6th Ed Ability: Assault Move After Deep Strike

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Re: 6th Ed Ability: Assault Move After Deep Strike

Post#11 » Dec 04 2012 04:37

@duckinedit
You are probably thinking of the fact that your Shas'o can Outflank with a unit of Kroot.

Chris
Shas'La

Post#12 » Dec 04 2012 06:42

Nevar wrote:I actually find a team of TA equipped stealth suits to be my ideal deep-strike unit.

Eighteen S5 AP5 shots at BS4 from the angle of your choice pretty much garuntees you gut whatever soft target you choose. IG heavy weapon teams, Space Wolf long fangs, you name it. Pricey unit, but with that amount of firepower and often 2+ cover saves the stealths survive a lot better than XV-8 teams.

Due to the fact, that deepstriking Stealth suits in the most cases have no 2+ cover save on that short range, I use the XV9 Hazard Suits. With two twinlinked Burstcannons these guys can lay down a heavy firestorm. With some markerlights even better than the stealth suits. Thanks to the Tetras I have markerlights wherever I need them. With 300 points a 3-man squad with some drones attached, this unit is pricey too, but it is resistantly against enemy fire and thanks to the retrothrusters they can evade out of a close combat.

To come back to the topic, the Crisis have made a big benefit out of the new rules. The problem I had, was that I often hold too many units back. They came not on the table in time, of missed there target area and shocked out of range. Yes, there where matches were they fulfilled their jobs. But the risk is always there, and maybe too high.

Without to "wishlist" the new possibility is enticing but has it's risks to spend and spread too many units from the main force. I envy the space marines. Something like that would be great. Deepstriking with no risk to loose the unit and then jump away.

But with the rules we have at the moment, as mentioned, the Crisis and the stealth suits benefited from this change. The Xv9 on the other hand, benefited in my opinion even more. The can jump shoot and lay down a great amount of fire, jump away and in the case that they will be charged (due to bad pre measuring, lurking units in the backfield or something else), they have sync weapons (the better BS from the stealth suits due to the TA has here no effect) for the overwatch and can slip away after the combat.

With the XV9 we have here a strong unit that can be dropped in the enemy zone and can threat nearly every unit due to their high amount of firepower. Fast and strong. I think the XV9 do benefit great from these new deep strike units.

duckinedit
Shas

Post#13 » Dec 04 2012 02:38

Perhaps you misunderstood my inquiry. I can find not indication in any rule set or FAQ that changes our suit's abilities to Assault Move after Deep Striking. Which was initially the main focus of this specific discussion.
Play smart and remember what you've learned!

Kiblams
Shas

Post#14 » Dec 04 2012 02:50

duckinedit wrote:Perhaps you misunderstood my inquiry. I can find not indication in any rule set or FAQ that changes our suit's abilities to Assault Move after Deep Striking. Which was initially the main focus of this specific discussion.

Bottom of page 47 of your BRB :)

lostinnm
Shas

Post#15 » Dec 04 2012 02:54

And page 2 of the FAQ:
Page 27 – Armoury, XV8 Crisis Battlesuit.
Replace this entry with “Crisis suits are Jetpack Infantry as are any drones attached to them. In addition they have the Acute Senses special rule”.
The whole entry along with the deep strike restriction is replaced with the BRB and FAQ wording. Same thing with the BSF wording.

Return to “Archival Datacore”