How to deal with Nids?

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Re: How to deal with Nids?

Post#19 » Dec 06 2017 04:21

I didn't read deep into the new Nids FAQ (Or understand it as I have no knowledge about the nids book and can't really place the FAQ) but anything in there that really changed the way some units are used?

Graceless
Shas

Post#20 » Dec 06 2017 12:16

Yes. Lictors using the stratagem Pheromone Trail can no longer deepstrike Infestation Node Genestealers, which was essentially the only use for that strat. Also, Tyranids stratagems and relics have been clarified not to work on GSC.

Additionally, 4xBoneswords have been clarified to only give one extra attack, not two. But nobody really used those anyway.

Co0n
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Dec 06 2017 05:54

So I've had a game where I proxied a riptide as an Y'Vahra and I actually won that.
The Y'vahra cannot be charged, because of it's flamer and it deals just so much damage.

Maybe I will get one in the future :/

Graceless
Shas

Post#22 » Dec 06 2017 09:06

Co0n wrote:So I've had a game where I proxied a riptide as an Y'Vahra and I actually won that.
The Y'vahra cannot be charged, because of it's flamer and it deals just so much damage.

Bear in mind that this is exactly why some 'Nid lists include a GSC Magus or two with Mass Hypnosis, which denies Overwatch in addition to its other penalties, or Mind Control, which can be used on a model that fails an LD check to make it shoot another unit (and does work on vehicles/superheavies/etc). If your opponent brings a Magus, watch out!

EDIT: Confused Mass Hypnosis and Mind Control. I'm a ditz.
Last edited by Graceless on Dec 07 2017 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

CelticBarbarian
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Dec 07 2017 07:31

Graceless wrote:
Co0n wrote:So I've had a game where I proxied a riptide as an Y'Vahra and I actually won that.

Bear in mind that this is exactly why some 'Nid lists include a GSC Magus or two with Mass Hypnosis, which denies Overwatch in addition to its other penalties, or Mass Hypnosis, which can be used on a model that fails an LD check to make it shoot another unit (and does work on vehicles/superheavies/etc). If your opponent brings a Magus, watch out!

Admittedly this is a pretty hard counter to it. But on the other hand it's one of the best things for dealing with those annoying Zoanthropes.

Return to “Tau Tactics”