Small Wrinkle: Strike Team 'Ui Pistol

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
Iron-Fist
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Small Wrinkle: Strike Team 'Ui Pistol

Post#1 » Oct 09 2017 01:16

Hey guys,

Rules as written Strike Team leaders get a free pulse pistol in addition to their rifle/carbine, and can shoot both at 12''.

Don't forget that extra shot! Yet another example of why Tau is so imba right now!
Augmented Puretide Council
The Tau Deathstar 2015: 8-1

Nymphomanius
Shas

Re: Small Wrinkle: Strike Team 'Ui Pistol

Post#2 » Oct 09 2017 01:19

Iron-Fist wrote:Hey guys,

Rules as written Strike Team leaders get a free pulse pistol in addition to their rifle/carbine, and can shoot both at 12''.

Don't forget that extra shot! Yet another example of why Tau is so imba right now!

Appart from the rule stating you can fire all of your weapons OR a pistol not both :D

Nice thought though

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 09 2017 01:34

Yeah can't shoot your pistol together with other weapons. Just like with Markerlights. ;)

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 10 2017 03:38

indeed..

But reminder to myself formost to use the damn thing when in close combat (if my unit survived the first combat round...)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Oct 10 2017 05:52

It usually is better to fall back and shoot with a different unit at it though. The single BS4+ S5 AP0 shot won't change the combat.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Oct 10 2017 08:35

Panzer wrote:It usually is better to fall back and shoot with a different unit at it though. The single BS4+ S5 AP0 shot won't change the combat.

Usually true indeed, but last game I had it was tying up a combat unit and character, that I wasn't prepared to deal with yet as I had more pressing targets to deal with. And I used the unit sacrifical in there.. I know not very T'au like..

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 10 2017 09:15

Well there are always exceptions of course. ;)

Return to “Tau Tactics”