Most survivable enemies encountered?

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Most survivable enemies encountered?

Post#21 » Nov 27 2014 11:53

Well, yea. O'vesa is pushing it. bad.

But he can be played as another pilot, its not like his suit is THAT special. and farsight can be the pre-enclaves dude.

Myrdin
Shas

Post#22 » Nov 28 2014 03:39

How do you want to join in MC to the Ethereal ? I thought MC rules go before IC strikes in and its says MC cannot join other units...(thats pretty much the same as attaching a Hive tyrant to anything other than Tyrant Guard - you cant)

My contribution: Necron Lord on Chariot is what i usually face - 2+ 3++ and chariot chasis.
Its funny though that what counters him best - are the Storm of Fired Sniper drones rapid firing into him. You Need 6 to snipe him from the charriot and then another 6 to reduce him to his 3++ save. Then he rolls.
But boy believe you me this is crazy if you kill him in one go (happened to me) :D Without the snipers though its much harder to counter.

Personally i would also add Draigo to the pile of tough stuff, but since he has been moved to a Lord of War, you see him a bit less i guess.

shas'o gann'yr
Shas

Post#23 » Nov 28 2014 06:14

The rules seem to say that even with Independent Character, O'Vesa couldn't join up with any other Independent Characters. However, there is nothing stopping O'Vesa from joining a unit that does not have an IC in it. He could join a Crisis Team, for example.

I don't have my Codex with me, so I can't determine if Aun'Va is an IC or not. If he's not, O'Vesa could join him.
"In the end, the final arbiter is victory"

Nevar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#24 » Nov 28 2014 11:34

I have pulled a Necron Lord off his chariot and beat him to death with Kroot Carnivores several times. He is very hard to shoot, but melee can end him pretty easy with his I2. Mind Shackles don't really effect a 30 man blob of kroot. :D

I had them kroot looping my battle line to protect my main line from chariot charges... carnivores and hounds took losses, then ties him in melee for 3 turns. They broke, escaped, reformed, and charged back into the newly reanimated Lord and pulled him off and finished him. Good times. Not statistical but awesome events.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#25 » Nov 28 2014 01:16

shas'o gann'yr wrote:The rules seem to say that even with Independent Character, O'Vesa couldn't join up with any other Independent Characters. However, there is nothing stopping O'Vesa from joining a unit that does not have an IC in it. He could join a Crisis Team, for example.

I don't have my Codex with me, so I can't determine if Aun'Va is an IC or not. If he's not, O'Vesa could join him.

Aun'Va is not an IC which is pretty much his problem as an HQ choice. By the rules it's fine, it is however a fluff atrocity :-(

Still dies horribly to assault so it is really just a way to make Aun'Va survivable in the backfield projecting his bubble of Ethereal goodness.

Return to “Engaging the Alien”