Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Discuss both Auxiliary, Allied and Aliens tactics
User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2165

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#19 » Oct 31 2017 11:00

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:I may not be the most competitive player with my lists. But I am a good player. I manage what I do have effectively. I make the best out of every situation. Although a lot of the game is down to chance, I can tell you five ways to bring down a Rhino transport using weak weapons (Actually closer to three, but only becuase the other two are technically variations on two of the others) and I can micromanage my army very well. I've hit a slump with list building, and I still haven't began to lose massively. What I can tell you is that facepalming isn't the right reaction Panzer, nor is my army that weak Arka.

There's no need to boast, I'm not trying to attack you, seriously! Please don't take this the wrong way. We're not questioning your ability to kill a Rhino or control your army; as competitive players I'm sure we understand each other. However, given the serious disadvantage you find yourself at (2330 vs 3000) you need to bring the most competitive list you can conceive, or victory just won't be possible. You're playing baseball but you've got no one on in the outfield.

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:Every situation can be overcome using the right tactics. In fact, isn't that what this site is about??

It totally is! We're all about tactics, and tactics are all about using what you have. So, tactics start with list-building. List-building really is more than half the battle.

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:His air screen is my greatest threat. Fine, I'll take a sun shark or two. It'll allow me to take out his ground troops as well. For anti armour, maybe add in Longstrike plus two fusion commanders in a Supreme Command Detatchment. Maybe drop the Battalion Detachment and move one of the teams into another detachment and bolster it to a squad of 6-10. Drop one of the pathfinder teams and replace with a Drone Squad. Drop one of the crisis teams and replace with a Technical Drone squad, to keep the battlesuits operational. Drop some points by making the stealth teams have cheaper upgrades or none at all (bar the shas'vre). Add in a second sun shark for some additional air cover. If anyone sees some problems with what I Just stated, please. Feel free to chime in.

If you knew this was the right thing to do, you should have added it in the beginning! Fusion Commanders (really, any Commanders) are great counters to air due to their high Ballistic Skill. Longstrike is great too, as I'm pretty sure most Imperial fliers don't have invulnerable saves.

Add 2-3 Fusion Commanders, give your XV8s some ATS, get more Fire Warriors and drop those Support Turrets, drop Shadowsun and the second Fireblade, drop all of the extraneous wargear like Pathfinder drones and EWOs.

Feel free to bring a Stormsurge, mechanized Gun Drones, Sun Sharks, or other great units like those. It shouldn't be too hard to make this list really strong, and it all starts by filling those 670 extra points! :D

User avatar
Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 105

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#20 » Nov 01 2017 01:40

Okay so you're going to go through with this. and you are playing a 3000 point battle no terrain on a double wide table. how are you deploying? 12" in and the long board edge in between you guys? Is he going to get the first turn automatically or do you roll off with a +1?

What models do you have available?

Let's take a look at the list. A majority of stuff is in the 18" range. you have 5 guns that reach farther than 30". This doesn't utilize the board edge advantage. If I have flyers or predators I'll park my butt far enough away to just plink shots at you until you die or get tired and come at me. Then I back up or move up and rapid fire/assault into you. If you just deepstrike in to remove my lascannons I'll kill those guys then move in on your neutered force.

I'd add more range in the form of hammerheads or a stormsurge. to make him come at you and take advantage of the range advantage you were hoping for. Also fill out your points. Thing with this edition is if he goes first he can do things like drop in company veterans or death company who can have bolters. He'll punch you right in the nose with that and his flyers guaranteed if he has them. You will lose a lot. Probably all your pathfinders. Then you have to punch back. By playing 700 points short it would be more like 1000-1500 short if he rolls well.

If it were me and I had unlimited models I would do this. Lots of hammerheads that move forward to get within range then start falling back. when he deep strikes in either to block me or try to engage me I focus all my firepower on the units he drops to block or engage. To this end I would have some good crisis suit squads sitting back. I would also want some QFC to drop down and spot take out some painful long range threats like a warhound.

To your comments about list strength vs tactics. Let's say you and I are equally matched tactically on the tabletop. Then the determining factor of our game is luck, knowledge and list building. List building is huge because if you don't have the tools to do what you need to do it will make it harder on yourself. Consider how you plan on actually deploying moving and using your models. Also read up on his index and look at some sites so you have an idea of what models do. There are plenty of reviews out there.

