First Turn And Command Points

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
Iron-Fist
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

First Turn And Command Points

Post#1 » Aug 24 2017 01:07

So, first turn is now a lil more open, finishing first just gets +1 and you can still seize. And first turn is still brutal in this edition, especially vs shooting armies like guard.

Without a whole lot of strategies available, I think 2 rerolls (for first and then for seize) are very well spent on first turn in just about every scenario. Does anyone else include that in their battle plan?
Augmented Puretide Council
The Tau Deathstar 2015: 8-1

Glarblar
Shas'Saal

Re: First Turn And Command Points

Post#2 » Aug 24 2017 01:33

Sorry, what are you referencing?

thesnailmaster
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 24 2017 03:20

I think he is referencing the new missions coming up in chapter approved, though you should be aware that these are optional missions and you can still play the same 12 that are in the rule book for matched play with the same deploys first goes first rule.

Also you will find many tournaments that use the +1 to going first rule specifically ban you from using CP's before the first game turn to stop this kind of rerolling.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 24 2017 06:29

thesnailmaster wrote:Also you will find many tournaments that use the +1 to going first rule specifically ban you from using CP's before the first game turn to stop this kind of rerolling.

Then how someone will use their CPs to use relics? Some Stratagems can only be used before the game begins

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Aug 24 2017 06:53

ITC format for example does not let you use the reroll strategem before the first battle round or on rolls to determine the games variable ending.

This rule would not effect relics or other pregame strategems in anyway.
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

thesnailmaster
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 24 2017 08:27

Vector Strike wrote:
thesnailmaster wrote:Also you will find many tournaments that use the +1 to going first rule specifically ban you from using CP's before the first game turn to stop this kind of rerolling.

l
Then how someone will use their CPs to use relics? Some Stratagems can only be used before the game begins

Relics they make you use when building your list, so you can't change from game to game, but as Blindeye said its really only the reroll one that they comp.

Riflewolf
Shas

Post#7 » Aug 25 2017 02:51

Blindeye wrote:ITC format for example does not let you use the reroll strategem before the first battle round or on rolls to determine the games variable ending.

Wow really? Do they have something against CP? I can kind of understand the first one but not allowing a reroll to extend the game is cruel. If I save a CP and can't win this turn but could win the next turn why shouldn't I be able to spend it to save the game.

Return to “Tau Tactics”