Let's talk about the Sun Shark

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Re: Let's talk about the Sun Shark

Post#19 » Jul 28 2017 07:43

Dark Hope wrote:I suggest bringing it on the board at an angle you can adjust and hit another on round 2. If you are stuck in a position you can't bomb anything, just fly off the board and come in next turn in a better position rather than try to salvage your poor position and get a markerlight and a few missiles off that do a few wounds max.

I believe this only counts if you're doing death from the skies otherwise this would count as a dead model. Does anyone else see it this way?

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#20 » Jul 28 2017 07:44

Yojimbob wrote:
Dark Hope wrote:I suggest bringing it on the board at an angle you can adjust and hit another on round 2. If you are stuck in a position you can't bomb anything, just fly off the board and come in next turn in a better position rather than try to salvage your poor position and get a markerlight and a few missiles off that do a few wounds max.

I believe this only counts if you're doing death from the skies otherwise this would count as a dead model. Does anyone else see it this way?

You might want to read the whole thread before replying.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Jul 28 2017 07:45

Panzer wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:

You might want to read the whole thread before replying.

I thought I had caught up but clearly I did not refresh. Oh well...

Jburli
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » Jul 28 2017 07:51

The bomb is best against heavy single-wound infantry in larger squads, ideally 10 (or 10+)
With the ions and missiles added in, you're looking at killing maybe two-thirds of them. This is enough to make them much less effective and probably force a morale check.
Failing that, aim to bomb any infantry with 4+ models per squad and a really good save (like termies with storm shields.
If you get your targets right it's our best delivery system for mortal wounds against large units!

... I'm totally getting a sunshark later!

ULIEL
Shas

Post#23 » Jul 30 2017 04:27

To be honest i actually really like them, and find them to be really useful. I find fielding 2 at a time i can remove or damage high save multi wound units (terminators), do substantial damage to larger modelled units (orks, conscripts) or take out annoying dug in units like Rangers and that's just the bombs. If my opponent isn't to savvy or lets his guard down and leaves a character anywhere in the open i get the bomber close enough to target said character, i can deploy the drones to capture or contest objectives. I also like to place them between my units and enemy units to deny or increase their charge range, getting two lined up with an inch between them is a difficult barrier to get around.

Meatstick
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Jul 31 2017 11:58

I'm going to be honest and say I have problems making my points back with these guys but I'm fine with that because I have had MULTIPLE occasions of my opponent advancing out of angles just to prevent a bombing run hit them hard.

I won't say the sunshark is an auto take but is a very strong platform if you have a lot more "higher" threat level targets that are armored. In my more infantry/drone based armies I'm having problems keeping these guys alive.

As for the ion boost from the FAQ. I havn't tried them again with this buff but I'm incredibly excited to run them again as i find myself running more and more pathfinders and with 3 marker light stacks 4 ion rifles overcharging isn't anything to scoff about. :D

Return to “Tau Tactics”