I have been playing mainly white scars so far this edition so my Tau experience is limited but I will write up a blood angels list that will show you what an optimized list may look like in terms of how I would close that gap. Remember blood angels have been based around rhino rushes and jumpers in the past. They are quick and will punch you in the face hard.
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

User avatar
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 233

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#21 » Nov 01 2017 01:49

Arka0415 wrote:
Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:I may not be the most competitive player with my lists. But I am a good player. I manage what I do have effectively. I make the best out of every situation. Although a lot of the game is down to chance, I can tell you five ways to bring down a Rhino transport using weak weapons (Actually closer to three, but only becuase the other two are technically variations on two of the others) and I can micromanage my army very well. I've hit a slump with list building, and I still haven't began to lose massively. What I can tell you is that facepalming isn't the right reaction Panzer, nor is my army that weak Arka.

There's no need to boast, I'm not trying to attack you, seriously! Please don't take this the wrong way. We're not questioning your ability to kill a Rhino or control your army; as competitive players I'm sure we understand each other. However, given the serious disadvantage you find yourself at (2330 vs 3000) you need to bring the most competitive list you can conceive, or victory just won't be possible. You're playing baseball but you've got no one on in the outfield.

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:Every situation can be overcome using the right tactics. In fact, isn't that what this site is about??

It totally is! We're all about tactics, and tactics are all about using what you have. So, tactics start with list-building. List-building really is more than half the battle.

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:His air screen is my greatest threat. Fine, I'll take a sun shark or two. It'll allow me to take out his ground troops as well. For anti armour, maybe add in Longstrike plus two fusion commanders in a Supreme Command Detatchment. Maybe drop the Battalion Detachment and move one of the teams into another detachment and bolster it to a squad of 6-10. Drop one of the pathfinder teams and replace with a Drone Squad. Drop one of the crisis teams and replace with a Technical Drone squad, to keep the battlesuits operational. Drop some points by making the stealth teams have cheaper upgrades or none at all (bar the shas'vre). Add in a second sun shark for some additional air cover. If anyone sees some problems with what I Just stated, please. Feel free to chime in.

If you knew this was the right thing to do, you should have added it in the beginning! Fusion Commanders (really, any Commanders) are great counters to air due to their high Ballistic Skill. Longstrike is great too, as I'm pretty sure most Imperial fliers don't have invulnerable saves.

Add 2-3 Fusion Commanders, give your XV8s some ATS, get more Fire Warriors and drop those Support Turrets, drop Shadowsun and the second Fireblade, drop all of the extraneous wargear like Pathfinder drones and EWOs.

Feel free to bring a Stormsurge, mechanized Gun Drones, Sun Sharks, or other great units like those. It shouldn't be too hard to make this list really strong, and it all starts by filling those 670 extra points! :D


Thanks Arka. I really wasn't trying to attack you. However Panzer, there is a problem with your 'sweet summer child' statement, that I will have to poitn out while dropping part of the internet anomony I like. I'm in my 20's. I'm not a child anymore (unless they have different age of majority rules in Germany. At least, I assume you're german from your name and your profile that says 'not a native english speaker'. Sorry if that's digging a little, and sorry if that violates personal pourtesises. I really mean no disrespect, and I really don't want to know much about my fellow Tau players, other than the fact that you are really great people to hang with on the net. So yeah, that's this little rant done. I apologise again if you aren't actually german, or if I just came off as being a little nosy/annoying. really didn't have any intention to pry).
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

User avatar
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 233

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#22 » Nov 01 2017 02:10

OK. Here's my revised list for the (Sorry, said tournament, meant battle. My mistake. This is a edit by the way). Much bigger, and matching the 3000 point approximate value of the enemy blood angels:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [20 PL, 341pts] ++

+ HQ [5 PL, 92pts] +

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

Ethereal [3 PL, 50pts]: Honour blade, Hover Drone [1 PL, 5pts]

+ Troops [15 PL, 249pts] +

Strike Team [5 PL, 83pts]
. . Fire Warrior Shas'ui [11pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Photon grenades, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. . 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [72pts]: 9x Photon grenades, 9x Pulse rifle

Strike Team [5 PL, 83pts]
. . Fire Warrior Shas'ui [11pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Photon grenades, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. . 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [72pts]: 9x Photon grenades, 9x Pulse rifle

Strike Team [5 PL, 83pts]
. . Fire Warrior Shas'ui [11pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Photon grenades, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. . 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [72pts]: 9x Photon grenades, 9x Pulse rifle

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [27 PL, 501pts] ++

+ Flyer [27 PL, 501pts] +

AX39 Sun Shark Bomber [9 PL, 167pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Missile pod [24pts], 2x Seeker missile [10pts]
. . 2x MV17 Interceptor Drone [30pts]: 4x Ion rifle

