Firebade volley rule double check

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
leo1925
Shas

Re: Firebade volley rule double check

Post#37 » Nov 18 2017 03:37

Nymphomanius wrote:
leo1925 wrote:I think that the volley fire ability should be re-written so that it clearly states pistol 2 for pulse pistols, rapid fire 2 for pulse rifles, assault 3 for pulse carbines and while we are at that maybe include pulse blasters and kroot rifles in the ability.

Yeah but that's really clunky compared to "fire an extra shot" and also would give firewarriors 4 shots each at <15"

Strike teams deserve it :D .
Jokes aside, it could be written like "it increases the number shots of the weapon's profile by 1, for example rapid fire 1 becomes rapid fire 2 etc.", and on the issue of too many shots... well the strike teams need something to compete with gun drones, being able to fire 4 shots at 15" is a good start.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#38 » Nov 18 2017 04:54

leo1925 wrote:I think that the volley fire ability should be re-written so that it clearly states pistol 2 for pulse pistols, rapid fire 2 for pulse rifles, assault 3 for pulse carbines and while we are at that maybe include pulse blasters and kroot rifles in the ability.

Why? It's clear what it does RAW. Your suggestion would be way different for Rapid fire weapons.

leo1925
Shas

Post#39 » Nov 18 2017 05:22

Panzer wrote:

Why? It's clear what it does RAW. Your suggestion would be way different for Rapid fire weapons.

Yes i know, that why i wrote re-written, i think that the volley fire ability should change and be more powerful.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Nov 18 2017 06:38

leo1925 wrote:
Panzer wrote:

Yes i know, that why i wrote re-written, i think that the volley fire ability should change and be more powerful.

I don't see the slightest reason why it should have to be rewritten. It's already plenty powerful. Especially with Drones.

leo1925
Shas

Post#41 » Nov 18 2017 07:00

Panzer wrote:
leo1925 wrote:
Panzer wrote:Why? It's clear what it does RAW. Your suggestion would be way different for Rapid fire weapons.

I don't see the slightest reason why it should have to be rewritten. It's already plenty powerful. Especially with Drones.

Yes, that's another thing i don't like and hope will change with the codex, gun drones are better than any of our "foot soldiers".
To be blunt i want the cadre fireblade to be a force multiplier for our "foot soldiers", that means his aura ability to be powerful enough and affecting most if not all of our infantry units (also while we are at it, change it to units in 6" instead of models in 6").

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Nov 18 2017 07:23

leo1925 wrote:
Panzer wrote:
leo1925 wrote:

Yes, that's another thing i don't like and hope will change with the codex, gun drones are better than any of our "foot soldiers".
To be blunt i want the cadre fireblade to be a force multiplier for our "foot soldiers", that means his aura ability to be powerful enough and affecting most if not all of our infantry units (also while we are at it, change it to units in 6" instead of models in 6").

That's mainly because the cost for Saviour Protocol is included into the Suits instead of the Drones imo.
Make Drones about 50% more expensive and Suits cheaper and Drones wouldn't threat to replace Firewarriors anymore.

Lord Mayhem
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#43 » Nov 18 2017 07:59

Beerson wrote:
Panzer wrote:Just don't build a list with nothing else than Drones. They are a supposed to support the Fire Caste, not to replace them. ;)

that's exacly what I intend to do with my cadre fluff though, unless drones become much worse then fire warriors in codex, you know, save T'au lives, use suits and drones! (my sept is going to be one with sept worlds rich on metals, kinda like mars)

also does the fireblade buff work when he's embarked or is he completely off the table when in devilfish?

Muaddib195 wrote:Converting a devil fish to have a rear hatch and drone rack similar to the MTT from Star Wars would be pretty sweet. If you do it right, you would have a nice little drone carrying case.

that's an option as well, definitely would look awesome to cut out the sides and put the racks there, but would include more work then just adding the drone racks alongside it, and I am a lazy person by nature :D (also, ehm, the piranha model is cheaper)

Heh. That's pretty much what I did back in 3rd ed; W'in'sa was a mining/manufacturing colony that got isolated and besieged by the Imperium. Since they couldn't replace their Fire caste troops easily, they went drone heavy to supplement what they had. Necessity exists. Even the Hammerheads are drone controlled platforms (no game effect, just fluff- makes giving them names more logical :) )

Has anyone worked out how many drones will physically fit in a Devilfish troop compartment? I'm assuming the antennae would be able to fold down.

leo1925
Shas

Post#44 » Nov 18 2017 08:38

Panzer wrote:
leo1925 wrote:
Panzer wrote:I don't see the slightest reason why it should have to be rewritten. It's already plenty powerful. Especially with Drones.

That's mainly because the cost for Saviour Protocol is included into the Suits instead of the Drones imo.
Make Drones about 50% more expensive and Suits cheaper and Drones wouldn't threat to replace Firewarriors anymore.

Yes that a big problem, my solution is similar to yours, it's exactly the same only that point increase in drones is an optional increase, practically turn saviour protocols* as a wargear upgrade.

*I think that it would be even better if saviour protocols for battlesuits was a paid upgrade, i don't it would hurt if it remained for infantry as it's a very minor thing.

Return to “Tau Tactics”