Necrons

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Re: Necrons

Post#31 » Feb 01 2015 02:22

Don't forget that the back AV is still only 11 for Necrons, as the Quantum Shields still only boost front and side to 13.

Wraiths are actually cheaper overall. While individually, they went up 5 pts, all their upgrades were cut by 75% or more.

You'll also want to watch out for Stalkers now as their Targeting Relay has been changed from twin-linking other units shots against the target they shot at and now they just give out a +1 BS to any unit in a 6" bubble, and they can now be a squadron up to 3.

But most units will still fall to mass fire power. Lots and lots of massed fire power.

Czar Ziggy

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Post#32 » Feb 01 2015 02:30

Kael'yn wrote:Wraiths are a bigger threat now than before, but I don't know their cost. Maybe this will lower their use on games.
My other big concern are the destroyers : now they can deepstrike and JSJ to hide their dangerous AP2/AP3 weapons.

Wraiths were bumped up to cost as much as Destoyers now—who haven't changed in price—a slight point increase considering the amazing buffs of beasts, fleet and T5.

Another thing to consider is that Destroyers have also gained an additional wound; combined with new RAP and JSJ, they are extremely resilient and have a RAP save against things like our Railheads making ID an unreliable option.

Personally, I'm having a hard time understanding the price of Destroyers compared to our XV8s with Stims. How a BS4, T5, RAP (FnP+), PE model with a gauss cannon is only a few points more expensive than our BS3, T4, FnP, unarmed model is beyond me.

RevRanDoM
Por'O

Post#33 » Feb 01 2015 02:43

Czar Ziggy wrote:But most units will still fall to mass fire power. Lots and lots of massed fire power.

This is my thought as well. I played a 1,500 point game against the new Necrons last night my two most effective shooting units were a unit of 6 stealths with two marker drones and a 9-strong unit of fire warriors.

Kael'yn wrote:Missilesides on necrons are wasted IMHO on necrons (other than flying circus but less likely now). Railsides+plasma with ATS/seeker will help taking out the T4 crypteks or the weaker lords.

I'm planning on experimenting with missilesides in my next game since my riflesides didn't so so well last night. That said, I didn't have ATSs on my broadsides, so I will have to consider adding those the next time around.

Zelnik
Shas

Post#34 » Feb 01 2015 02:48

Problems with above posts.

Consider this situation.

Drop in double fusion team.

6 fusion shots at the 11 armor underbelly.

"I take it on my lord."

Suddenly, he has a 4+ unvul, 5+ RAP (lords being t5 now, no longer -1 RAP)

More often than not, he survives.

Fire warriors shooting (getting to rear armor is laughable)

"I take it on the chariot."

No damage can be dealt to armor 13 from pulse rifles.

Next round, he assaults, since he has S7 Ap2 attacks at the same Init as the suits, he kills them all with little problem. There is literally NO way to solve this issue. without utterly ignoring the rest of his army.

The biggest weakness necrons have is CC. Hammerheads (even with longstrike) are just not good enough at killing high AV armor, which pushes them to anti-infantry duty (which can be done better by other heavy support.) Remember, they have a 5+ invul against shooting, 5+ RAP, which can be re-rolled if they have the item.

Also, since their entire army works on Formations now, they can actually take as many res orbs as they like. So long as a formation has a unit that can take it, they can have multiple copies of their 'artifact' items. Remember kiddies, formations do NOT apply against force org!

Czar Ziggy
Fio'Ui

Post#35 » Feb 01 2015 02:54

Well, there's always EMP commandos! :roll:

Czar Ziggy

Zelnik
Shas

Post#36 » Feb 01 2015 02:56

Czar Ziggy wrote:Well, there's always EMP commandos! :roll:

Czar Ziggy

Yeah but--

*slowly, very very slowly looks over to his display case, where Shas'O R'Alai is sitting, forlorn and forgotten*

...Quantum Shielding is down on a glance isn't it...

*evil grin*

Won't work against the chariot, but it WILL give his other vehicles problems..

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#37 » Feb 01 2015 02:59

ARC'Thunder wrote:Personally, I'm having a hard time understanding the price of Destroyers compared to our XV8s with Stims. How a BS4, T5, RAP (FnP+), PE model with a gauss cannon is only a few points more expensive than our BS3, T4, FnP, unarmed model is beyond me.

They can only have 2 weapon options compared to multi-tool (and multi-weapons) crisis ?
Comparing prices between dex is not easy. It's points usefulness, slot competition, ... that need to be compared.
But I agree that they seems to good for their points (T5 crisis in the future with BS4 option please, else how to explain the BS3 to BS5 gap for commanders...)

Zelnik
Shas

Post#38 » Feb 01 2015 03:02

I am pretty sure that everyone looks at our elites and wonders why in the world we only have bs3 on them when no other army but orks have such DREADFUL shooting abilities.

Myrdin
Shas

Post#39 » Feb 01 2015 05:36

Well then.... i recommend all of you to go and see some Necron reviews on youtube.
The new crons got boosted rather considerabely.

The wraiths are literally Disgusting cheesemode right now. +1 extra T, still keeping theri 3++ and now in formation they get 4++ FNP (its Reanimation but thats pretty much a FNP roll...), all that for like what... +5 cost ? Sick, and disgusting, this was a unit that required nerf, and got boosted instead. Guess GW needs to sell more canoptec stuff ...
Destroyers now JSJ... yeh there goes our only good thing. Also The whole army now can pretty much get BS5 and reroll to 1.
Lych guard got cheaper - finally, now the good mini will see actual table, very happy about it.

Will not get too deep into it, its too late and i have no time to write a proper fully informative post as i would love to do. As i said, go check youtube reviews. Overall the new Crons are Matt Wardish in every way even though he is gone for some time already. They can pretty much murder the new GK in most horrid fashion, and those guys are not weak to begin with. So yeh there you have it.
The only real counter we can do, is get allies, solo tau will suffer against some of the builds these guys can now throw out.

Wish i had 60 hormogaunt/orc boyz allies to chop those Wraith down...

Zelnik
Shas

Post#40 » Feb 01 2015 05:41

Whoh. Wait.

Wraiths with FNP!?

What the hell is this??

Return to “Engaging the Alien”