Since I've seen that mathhammer is useful in these days of new shining gifts (or nerfed ones) for our codex, I decided to share my own tool.
It's mostly a long-tested by myself beta-version. And I need stranger eyes on it to improve and correct mistakes.
It started with a simple spreadsheet to speed up comparating units stats from http://www.heresy-online.net/combatcalculator/shooting.php
Now it's a full grown-up collection of interactive spreadsheets.
It contains interactive tables of all stats involved in the amount of wounds and their distribution in the shooting phase.User guideHow this tool could help me ?
Need to get the amount of wounds an unit does on another (even if it's vehicle) ? And what will be the retaliation ?
Use the "Shooting Range" sheet
Need to compare efficiency of two units versus the same target ?
Use the "Shooting Challenge" sheet
Need to see the total effects of up to 4 different shootings on a target ?
Use the "Cumulative Shooting" sheet
Need some miscellaneous statistics ?
Check if they are on the "Special" sheet. If they were not, ask for them by PM or in a reply.
Tables available for now:
- Markerlight Hits, statistics up to 10 hits
- Jokaero Upgrades Chances per Joakero count.
Need to get all the pure statistics of an unit against anything ?
Use the "Shooting Performance" sheet
Can I add new units ?
Add your own unit in the "Units" sheet
See the ReadMe sheet to have more hints about the values to be put in the cells.Quick usage guide
1/ Choose the sheet you want to use.
2/ Choose units in the blue cells
3/ Facultative: Enter overriding values in the black cells below the value to change.
4/ Check Average Mathhammer results (in Gold background cells) or Stathammer data (white background cells) and curvesThe ToolDownload :
version 11 (2013-06-11)Zip file
: Contains original ODS and XLSX & XLS conversionsFile format providedODS spreadsheet
: LibreOffice file (original version), compatible with OpenOfficeXLSX spreadsheet
: Excel file (converted, Excel 2007 or more needed)XLS spreadsheet
: Excel file (converted, legacy Excel 97 version)
(I don't have Excel on my computer so the conversions are not tested at this time)Previous Version :
version 10 (2013-06-03)Zip file
: Contains original ODS and XLSX & XLS conversionsWarning
v10 is designed to be OpenOffice compatible (after v8 and v9 problems).
If you had problems with, either download for free LibreOffice or use v7. Also please help by posting your trouble here or by PM.version 7 (2013-04-29) LAST KNOWN OPENOFFICE COMPATIBLE VERSIONZip file
: Contains original ODS and XLSX & XLS conversionsChangelog :version 11 (2013-06-11)
- New Sheet : Cumulative Shooting
- New Sheet : Special tablesversion 10 (2013-06-03)
- Misplaced reference in some sheets.
- Rending now takes correctly into account invulnerable save (Now, Sniper Kroots and FW have really the same % to kill TEQ).
- Some unit profiles.
- Style framework (for better OpenOffice/older Excel compatibility)
- Shooting Performance with autosized graphic data and mini calculator
- Separated Cover Save from Invulnerable. FT weapon remove it.
- Feel No Pain Save
- Instant Death used for moral thresholds
- Special Shots : FT / SB / BB (templates: Flamethrower/SmallBlast/BigBlast). FT autohit regardless of BS. SB/BB is submitted to BS chance (working on a system to evaluate efficiency based on BS)version 9 (2013-05-30)
Error corrections :
- Some units profiles (Riptide, Crysis with TL-Flamer)
- Some overriding values weren't matching : fixed
- Errors in average explosions chance and vehicle saves
- Better morale checks detection on multi-wounds units
New Features :
- Rending may now works with 1/6 AP=2, this leads to reworking on save and AP : use « - » (dash) to set No AP or No Save
- Saves are now restricted to those values on Shooting Range and Shooting Challenge : -/6/5/4/3/2version 8 (2013-05-15)
- Vehicle tables (armor penetration rolls)
New Features :
- Points / wounds,HP,damages,explosions. Points are user input. They will not be added in the table to avoid troubles with giving unit with point costs.
- Highlighted the simple mathammer values in the sheets (gold background)version 7 (2013-04-29)
- Explosions chance in Shooting Challenge
- Ordnance weapon modifier added to the table ("O" flag)version 6 (2013-04-24)
HP removing in Shooting ChallengeAdditionnal informationsReminder:
It need some testing to be 100% accurate (copy-paste of formulas can be messy sometimes and some exotic value used can mess the tool)
So keep in mind that the stats given may be (hopefully not in most case) false.
And don't forget that a sucessful Shas'O doesn't win on equations, but on a sharp strategic ability (if the Dice God doesn't curse him...)
Share here or by PM me the comments, errors, ideas to improve.
Hope it will help those wanting a more in-deep statistics of our armies.Hidden data
The tool includes also hidden data, mostly test fields. You can check them if you want (unhide them by right-clicking on the sheets tabs)
"Tables" sheet is the key of most all the comparing (BS to hit, S to wound / to glance / to penetrate, ... ).
It have also a very basic Melee Arena (with Melee units).
And some results I've obtained in testings (template hits based on BS, target spread, ...)Last word :
Why the sheets have luck modifiers ?
Because I have seen that my own performances are better computed with a luck for me @ 80%
and not 100% like my brother have (Ok, for one of them his luck factor is more 120%
).Copyright and Legal InformationsSources
Use partial data, ruleset and names from Games Workshop's "Warhammer 40.000" game system and members of Advanced Tau Tactica board.
All copyrighted items and/or names belong to their respective authors. No challenge intended.License :
Creative-Commons 3.0 NC-By
This tool is for educational/non commercial use only.
You can modify and repost the file without permission for non-commercial use, but you will need to give a link to the original file and the author's name.Author :
Claude LANAUD (aka Kael'yn
on this board)
EDIT: Most edits of this post are updates / spellchecking. Others will be detailed here:
2013-06-11 : Adding some styles for enhance the OP clarity. Added minor infos on use, legal, ... Added some example images.