The Confused Shas'el -- A Discussion on Battlefield Role for Crisis Battlesuits

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
Garacaius
Shas

Re: The Confused Shas'el -- A Discussion on Battlefield Role for Crisis Battlesuits

Post#19 » Oct 18 2017 01:27

Nymphomanius wrote:Does anyone rate burst cannons at all for crisis suits?
A squad of 3x3 will do 7.8 wounds to GEQ vs 7.4 for CIB and is 72 points cheaper which coincidentally would be another suit so for same points you get 10.5 wounds vs 7.4 and an extra body.

I think that's a good point on the points. 36 shots at S5 for 216 points. This is less than the Strike Team equivalent which is only 27 shots for 216 points. The analysis departs when you figure in the ranges, though.

We should figure in opportunity cost of using an elite slot for lawn-mowing rather than elite, HQ or heavy hunting though.

“Just one game,” they said and started to play. That was yesterday...

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: The Confused Shas'el -- A Discussion on Battlefield Role for Crisis Battlesuits

Post#20 » Oct 18 2017 02:43

Garacaius wrote:This is less than the Strike Team equivalent which is only 27 shots for 216 points. The analysis departs when you figure in the ranges, though.

Fire Warriors are all about getting in to rapid-fire range though. Is the target outside of 18"? The Fire Warriors are better because the XV8s are out of range. Is the target at or within 15"? The Fire Warriors are better as they get many more shots.

XV8s with Burst Cannons are really only better than Fire Warriors within the 15"-18" range band, which really isn't much.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Oct 18 2017 02:54

Especially when you could take Pulse Carbines for that very specific range where they would be better again. :D

Garacaius
Shas

Post#22 » Oct 21 2017 12:11

Ugh, I'd feel wrong putting carbines on my FW models, though.

In any event, many thanks everyone for the input. I've learned much, though painting XV8s are my favourite thing so far.

I hope costs will go down or value up come March.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Oct 21 2017 04:28

Garacaius wrote:Ugh, I'd feel wrong putting carbines on my FW models, though.

That's why you take Gun Drones for Carbines. ;)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » Oct 21 2017 04:41

Don't worry, no one's saying to do that! Unless they buff Pulse Carbines and nerf Gun Drones, the Fire Warrior weapon of choice will be the Pulse Rifle.

By the way, where's this March rumor coming from?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Oct 21 2017 04:53

Arka0415 wrote:

Don't worry, no one's saying to do that! Unless they buff Pulse Carbines and nerf Gun Drones, the Fire Warrior weapon of choice will be the Pulse Rifle.

By the way, where's this March rumor coming from?

Some source he doesn't want to name. Aka not credible at all. ^^

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#26 » Oct 21 2017 04:59

Panzer wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:By the way, where's this March rumor coming from?

Huh. I could have sworn a few other users mentioned it. Whatever. Let's keep our hopes up for December then! :P

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Oct 21 2017 05:03

Arka0415 wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:By the way, where's this March rumor coming from?

Huh. I could have sworn a few other users mentioned it. Whatever. Let's keep our hopes up for December then! :P

Yeah I mentioned that I heard so as well based on a comment on Atias blog but that was him posting there as well. A few others have mentioned something like early next year but that was more guessing/hoping than actual knowledge.

Garacaius
Shas

Post#28 » Oct 21 2017 09:30

From what I've read, the March link is to some new model releases rumoured. Whether that's credible, I don't know, but of the dates I've seen (December and March), I figure I'd use the latter as a conservative measure.

Return to “Tau Tactics”