2000pt List for Friendly Campaign

A review of past Cadre formations from tau'cyr before.
vidmasta360
Shas

2000pt List for Friendly Campaign

Post#1 » Mar 10 2013 03:31

My friends and I are running a campaign soon, loosely based off of a Dark Heresy group we play with. Should be loads of fun. This is my attempt to create a list that will be able to combat Vulkan Marines, Eldar, Grey Knights, Daemons, and possibly Dark Angels, he's kinda on the fence. First of all an overview of what each tends to bring.

Vulkan Marines: Generally runs Vulkan in a unit of Termies in the big flamethrowers LR. The last couple of times he's also run dual sternguard in drop pods which caused me a bit of trouble, annihilated a couple XV8's. Generally also runs a vindicator and several Tac squads on an Aegis line.

Eldar: Generally runs an Ulthwe themed list. Usually a farseer or two, at least 1 unit of Fire Dragons and Striking Scorpions and he absolutely loves his wraithlords. Troops he generally brings a couple of pathfinders and several units of bladestorm Dire Avengers.

Grey Knights: He's kinda all over the place. Every once in a while he runs Drago with paladins, other times he runs normal Tac Knights with Dreadknight support. He's definitely hard to predict. So I will definitely need to be able to take the brute force of 2 kitted out paladin squads, but also need to be ready for massed marines.

Daemons: I honestly don't know what he is going to take. The new Daemons books is awesome looking though and he loves all of the Chaos Gods equally. I definitely foresee at least 1 greater daemon and several of the new units. This will take overall volume of shots from what I have seen in the past and pretty much just praying that I can take down the big guys before they get to me.

Dark Angels: This guy is pretty new to the whole scene of 40k but he's put up a good fight usually. He loves Belial and the Deathwing Assault. He likes to run 2 terminator squads fully kitted, Belial, Deathwing Knights, and then usually brings several bike squads for pinpoint landings.

Now onto the actual list itself. I'm still toying with the idea of having a more mobile army since the missions will have me trying to take positions. That being said I've had tremendous luck with this type of static army in the recent past. Thoughts are appreciated.

HQ - Shas'O Commander - 158 pt
1 x Shas'O; Plasma Rifle, TL Fusion Blaster, Hard-wired Multi-Tracker, Hard-wired Drone Controller with 2 Shield Drones, Stimulant Injector

HQ - Shas'El Commander - 111 pt
1 x Shas'El; TL Missile pod, Targeting Array, Hard-wired Drone Controller with 2 Shield dRones, Hard-wired Blacksun Filter

Elite - Crisis Team - 124 pt
2 x Crisis Suits; Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi-Tracker

Elite - Crisis Team - 94 pt
2 x Crisis Suits; Twin-linked Missile Pods, Flamer

Troops - Firewarriors - 138 pt
11 x Shas'La; Pulse Carbines
1 x Shas'Ui; Pulse Carbine, Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter

Troops - Firewarriors - 138 pt
11 x Shas'La; Pulse Carbines

Troops - Firewarriors - 128 pt
10 x Shas'La; Pulse Carbines

Troops - Firewarriors - 118 pt
9 x Shas'La; Pulse Carbines

Fast Attack - Tetras - 120 pt
2 x Tetras; Blacksun Filters, Targeting Arrays, Pulse Carbines, High-Intensity Markerlights

2 x Tetras; Blacksun Filters, Targeting Arrays, Pulse Carbines, High-Intensity Markerlights

Heavy Support - Broadside Battlesuits - 205 pt
2 x Broadside Battlesuits; Twin-Linked Plasma Rifles, Multi-Trackers, Leader Upgrade, Hard-wired Drone Controller with 2 Shield Drones, Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter

Heavy Support - Hammerhead Gunship - 175 pt
1 x Hammerhead Gunship; Railgun, Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Blacksun Filter, Disruption Pod

Heavy Support - Hammerhead Gunship - 150 pt
1 x Hammerhead Gunship; Ion Cannon, Smart Missile System, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Blacksun Filter, Disruption Pod

Fortification - Aegis Defence Line - 100 pt
1 x Aegis Defence Line; Quad Gun attached.

Total: 1999

Strategy

First of all, the Shas'O joins with the Plasma/Fusion Crisis team to hunt down heavy infantry and maybe pop some low AV vehicles depending on targets on the field. The drones and stim provide a little bit extra durability and allows the team to operate effectively.

The Shas'El will sit on the Aegis Defence Line attached to the Quad Gun and the 11 man Firewarrior Squad. They will operate as a base from which I will lure my opponent into a killing ground. Essentially they will act as a lure for the Kauyon Tactic, or they will provide long range fire support. Either way they have almost never let me down.

The Missile Pod Crisis team will act as a transport popper, and will combine with the Aegis units to provide long range fire support.

The remaining Firewarriors will hop from cover to cover shooting as they go. The Bonding Knives give them the ability to almost always come back. I know many people don't give them the BSF, but I have found that utilizing them I can use my markerlight hits more effectively because I'm not wasting one for a unit to "see".

The favorite part of my army comes from my tetras. I should mention forgeworld models are allowed in our games. These will do what markerlights do best, destroy cover saves and up my ballistic skill.

As for my Broadsides they will focus on the big AV stuff first, knocking out Land Raiders, Stormravens, Fire Prisms, and the like. They then graduate to either Independent Character hunting, or heavy infantry, depending on available targets. I'm not 100% on the plasma rifles with the multi-trackers. It makes them deadly in overwatch and several of my opponents have chosen to charge different targets because of some amazing luck on my part. Once hit with 3/4 plasma and 1 railgun, goodbye terminators :biggrin: .

The Railgun Hammerhead will just add fire support as needed, dropping pie plates on big mobs or adding an extra solid slug into a tank.

The Ion Hammerhead has been my star pupil the last couple of times I have used him. He was pretty much ignored by the Vulkan player until I had obliterated several squads of marines plus his Quad Gun. I honestly think this guy is an unsung hero that can put the hurt in numerous places.

I have toyed with the Idea of dropping my Firewarrior Squads down to about 8 guys a piece and losing both the 'Ui and BSF in favor of more squad and point elsewhere. Like I said at the beginning I'm also not sure if a static list would be the right thing to do because of the higher number of objective based games I might be playing. If that's the case I'd probably run 2 units of Pathfinders and use the Devilfish to shuttle around some Firewarrior squads.

I'm not a big fan of Kroot. I've seen that people have great luck with them but they don't appeal to me very much. Stealth Suits are something that I've had a hit an miss relationship with, and so haven't built them into the list.

Well, cheerio all and I appreciate any thoughts that you might have.

Return to “Archival Datacore”