Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#1 » Apr 05 2017 05:36

Hi everyone. I have a question about Pulse Accelerator. Since I'm pretty new in the hobby right now I'm playing Kill Team because I have a small army. The XV8 can use items from the Support system list so I want to put a Pulse Accelerator on one model. The Kill Team rules states that Pulse Accelerator Drone gives +6" to range to all models within 6" of the model. Is this rule usable in this case?

Can a XV8 equip with a Pulse Accelerator or this item is usable only by a Drone? Thanks.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#2 » Apr 05 2017 05:44

Go to page 74. That's the Support Systems list you can take stuff from. No Pulse Accelerator for anything but the Pulse Accelerator Drone. ;)

There are also the Ranged Weapons, Signature Systems, Vehicle Battle Systems and Drones list just in case you were searching them as well (many new player do).

Also the Pulse Accelerator says it gives 6" to Pulse Weapons only (Pulse Rifle, Pulse Carbine and Pulse Blaster), not to everything. And only to models in that unit, not to models in within 6".
So that usually only means Pathfinder with that Drone get +6" on their Pulse Carbines. Not 100% sure if it's handled differently in Killteam since I don't play GW Killteam (Heralds of Ruin ftw).

User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#3 » Apr 05 2017 07:39

Panzer wrote:Also the Pulse Accelerator says it gives 6" to Pulse Weapons only (Pulse Rifle, Pulse Carbine and Pulse Blaster), not to everything. And only to models in that unit, not to models in within 6".


Thanks for the answer. I supposed only a drone can carry a Pulse Accelerator, but was better to ask more experienced players. I'm also playing HoR and it states in the rules that Pulse Accelerator Drone adds 6" to every model with a Pulse weapon within 6" from the Drone.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#4 » Apr 05 2017 07:45

Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:Also the Pulse Accelerator says it gives 6" to Pulse Weapons only (Pulse Rifle, Pulse Carbine and Pulse Blaster), not to everything. And only to models in that unit, not to models in within 6".


Thanks for the answer. I supposed only a drone can carry a Pulse Accelerator, but was better to ask more experienced players. I'm also playing HoR and it states in the rules that Pulse Accelerator Drone adds 6" to every model with a Pulse weapon within 6" from the Drone.

Ah yeah in HoR it definitely affects Pulse Rifles and Pulse Carbines within 6" (not Pulse Blaster, I mentioned that there are multiple ways to interpret a range increase for such a multi profile weapon a few months ago and it was decided to exclude them from the effect).
Try to always have the latest version of the Opus. We got a couple of updates the 2016 for every faction. ;)

User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#5 » Apr 05 2017 07:54

Panzer wrote:
Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote: Try to always have the latest version of the Opus. We got a couple of updates the 2016 for every faction. ;)


The HoR rules?

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#6 » Apr 05 2017 07:56

Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Studioworks wrote:


The HoR rules?

Aye. They are a community project after all.

User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#7 » Apr 05 2017 08:07

Panzer wrote:
Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:


The HoR rules?

Aye. They are a community project after all.


Yeah, I have the 3.3.1. edition rules. :D

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#8 » Apr 05 2017 08:42

Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Studioworks wrote:
The HoR rules?

Aye. They are a community project after all.


Yeah, I have the 3.3.1. edition rules. :D

Oh boy...the most recent edition for the Tau Opus is v8.0.1! :D

There you go! https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Kill%20Team%20List%20-%20Tau%20Empire%20v8.0.1.pdf?token=AWxZpkLZQTv5lGEuY3pryCPfmM6P8bDyJwGIeQeGyC7-a5o5eYczqmg17hLKwi42unJSbIw_8GsdzrZe7mv3UrR1v82HaJVFoRAX6QZHuvBRq0BVdAJ521k__T79IZHEBVg5RvSbOSsoIOB886HXjYVurwQhUv2BLr5CdJZVPVgxxh5w-FSKGBqgSCFUeB2bLQQ

User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#9 » Apr 05 2017 11:17

Panzer wrote:
Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:Aye. They are a community project after all.


