Questionable use for countefire defense system

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
Rogue Sun
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Questionable use for countefire defense system

Post#19 » Sep 20 2017 07:14

Counterfire Defense + Markerlight = 14 points.

Multitrackers on 6 suits = 12 points.

Plus the multitrackers just auto happen every turn.

AlmostMercury
Shas

Post#20 » Oct 03 2017 04:55

If you're already re-rolling misses, re-rolling 1s won't help you at all. Re-rolling misses is also ridiculously better. I wouldn't compare them here.

The benefit of multi-trackers is that you re-roll 1s for all shots, not just overwatch.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Oct 03 2017 06:47

AlmostMercury wrote:If you're already re-rolling misses, re-rolling 1s won't help you at all. Re-rolling misses is also ridiculously better. I wouldn't compare them here.

The benefit of multi-trackers is that you re-roll 1s for all shots, not just overwatch.

Even if you re-roll all hits when firing overwatch, it's not going to help that much. Remember, it still takes a slot on the suit. An XV8 firing, say, two Burst Cannons w/ CDS is going to do fractionally more damage in overwatch than an XV8 just with three Burst Cannons. And of course, the latter is better at regular shooting by a considerable margin.

AlmostMercury
Shas

Post#22 » Oct 06 2017 10:35

Maybe I misunderstood the pairing of the markerlights with CDS. Markerlights for elsewhere, CDS for overwatch. Alright, I understand the comparison.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Oct 07 2017 02:36

AlmostMercury wrote:Maybe I misunderstood the pairing of the markerlights with CDS. Markerlights for elsewhere, CDS for overwatch. Alright, I understand the comparison.

CDS for overwatch, unless it would replace a weapon- if that's the case, don't take it. CDS can be great on a Stormsurge, since it (a) doesn't replace any weapons, and (b) the bonus is multiplied across more than six different weapons! :biggrin:

Return to “Tau Tactics”