Keeping Longstrike Alive

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
Quartz
Shas

Re: Keeping Longstrike Alive

Post#19 » Jul 03 2017 01:07

Arka0415 wrote: Are Bodyguards intercepting a partial Lascannon beam? Would love to see a ruling on this.

Haha I didn't think about it like that! :P that is how it would work in a "fluff" sense unless you think that it punches a hole right through the battle suit and the remenants of the beam hits the tank? But having said that, we should have one rule for both drones or body guards or even a better rule for bodyguards as they are meant to have tougher and more durable armour! It's a bit of a shame that these indexes didn't get much love when writing them. As excited and impatient as I was waiting for 8ed I wish we had to wait longer to have a fully thought out and loved rule set.

Cour blimey, can you imagine how broken some things would be without these frequent FAQs and erratas?
We gave them a chance at the greater good, now they die

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Jul 03 2017 01:38

Concerning fluff, I completely disagree. It's the drones who should be better at intercepting enemy fire. Drones can buzz around, preparing to intercept without obstructing friendlies shooting, they can jump into gaps between "models" without crashing into some1, and they can rotate their whole body to any angle very quickly, putting up the top dome into the projectile and orienting themselves in a way so that it's more likely to glance off instead of penetrate. The only advantage bodyguards should have is they should survive more shots overall.

Quartz
Shas

Post#21 » Jul 03 2017 03:03

That's not what I was saying, yes the drones would more easily intercept the shot hence why you don't need to roll to intercept a shot but what I'm saying is that bodyguards would tank it better than drones and have more chance surviving it once hit.
We gave them a chance at the greater good, now they die

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Jul 03 2017 03:13

Well if we really go that way arguing then bodyguard units should take hits and not wounds in the first place anyway. There is not much fluff-logic behind those rules unfortunately.

Lechai Skull
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Jul 03 2017 06:56

or any kind of logic sometimes...

Shas'o P'ikle R'ik
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Jan 25 2018 11:23

Maybe the best way is to forgo battlesuit guards completely and pick up more tanks, seeing as they get a buff from Longstrike as well? In my opinion, both the fluff and the Index seem to put T'au players into a choice of weapons platform: tanks or suits.
Fluff kinda points that way, too.
Usually T'au armies are all suits or all tanks for heavy weapons.
MOAR ARMUH! WAAAGH!
Put 3 tanks in front of Lonstrike, and let the character keyword we have been blessed with do it's work.

SniperTau
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#25 » Jan 26 2018 01:35

Shas'o P'ikle R'ik wrote:Put 3 tanks in front of Lonstrike, and let the character keyword we have been blessed with do it's work.

Longstrike is over 10 wounds, so he can still be targeted. Unfortunately.

Return to “Tau Tactics”