Imperial Knights - A new foe on the horizon...

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre

Re: Imperial Knights - A new foe on the horizon...

Post#111 » Jun 03 2014 11:23

Da Skyman wrote:Humph. Apparently there is no more love for the Tau. It was fun while it lasted.
Forgeworld Email Response wrote:We will publish the rules for the R'varna in an official sense as soon as an appropriate book is produced. Up until that time they will remain in the Experimental phase as their rules may yet change unlike the Cerastus Knight Lancer.

So I guess you only get 40k approved rules right out of the gate on a model by model basis. The R'varna apparently has to wait for some other book before it will actually be legal.

What about Fusion Cascades? I had a team of 3 XV-9's kill a Baneblade outright. They are expensive but they have a higher rate of fire than a Fusion Blaster (most of the time). A pair of them might actually kill it if you gave them some MLS, though that is over 200 points in XV9 :?
Fusion Cascades are generally a bad buy, but now that heavy vehicles will start showing up again...

Just need them to make FW legal for FSE.
To be fair, the Cerastus did have a publication with its rules, Horus Heresy Book 3. So it does have a book, just not a strictly 40k one.

In regards to unit availability for FSE, I was fairly certain the new rulebook established a relationship between codices and supplements that supported FW models. I haven't my rulebook with me at work, but the army selection section has pseudo-definitions of those terms.

AngryAlbatross
Shas

Post#112 » Jun 03 2014 01:38

Does Blind work on vehicles? Could you maybe blind it with photon grenades and then charge it with emp grenades?

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#113 » Jun 03 2014 01:51

They count as WS1 anyway unless they moved Flat Out.

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#114 » Jun 03 2014 02:08

It can Blind the vehicles, but Knights have a pretty decent Initiative so you can't be too hopeful.
If you manage a Blind, and then assault it, then you'll have a few advantages:
First-the Cerastus can only hit our FW's on a 4+ instead of 3+, so some more FW's might survive to get in their EMP attacks
Second-our FW's will hit on a 3+ instead of a 5+ so even more EMP hits.
Third-after he stomps the FW's his next shooting will be at BS1, and his next combat will also be at WS1 if he charges into one (Blind lasts until the end of the target's next turn)

Jefffar
Shas'Vre

Post#115 » Jun 03 2014 09:23

Blind works on anything with an Initiative value, ie the Knight.

Myrdin
Shas

Post#116 » Aug 03 2014 03:17

Interesting readthrough.

Yeh the Knight is pretty tough, but luckily for us, we have pretty solid options for cracking up that armor.
The EMP fire warriors actually sound like a damn funny thing to do, to be completely honest. Maybe even put them into DFish to get em out there as soon as possible.

Also, might be interesting to use the concept of allies and take a Knight of our own. Have you guys tried an Imperial Knight ally ?
Must look immensely good on the table - Knight in the middle, two Riptides at each side, and then two hammerheads in the back.

On the side note - just the idea of customizing an Imperial Knight, with proper Tau bitz, and doing some good old kit bashing makes droll at the possible "someone called for a baddy ?" options you could go with.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#117 » Aug 04 2014 07:50

Not a bad idea Myrdin, the creative possibilities are indeed endless when it comes to allies. :) We might see a Knight Ally Tactica or a modelling thread/presentation in the future unless I have already missed one.

Please watch the use of expletives in the future, I have edited your post to a more family friendly alternative. :)

Myrdin
Shas

Post#118 » Aug 04 2014 11:19

modelglue wrote:Not a bad idea Myrdin, the creative possibilities are indeed endless when it comes to allies. :) We might see a Knight Ally Tactica or a modelling thread/presentation in the future unless I have already missed one.

Please watch the use of expletives in the future, I have edited your post to a more family friendly alternative. :)

Apologies.
Didn't know the parent control on this forum is strict to the extent as to label a word commonly spoken (and actually not even counted as insult in the urban dictionary) as "toxic"

I shall however try to be more careful and watch my vocab. from now on, you have my word ! ;)

RevRanDoM
Por'O

Post#119 » Aug 04 2014 11:52

It is true that we are rather strict when it comes to our language and grammar standards.

Part of this is to ensure that it is a family friendly site but another part of it is an attempt to foster an almost academic environment.

And, to be perfectly honest, it's also a point of pride for many of the members here. Unrestricted profanity is pretty common out in the wilds of the internet so we here at ATT like to provide our members and visitors with some "filtered air". :)

Myrdin
Shas

Post#120 » Aug 05 2014 02:03

RevRanDoM wrote:It is true that we are rather strict when it comes to our language and grammar standards.

Part of this is to ensure that it is a family friendly site but another part of it is an attempt to foster an almost academic environment.

And, to be perfectly honest, it's also a point of pride for many of the members here. Unrestricted profanity is pretty common out in the wilds of the internet so we here at ATT like to provide our members and visitors with some "filtered air". :)

That is very..... Tau like.... I like that :D

Anyway, i have derailed the topic enough, back to the knights ^^

Return to “Engaging the Alien”