AX39 Sun Shark Bomber [9 PL, 167pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Missile pod [24pts], 2x Seeker missile [10pts]
. . 2x MV17 Interceptor Drone [30pts]: 4x Ion rifle

AX39 Sun Shark Bomber [9 PL, 167pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Missile pod [24pts], 2x Seeker missile [10pts]
. . 2x MV17 Interceptor Drone [30pts]: 4x Ion rifle

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [36 PL, 704pts] ++

+ HQ [6 PL, 148pts] +

Commander [6 PL, 148pts]: 4x Cyclic ion blaster [72pts]

+ Elites [30 PL, 556pts] +

DX-4 Technical Drones [2 PL, 32pts]
. . 2x DX-4 Technical Drone [2 PL, 32pts]: 2x Defensive charge

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [14 PL, 306pts]
. . Crisis Shas'ui [86pts]: Advanced targeting system [8pts], 2x Cyclic ion blaster [36pts]
. . Crisis Shas'ui [86pts]: Advanced targeting system [8pts], 2x Cyclic ion blaster [36pts]
. . Crisis Shas'vre [86pts]: Advanced targeting system [8pts], 2x Cyclic ion blaster [36pts]
. . 6x MV1 Gun Drone [48pts]: 12x Pulse carbine

XV9 Hazard Support Team [14 PL, 218pts]
. . 4x MV1 Gun Drone [32pts]: 8x Pulse carbine
. . XV9 Hazard Battlesuit [5 PL, 93pts]: 2x Double-barelled burst cannon [32pts]
. . XV9 Hazard Battlesuit [5 PL, 93pts]: 2x Double-barelled burst cannon [32pts]

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [40 PL, 796pts] ++

+ HQ [11 PL, 191pts] +

Longstrike [11 PL, 191pts]: Railgun [38pts]
. . 2x MV1 Gun Drone [16pts]: 4x Pulse carbine

+ Heavy Support [29 PL, 605pts] +

TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 205pts]: 2x Smart missile system [40pts], Railgun [38pts], 2x Seeker missile [10pts]

TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 205pts]: 2x Smart missile system [40pts], Railgun [38pts], 2x Seeker missile [10pts]

TX78 Sky Ray Gunship [9 PL, 195pts]: 2x Smart missile system [40pts], 2x Markerlight [6pts], 6x Seeker missile [30pts]

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [23 PL, 293pts] ++

+ HQ [3 PL, 45pts] +

Darkstrider [3 PL, 45pts]: Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse carbine

+ Fast Attack [20 PL, 248pts] +

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 88pts]: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone [8pts], MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone [8pts]
. . 5x Pathfinder [40pts]: 5x Markerlight [15pts], 5x Photon grenades, 5x Pulse carbine
. . Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Photon grenades, Pulse carbine, Pulse pistol
. . 2x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle [24pts]: 2x Ion rifle [14pts], 2x Photon grenades

Pathfinder Team [7 PL, 80pts]: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone [8pts], MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone [8pts]
. . 4x Pathfinder [32pts]: 4x Markerlight [12pts], 4x Photon grenades, 4x Pulse carbine
. . Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Photon grenades, Pulse carbine, Pulse pistol
. . 2x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle [24pts]: 2x Ion rifle [14pts], 2x Photon grenades

Tactical Drones [6 PL, 80pts]
. . 10x MV1 Gun Drone [80pts]: 20x Pulse carbine

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [16 PL, 365pts] ++

+ HQ [16 PL, 365pts] +

Aun'Va [4 PL, 75pts]: Aun'Va [65pts]
. . Ethereal Guard [5pts]: Honour blade
. . Ethereal Guard [5pts]: Honour blade

Commander [6 PL, 145pts]: 3x Fusion blaster [63pts], Target lock [6pts]

Commander [6 PL, 145pts]: 3x Fusion blaster [63pts], Target lock [6pts]

Created with BattleScribe
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

armisael
Shas'Saal
Posts: 24

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#23 » Nov 01 2017 04:53

I think four Fusion Blasters are better than three with target lock.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#24 » Nov 01 2017 06:38

Vio'ra Mal'caor wrote:However Panzer, there is a problem with your 'sweet summer child' statement, that I will have to poitn out while dropping part of the internet anomony I like. I'm in my 20's. I'm not a child anymore (unless they have different age of majority rules in Germany.
At least, I assume you're german from your name and your profile that says 'not a native english speaker'. Sorry if that's digging a little, and sorry if that violates personal pourtesises. I really mean no disrespect, and I really don't want to know much about my fellow Tau players, other than the fact that you are really great people to hang with on the net.

