Interceptor and templates

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
TheDragonsDen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Interceptor and templates

Post#1 » Mar 06 2017 12:19

I think I'm reading this right, I just wanted confirmation. If I have EWO on my stormsurge and riptides, can I not fire interceptor with the pulse driver or ion cannons seeing as how they are blast/ord/temp weapons?? This makes me sad if it is so. Anyway around this? Thanks.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Interceptor and templates

Post#2 » Mar 06 2017 01:07

Sure you can. Nothing prevents you from using templates or blasts with the interceptor rule.
The only thing you can't do is to shoot at flyer with them.

TheDragonsDen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Mar 06 2017 02:06

Overwatch states you can't fire weapons that can't be snap shotted. Snap shot says template, blast and ordinance can't be fired as snap shots. So......

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 06 2017 02:26

TheDragonsDen wrote:Overwatch states you can't fire weapons that can't be snap shotted. Snap shot says template, blast and ordinance can't be fired as snap shots. So......

And where does Overwatch come into play with Interceptor? (Hint: nowhere ;) )

JubJub
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 06 2017 02:51

Weapons with the Interceptor special rule allow you to shoot at enemy units arriving from Reserves in the enemy movement phase at the cost of not being able to fire those weapons in your following shooting phase. It is my understanding that normal shooting rules apply, and you don't have to worry about Overwatch, since an Interceptor attack isn't an Overwatch attack. I hope this helps.
"Gun Drone, get down!"
-Space Marine

TheDragonsDen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Mar 06 2017 03:54

Wow...my bad. No clue how I got my wires crossed. Deleting thread here inna few. Thanks again.

Return to “Archival Datacore”