder Team: 181 pts
8x Shas'ui
1x Devilfish; Disruption pod

Heavy Support - Broadside Team: 298 pts
1x Shas'ui team leader; TL Plasma rifles; Multi-tracker; HW Target lock; HW Blacksun filter; HW Drone controller; 2 Shield drones
1x Shas'ui; TL Plasma rifles; Multi-tracker
1x Shas'ui; TL Plasma rifles; Multi-tracker

Heavy Support - Hammerhead Gunship: 183 pts
1x Hammerhead; Railgun; Smart missile system; Multi-tracker; Disruption pod; Target lock; Blacksun filter

Total – 1331 pts

-----

I am thinking of buying some new models for the tournament, something like:

Elites - Crisis Team: 186 pts (Have one suit already)
3x Shas'ui; Plasma rfle; Fusion baster; Multi-tracker

Troops - Fire Warrior Team: 90 pts
9x Shas'la

Heavy Support - Hammerhead Gunship: 138 pts (Have the turret, can swap with the Railhead)
1x Hammerhead; TL Plasma cannon; Burst cannons; Multi-tracker; Disruption pod; Target lock; Blacksun filter

Total – 1745 pts

-----

My other models are 28 Kroot, 6 Stealth suits, a Pirhana and lots of Gun drones. I would of course prefer to use what I already have, but i feel the new additions would make a better army.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me? Paricuarly:
- 3 x 12 Firewarriors or 4 x 9 Firewarriors?
- The Broadside unit is ridiculously expensive
- Should the Tetras be one unit, and one given a Target lock
- Crisis configurations, I usually use TL Missile pods in my games against IG, but I feel I need some guns to handle MEQs

Thanks.

Medalion
Fio

Re: Would like advice on a 1750 pts tournament list

Post#2 » Mar 03 2013 08:59

You still have around 400pts to play around with, not counting the units that you may buy, so there's a lot that you could do. First off, you may want to fold that lone crisis suit into one of your other squads, maybe as a bodyguard for your commander. He's awfully lonely at the moment, and his weapons would complement the commander's nicely. You should also probably drop the blacksun filter on it. Night fighting isn't a concern if you only have flamers, though your other crisis team would probably get some good use from it. You can then add a unit of stealth suits if you want to round out your elite slots. Equip one or two with a fusion blaster if you're concerned about vehicles or MEQs or stronger. As for troops, I would at least add a shas'ui to the fire warriors, if only for leadership 8. Also, more is usually better, so I personally would go with 4 squads of them, it will let you control more objectives. Giving one or two of them a devilfish of their own may not be a bad choice either. If you're concerned about too many points sunk into one unit, you could split up the broadsides into two separate squads. Bit more flexibility that way. Finally, if you still want to round out squads, I'd put some of your gun drones in. The crisis and stealth teams can use them as disposable wounds that give them the additional benefit of a bit more firepower.

If you're looking for more units to purchase, crisis suits are always handy to have, and you probably should get some more troops. Hammerheads are very nice, but you don't necessarily need more of them. Depends on how you like to play your army though.
Science for the Science God! Math for the Math Throne!

Return to “Archival Datacore”