Yeah, I have the 3.3.1. edition rules. :D

Oh boy...the most recent edition for the Tau Opus is v8.0.1! :D

There you go! https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Kill%20Team%20List%20-%20Tau%20Empire%20v8.0.1.pdf?token=AWxZpkLZQTv5lGEuY3pryCPfmM6P8bDyJwGIeQeGyC7-a5o5eYczqmg17hLKwi42unJSbIw_8GsdzrZe7mv3UrR1v82HaJVFoRAX6QZHuvBRq0BVdAJ521k__T79IZHEBVg5RvSbOSsoIOB886HXjYVurwQhUv2BLr5CdJZVPVgxxh5w-FSKGBqgSCFUeB2bLQQ



OMG!!! I found it on this link: http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.hr/p/ki ... rules.html

If you click on the Tau list link it goues to version 3.3.1.... :-(

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#10 » Apr 05 2017 11:19

Now that's good to know. Gonna tell the admins about it lol. Anyway, just join the HoR Facebook group if you want to make sure to be up to date. It's pretty active even. ;)

User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#11 » Apr 05 2017 11:23

Panzer wrote:Now that's good to know. Gonna tell the admins about it lol. Anyway, just join the HoR Facebook group if you want to make sure to be up to date. It's pretty active even. ;)


Ok, thank you very much. While I'm here I will ask another question. The Crisis can take up to 2 drones from the Drones list. This is the Drones list in the Tau Codex on page 119? Does it mean that he can take a Pulse Accelerator Drone?

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#12 » Apr 05 2017 11:28

Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:Now that's good to know. Gonna tell the admins about it lol. Anyway, just join the HoR Facebook group if you want to make sure to be up to date. It's pretty active even. ;)


Ok, thank you very much. While I'm here I will ask another question. The Crisis can take up to 2 drones from the Drones list. This is the Drones list in the Tau Codex on page 119? Does it mean that he can take a Pulse Accelerator Drone?


I gonna answer that with a quote of myself from earlier if you don't mind. :D

Panzer wrote:Go to page 74. That's the Support Systems list you can take stuff from. No Pulse Accelerator for anything but the Pulse Accelerator Drone. ;)

There are also the Ranged Weapons, Signature Systems, Vehicle Battle Systems and Drones list just in case you were searching them as well (many new player do).

User avatar
Studioworks
Shas'Saal
Posts: 164

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#13 » Apr 05 2017 11:55

I gonna answer that with a quote of myself from earlier if you don't mind. :D

Panzer wrote:Go to page 74. That's the Support Systems list you can take stuff from. No Pulse Accelerator for anything but the Pulse Accelerator Drone. ;)

There are also the Ranged Weapons, Signature Systems, Vehicle Battle Systems and Drones list just in case you were searching them as well (many new player do).
[/quote]

OK, sorry. English is not my native language and a lots of times I don't understand the humor in English. Since XV8 can take two drones, and Pulse Accelerator Drone is on the Drone List, it means that he can take that Drone.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#14 » Apr 05 2017 12:15

Studioworks wrote:
Panzer wrote:I gonna answer that with a quote of myself from earlier if you don't mind. :D

Panzer wrote:Go to page 74. That's the Support Systems list you can take stuff from. No Pulse Accelerator for anything but the Pulse Accelerator Drone. ;)

There are also the Ranged Weapons, Signature Systems, Vehicle Battle Systems and Drones list just in case you were searching them as well (many new player do).


OK, sorry. English is not my native language and a lots of times I don't understand the humor in English. Since XV8 can take two drones, and Pulse Accelerator Drone is on the Drone List, it means that he can take that Drone.

There was no humour included though.
Just go to page 74. There is no Pulse Accelerator Drone on that list. Just Gun, Shield and Markerlight Drones. Okay there are Missile Drones and Guardian Drones as well but those have a note that those can only be taken by Broadsides and Strike/Breacher Team Shas'Ui respectively.

User avatar
Lyi'ot
Por'O
Por'O
Posts: 2730

Re: Pulse Accelerator as Support Item

Post#15 » Apr 05 2017 10:14

Thank you for your answers, Panzer.

Return to “Archival Datacore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest