Culexus in auxiliary detachment?

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
Prophet224
Shas'Saal

Culexus in auxiliary detachment?

Post#1 » Aug 07 2017 03:20

So the auxiliary detachment costs -1 CP and does not have any noted restrictions on faction. So... is this the method to play things like a "tau Culexus", working alone but still there on the battlefield doing its own thing?

Or am I misreading something?

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Culexus in auxiliary detachment?

Post#2 » Aug 07 2017 03:21

No. You can't mix&match factions like that anymore. Your whole army has to share at least one faction keyword.

Prophet224
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 07 2017 04:19

Wait really? I thought each detachment had that note except the auxiliary, which would be why you would pay a CP to use it and only one unit. Does it say that somewhere else?

Thank you for answering btw! :-)

Vector Strike
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 07 2017 05:49

The faction keyword limitation works for your entiry army, not only in detachments.

But said limitation only happens in Matched Play games. IF you manage to get yourself Open or Narrative ones, you can add to your army any kind of unit you want

Arka0415
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Aug 07 2017 06:23

Prophet224 wrote:Wait really? I thought each detachment had that note except the auxiliary, which would be why you would pay a CP to use it and only one unit. Does it say that somewhere else?

Thank you for answering btw! :-)

No matter what, detachments must use a shared faction keyword. But also, in matched play, your whole army must share a faction keyword too.

Prophet224
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 07 2017 07:59

Ah, ok got it. So it's sort of there but sort of not. :-) we usually play narrative but still... I love my little tau Culexus... I hope we get something appropriate to our faction.

Shas'O Bentu'nan
Shas

Post#7 » Aug 07 2017 08:55

That all said, wargaming exclusive has tau versions of the assassins. Neat models
Commander wiseblade

Return to “Engaging the Alien”