Genestealer cults might be a problem.

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
Vailex
Shas

Re: Genestealer cults might be a problem.

Post#41 » Jan 27 2017 09:52

Got a chance to play against them with a fairly beefy all suit list with a small shadowsun death star. At first I was pretty concerned about being assaulted and rightly so the Cult player rolled a couple sixes for ambush. The assualts turned out to be pretty lackluster and I won combat in one phase in swept them with crisis suits.

I did get lucky where his main genestealer unit was delayed a round.

I have found that the army is scary on paper but with EWO, we can break it easy. I had 2 Yvahra's in this list which helped clean up a lot of cultists.

Their transports are easily broken by our shooting. I spread out enough so that Mind Control was useless to him.

loganslament
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Apr 11 2017 08:10

Played against them yesterday and I can say they were tough and its been the worst defeat I've had as Tau.

firstly he rolled great for the cult ambush meaning most of his genestealers and patriarch were on the table behind my lines turn 1 and proceeded to rip my ghostkeel and pathfinders to shreds. Then the leman rush nova cannon. ap4 and ignores cover was death to my fire warriors. no saves and a large blast template meaning he basically took out a unit a turn and with a 14 front armor he was almost impossible to penetrate until I got a fusion blaster in close.

For the rematch I'm going to deepstrike my suits and deploy on a table corner to try and deny him the ability to come from behind my force.
definitely looking at the EWO too
Foolish Gue'la

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#43 » Apr 11 2017 08:12

loganslament wrote:Played against them yesterday and I can say they were tough and its been the worst defeat I've had as Tau.

firstly he rolled great for the cult ambush meaning most of his genestealers and patriarch were on the table behind my lines turn 1 and proceeded to rip my ghostkeel and pathfinders to shreds. Then the leman rush nova cannon. ap4 and ignores cover was death to my fire warriors. no saves and a large blast template meaning he basically took out a unit a turn and with a 14 front armor he was almost impossible to penetrate until I got a fusion blaster in close.

For the rematch I'm going to deepstrike my suits and deploy on a table corner to try and deny him the ability to come from behind my force.
definitely looking at the EWO too

Keep in mind that EWO doesn't work for his initial cult ambush deployment though.

loganslament
Shas'Saal

Post#44 » Apr 12 2017 04:31

Yeah that's why I'm going to deploy on a corner so I can get as much supporting fire as possible and hopefully deny him the ability to deploy behind me
Foolish Gue'la

Return to “Engaging the Alien”