Against FW Eldar Corsairs (7th)

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
Crisis55
Shas

Against FW Eldar Corsairs (7th)

Post#1 » Dec 16 2015 08:16

I searched the forum and didn't see a general post for discussion of fighting Forge World's updated Corsairs list from Mymeara II (2015) - so...

What are people's experiences like fighting against this list, if any? It is fairly new, and it's got some cool stuff. I played vs 1500 points of their new detachment. The Corsairs took a Warp Hunter (multiple 3" barrage of D), squads of Scatterbikes (except half of their prodigious shooting with infamous scatter-lasers were splinter cannon shots) and a unit of walkers whose name I forget who have a 4++ re-rollable from some ludicrous special rule.

Their psychic powers are crazy too! They can put a unit back into Ongoing Reserves! I lost a squad of two Ghostkeels temporarily - thank goodness for rolling the 3+ and the Ion Raker's decent range :D Not to mention Prescience :sad: They also have Dark Eldar Venoms, and while I didn't face it they get Wraithknights too! I should also add, they have a new Heavy Support choice in the form of the Lynx. It's an AV12 5HP skimmer that can also become a flyer. It has a multiple shot D small blast weapon, or can use a hellstorm template that is AP2 and wounds on a 3+ like on a Revenant Titan! While flying it can't shoot these shots, but can shoot 3 shots of D, twin-linked snapshots... priced as a Land Raider. Pretty epic. :fear:

So, what is the community's experience with fighting this strange new list? As always, I found Broadsides did their jobs. The OSC destroyed the Warp Hunter first turn, so I think they'll get included again versus this strange new Eldar list. It seems extremely powerful so if your group allows these FW lists - as mine happily does - watch out!
Tau'va!

KuroRyu
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Against FW Eldar Corsairs (7th)

Post#2 » Dec 16 2015 08:31

D blasts in standard 40k are always bad news. In my experience playing apocalypse, my barracuda fairs well against eldar flyers, it's even taken down a vampire hunter in a single round of shooting although holo fields are a pain in the ass. I think they're called holo fields, they make you reroll hits and you have to hit again on a 4+

Crisis55
Shas

Re: Against FW Eldar Corsairs (7th)

Post#3 » Dec 16 2015 08:40

Aha I remembered the walkers' name: Wasps. They're really interesting: AV10 HP2 walkers, with aforementioned 4++ rerollable. They have splinter cannons or scatter lasers (x2). If they use the invul shield, however, they snap shot. Still a very powerful and deadly unit though - walk invulnerably up to you and then blast you!
Tau'va!

Return to “Engaging the Alien”