1650 Competitive Tau army (2 HH. 2 DF semi-mech) pure

A review of past Cadre formations from tau'cyr before.
Shirocco
Shas

1650 Competitive Tau army (2 HH. 2 DF semi-mech) pure

Post#1 » Mar 18 2013 05:43

Hi, i also play a competitive mech tau army (next tournament will be 1650 points, 3 standard missions) and my army will be something like that:

Commander
- Shas'el
+ - 1 x MP - 1 x PR - MT - HW BSF - HW DC - 2 x Shield Drone
- - - > 120 Pts

Crisis Team
+ Krisis - 2 x MP - DC
+ Krisis - 2 x MP - BSF
- - - > 89 Pts

Crisis Team
+ Crisis Leader - 1 x MP - 1 x PR - TA - HW MT
+ Krisis - 1 x MP - 1 x PR - MT
- - - > 139 Pts

Crisis Team
+ Crisis Leader - 1 x FB - 1 x PR - TA - HW DC - HW MT - 2 x Shield Drone
+ Krisis - 1 x FB - 1 x PR - MT
- - - > 169 Pts

4x 6 Firewarrior
- - - > 240 Pts

5 Pathfinder
+ Devilfish - Sensorspines - DP
- - - > 155 Pts

4 Pathfinder
+ Devilfish - Sensorspines - DP
- - - > 143 Pts

Broadside Team
+ Broadside - SMS - DC - 2 x Shield Drone
+ Broadside - SMS - Multiple Zielerfassung
+ Broadside - SMS - BSF
- - - > 248 Pts

Hammerhead
- Railgun
- 2 Burstcannon
+ - MT - BSF - DP
- - - > 170 Pts

Hammerhead
- Railgun
- 2 Burstcanonn
+ - MT - BSF - DP
- - - > 170 Pts

Tau : 1643

I also think about a Farseer, eldar jetbike detatchment, but missing the experinece with that so i will need more testing with eldar detatchment.
The tactic is quite simple:
The FW troops sit in the Pathfinder DF and go for enemy iobjectives, while other two troops stay back and defend my own objectives (maybe i should hol two troops in reserve, since its not much firepower i loose but they are squissy). The trouble is that i don't have more than 24 Firewarriors and thus cant make the units bigger. Would you suggest 2x6 and 1x12 FW maybe? Or even 2x12 FW? Here eldar jetbikes could be good, since i can get 2x12 FW and still have 3 troop choices.
Now the Broadsides are a nobrainer as are the hammerheads (which give cover to everything they can from cirsis suits to broadsides by standing in front of them).
The pathfinder mark the priority enemy units for the suits or broadsides (remove cover for them from vehicles). Again i don't have more than 9 Pathfinders, which is why the troops are only 5 and 4.
The commander will join the Fireknives and the deathrain will stand behind aiming for flyers/transports (unfortunately i don't have more than 7 crisis suits, otherwise i would try to take 3 deathrain)
The question is the commander good for the position of leading the fireknives and is the fireknive leader also worth the points, since they need ML support anyway?
The helios crisis will probably deepstrike with the DF's help or wait in the back to pop termis,marines, MC. Also good as a bait unit for the enemy to lure away from objecitves.
As you can see i have 7 points over, what is the best thing to get with these? Sensorspines on the HH, TA on commander (of course cut 3 points somewhere else to do that)
Also i don't have a aegis line yet and thus cant use it in this list.

What are your thoughts/suggestions?
Thansk for your critic!
MFG Johannes/Shirocco

Return to “Archival Datacore”