Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#37 » Nov 01 2017 11:00

Well FML. I actually didn't think of that. I suppose that might have been right under different circumstances, but there is one major thing that makes it wrong: My friend holding my model 'hostage' gave it back becuase he thinks this is stupid. Apparently the store manager told him quitely that while he will enourage 'dramatic' matches to alleviate his daily bordom, he will not let people just walk away with good models just becuse they won a battle. Apparently, this guy has also bowed out now my other friend who introduced him told him that the model wouldn' be his. So I'm now going to do something. Thank you to everyone who helped me via this thread. It's been kinda cool to see a entire community behind me (or facepalming/laughing at the other end of the net) and I've appreciated all your help. I'd still like to keep this article going as a proper Blood Angels tactica, but I think that It's about time I said that I found your help invaluable in preperation. There's been arguments, there's been random talk and there's been a lot of facepalming. But this thread was fun to chat in, and I think that all of you deserve a virtual clap on the back. Well done guys!!! FYI, I showed this thread to my friend and he nearly died laughing.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#38 » Nov 01 2017 11:02

Also just noticed that two of the shield vanes on the model are missing, and there are several scratches on the riptide. Damm. Now I'm going to have to repaint.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Post#39 » Nov 01 2017 11:32

I'm relieved you got your model back and it all worked out.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#40 » Nov 02 2017 06:45

Lostroninsoul wrote:Store manager is encouraging this by story line writing making sure vio'ra is less likely to back down. This makes vio'ra vested in this. Store manager may see it as an opportunity to make money because if vio'ra loses he will want to replace lost model points. That is an opportunity for the store guy to make money. I'm just motive finding. I have no proof. I just study people and what I see here are the same tactics that Nigerians use in 409 scams. Step 1 : get the target emotional invested , step 2: cash in because emotionally vested targets are easier to con. What red flags this for me to suspect his play group even is no one is trying to stop vio'ra, it's like they are actively putting him in harm's way. Having someone ransom your model so 1. it's one less unit for you to use, 2 prevents you from backing out if you change your mind. That's not true friendship. I don't like it one bit.

If vio'ra bites the wax tadpole and takes the bait, I have a clean conscious because I tried to give him heads up.

Yeah or he is just welcoming the opportunity. One doesn't have to actively be the cause for something to be able to benefit from it. ^^

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:Well FML. I actually didn't think of that. I suppose that might have been right under different circumstances, but there is one major thing that makes it wrong: My friend holding my model 'hostage' gave it back becuase he thinks this is stupid. Apparently the store manager told him quitely that while he will enourage 'dramatic' matches to alleviate his daily bordom, he will not let people just walk away with good models just becuse they won a battle. Apparently, this guy has also bowed out now my other friend who introduced him told him that the model wouldn' be his. So I'm now going to do something. Thank you to everyone who helped me via this thread. It's been kinda cool to see a entire community behind me (or facepalming/laughing at the other end of the net) and I've appreciated all your help. I'd still like to keep this article going as a proper Blood Angels tactica, but I think that It's about time I said that I found your help invaluable in preperation. There's been arguments, there's been random talk and there's been a lot of facepalming. But this thread was fun to chat in, and I think that all of you deserve a virtual clap on the back. Well done guys!!! FYI, I showed this thread to my friend and he nearly died laughing.

Glad to hear the model is off the table. Now you can just have a pointless and annoying match without anything at stake except for your pride because you were the one who challenged him under those conditions. :D

Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#41 » Nov 02 2017 07:56

Glad you got your model back.

I would make sure you thank the store owner next time you see him. You obviously cared about the model or you wouldn't have spent all this time on prep work. The owner gave your friend a way out from between you two, let both of you save face and let you keep your model. Your friend was merely the messenger.

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:
Draaen wrote:Also when is the game scheduled for?

look further up in the thread.

As a side note this struck me as rude. It would take the same effort on your part to write Tuesday as it did to say go back and read through the thread with a bunch of long posts and more effort than just saying nothing. Not the way I'd treat someone trying to help me out.
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Nov 02 2017 12:56

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote: Apparently, this guy has also bowed out now my other friend who introduced him told him that the model wouldn' be his. So I'm now going to do something.

So the battle is off?

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#43 » Nov 02 2017 04:00

Watcher on the wall wrote:
Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote: Apparently, this guy has also bowed out now my other friend who introduced him told him that the model wouldn' be his. So I'm now going to do something.

So the battle is off?

yeo
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#44 » Nov 03 2017 01:05

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:I'd still like to keep this article going as a proper Blood Angels tactica

That's a bad idea, and let me say why.

If someone clicks on this topic, they have to sift through 3-4 pages of discussion about a dramatic series of events involving some bad decisions and a potentially lost model. It would be much more wise to create an entirely new topic for people to read and simply lock or delete this one. A new topic would allow people to read up on a single subject, instead of changing the subject. Its also sorta against the Guidelines to change the topic so strongly. That would create inconsistencies in the topic and discussions at hand.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#45 » Nov 03 2017 07:51

I agree with Bloodknife. That's no good basis to build a proper tactica on.

Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#46 » Nov 04 2017 02:00

Yep. Admins, lock this thread. If anyone is going to start a new Blood Angels Tactica, feel free to do so. This one ended up being a very off-topic discussion.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

Return to “Engaging the Alien”