Alaitoc Counters

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
b.watson
Shas

Alaitoc Counters

Post#1 » Oct 27 2017 10:50

An entire faction of -1 to hit from 12" away (they stole our Ghostkeel technology! :eek: ), with the potential to stack units up to a possiible -3 to hit. Seeing as how most T'au hit on a 4+ and the obvious way to counter this is with melee units, how are people planing on countering this?

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Alaitoc Counters

Post#2 » Oct 27 2017 11:25

Simplest answer is to incorporate Flamers into your list, so Y’vahras and Crisis Teams.

Emberkahn
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 28 2017 06:31

Further, we are one of the best teams in the game at getting inside 12" with shooting.

This -1 to hit BS just reaffirms the power of Commanders, Yvahra, and Drones

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Oct 28 2017 08:32

Manta Strike, mechanized units, Gun Drones- we Tau love playing around 18". Shouldn't be hard to roll up 6" forward and get around that Alaitoc ability!

leo1925
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 18 2017 05:17

I recently played (with a guard list) against an Alaitoc army, i lost big time, ok the hammer and anvil deployment didn't help, nor did the terrain but the main thing was that i understood too late that i should be trying my best to close the distance.

What i took from the match is that the rangers (the eldar snipers) are a very good unit, alaitoc snipers even more so, also eldar have quite a few ways to impose a -1 to hit (which stack), they have:
1)rangers have a built in -1 to hit
2)warlocks have access to conceal which is another -1 to hit
3)they have a 2CP stratagem that imposes a -1 to hit (that can affect vehicles too) and of course the Alaitoc give a -1 to hit to anything beyond the 12" and have an exclusive 1cp stratagem that makes their ranger (while in cover) to be hit only at 6s.
4)warp spiders give a -1 to hit with a very small chance of casualty

In summary, eldar units are quite sturdy, alaitoc eldar units superbly so, that's why you have to go inside the 12" as soon as possible.

Nymphomanius
Shas

Post#6 » Nov 18 2017 07:33

leo1925 wrote:I recently played (with a guard list) against an Alaitoc army, i lost big time, ok the hammer and anvil deployment didn't help, nor did the terrain but the main thing was that i understood too late that i should be trying my best to close the distance.

What i took from the match is that the rangers (the eldar snipers) are a very good unit, alaitoc snipers even more so, also eldar have quite a few ways to impose a -1 to hit (which stack), they have:
1)rangers have a built in -1 to hit
2)warlocks have access to conceal which is another -1 to hit
3)they have a 2CP stratagem that imposes a -1 to hit (that can affect vehicles too) and of course the Alaitoc give a -1 to hit to anything beyond the 12" and have an exclusive 1cp stratagem that makes their ranger (while in cover) to be hit only at 6s.
4)warp spiders give a -1 to hit with a very small chance of casualty

In summary, eldar units are quite sturdy, alaitoc eldar units superbly so, that's why you have to go inside the 12" as soon as possible.

And bring fire, lots of fire to auto hit those elves, pick up a singing spear and a fire dragon breath Flamer and make an aeldari shish kebab! :)

But seriously flamers are your friends vs to hit modifiers and unlike alpha Legion / raven guard eldar are T3 so 3+ to wound :fear:

Return to “Tau Tactics”