Zoanthropes...

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
CelticBarbarian
Shas'Saal

Zoanthropes...

Post#1 » Aug 06 2017 04:11

I faced a Tyranid player last week, while I was able to hold my own pretty well despite a few sub-par units *coughriptidecough*. But the unit that really kicked my ass was his Zoanthropes. a 3+ invulnerable save combined with their potent psychic abilities and regenerative powers meant that they just would not die. I am open to any suggestions on how to deal with these buggers.

leo1925
Shas

Re: Zoanthropes...

Post#2 » Aug 06 2017 06:26

I recently faced Zoanthropes (and read the unit after the match), and I find myself in the same question as you.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Aug 06 2017 06:53

I faced off against Typhus of the Death Guard recently, and we played an "open play card" battle(not sure what you call it exactly). The twist we drew was the ability to regenerate D3 wounds to one single model per turn. Typhus, with his 2+ armour save or 4(?)+ invulnerable save, followed by a 5+ feel no pain, followed by an additional 6+ feel no pain(warlord trait), and add in a -1 to hit for all attacks made against him(psycker power) was EXTREMELY tough to take on. Add in the ability to get D3 wounds back per turn, and he literally would not die. Then add in the fact that T'au BS is 4+ almost across the board(becoming 5+ against Typhus), and I still had an entire Death Guard army to kill as WELL as Typhus, and you have yourself a guaranteed Death Guard win. Typhus can also deep strike, and has 4+ attacks at Str7 with -2AP. All that, in less than 250 points, from what I recall(short the D3 regeneration, not that he needed it). Every 8th edition battle I play, I'm further reminded of how hard the T'au got hit with the nerf-bat in their Index.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Aug 06 2017 07:50

Any unit with 3++ should be dealt with by volume of fire. Firewarriors seem to be the cheapest option, in my view.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Aug 06 2017 10:52

Either mass dakka, Seeker Missile spam from Longstrike&Friends or you simply suck it up and ignore them. Those are the only real options.

CelticBarbarian
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Aug 07 2017 09:56

With what I have right now, I'd say my best option is a Fire Warrior Cadre Fireblade combo. Although I did check and they are Infantry, so Sun Sharks could work too.

Return to “Engaging the Alien”