Commander in XV81

Discuss tactical and strategic development for 40K/Tau.
TauGeorge
Shas

Commander in XV81

Post#1 » Jan 09 2018 10:47

I've recently acquired an XV81 Commander. Luckily non of the weapons have been permanently attached

What would people here recommend for his weapons layout?

What role would he/she fill on the battlefield?

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: Commander in XV81

Post#2 » Jan 09 2018 11:58

First off magnetize the weapons of they aren’t already. For weapon options I would go with 2 missile pods, because it already has 1 sms. For a battlefield role I would use it to sit on an objective in cover and provide some anti infantry/anti light vehicle support. Maybe swap out one missile pod for ATS, the commander could also provide kayon for your long ranged support.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Jan 10 2018 09:20

For the XV81, you basically have two options. You can make a high-ROF Commander with Burst Cannons or Cyclic Ion Blasters that uses a high number of shots (for anti-infantry and/or anti-vehicle) and basically guarantee that Markerlight hit, or you can make a long-range Commander with Missile Pods that can get that Markerlight hit anywhere on the battlefield. Both are viable, but it depends on what else is in your army of course.

TauGeorge
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 10 2018 10:23

Much appreciated guys. I'm a big fan of all things Tau so trying to get one of everything in my army eventually (even if its not that good on the table) as you never know when you might need it. Plus new codex's and FAQ's might upset the balance a little bit.

Return to “Tau Tactics”