So yeah, that's this little rant done. I apologise again if you aren't actually german, or if I just came off as being a little nosy/annoying. really didn't have any intention to pry).

Sweet summer child has nothing to do with your age. It's a (nowadays) common expression to say I think what you said was rather naive. It comes from game of thrones afaik.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sweet%20summer%20child

Also no need to apologize for using informations I put online willingly. It's no secret I'm german. :D
But fyi age of majority is officially 18 years in germany with some rare exceptions (where it's 21 years) and with many things being allowed at 16 years already (like beer for example). ;)

Excuse me for editing the quoted part of your post though. Much more readable this way. ^^

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2165

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#25 » Nov 01 2017 06:57

Panzer wrote:Sweet summer child has nothing to do with your age. It's a (nowadays) common expression to say I think what you said was rather naive. It comes from game of thrones afaik.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sweet%20summer%20child

So that's where it's from! I guess it's obvious with the "summer" reference, can't believe I forgot that. Anyway.





Vio'ra, that list is looking much better! That Air Wing should be fun to play too. Taking so many T'au Sept special characters is interesting though, I don't think Darkstrider has much place here. Drop Darkstrider, split the large Gun Drone squad down into smaller groups, drop the Pathfinder drones & take more Pathfinders, give your CIB Commander ATS, and make sure each Fusion Commander has a full suite of Fusion Blasters. Other than that you're good to go!

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#26 » Nov 01 2017 07:13

Yeah I never watched or read GoT myself. The show starts reeeaaaally slow imo and I lost interest early. :P

Anyway, one thing I'd DEFINITELY include in your list would be a Stormsurge with EWO. Seriously. It's already a pretty good unit, but you are playing over a long board against a deep strike heavy army. If you don't want one in this scenario, then you want never one in your list.

Your biggest issue should be Stormravens but some QF Commander and Longstrike should be able to take care of one or two.
Don't rely on your Sunsharks for that though. They are rather bad for anti-air duty and are more likely to get shot down by the Stormravens in a single turn themselves.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2165

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#27 » Nov 01 2017 07:51

Panzer wrote:Anyway, one thing I'd DEFINITELY include in your list would be a Stormsurge with EWO. Seriously. It's already a pretty good unit, but you are playing over a long board against a deep strike heavy army. If you don't want one in this scenario, then you want never one in your list.

I don't usually recommend the Stormsurge because of its size and cost (hey, buy this giant model!) but it would be fantastic in this list. Panzer, are you thinking Pulse Driver because of the long board or Blastcannon for shorter range?
Also, Vio'ra, do you have one?

Panzer wrote:Don't rely on your Sunsharks for that though. They are rather bad for anti-air duty and are more likely to get shot down by the Stormravens in a single turn themselves.

I feel like if there's any Power Armor or Artificer armor spam the Sun Sharks would be really effective, but... do any Blood Angels players really play Marine blobs? Sometimes you see big groups of Sanguinary Guard or Death Company, but that's it. Plus, it would be really hard to fly over a quick, Jump Pack-equipped squad that knew you were coming.

On a second note though, three Sun Shark Bombers would be absolutely vicious as a source of Mortal Wounds.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#28 » Nov 01 2017 08:10

Arka0415 wrote:
Panzer wrote:Anyway, one thing I'd DEFINITELY include in your list would be a Stormsurge with EWO. Seriously. It's already a pretty good unit, but you are playing over a long board against a deep strike heavy army. If you don't want one in this scenario, then you want never one in your list.

I don't usually recommend the Stormsurge because of its size and cost (hey, buy this giant model!) but it would be fantastic in this list. Panzer, are you thinking Pulse Driver because of the long board or Blastcannon for shorter range?
Also, Vio'ra, do you have one?

Panzer wrote:Don't rely on your Sunsharks for that though. They are rather bad for anti-air duty and are more likely to get shot down by the Stormravens in a single turn themselves.

I feel like if there's any Power Armor or Artificer armor spam the Sun Sharks would be really effective, but... do any Blood Angels players really play Marine blobs? Sometimes you see big groups of Sanguinary Guard or Death Company, but that's it. Plus, it would be really hard to fly over a quick, Jump Pack-equipped squad that knew you were coming.

On a second note though, three Sun Shark Bombers would be absolutely vicious as a source of Mortal Wounds.


I'd expect BA to close the gap quickly and QF Commander and Longstrike to take care of tanks that start on the table, so I'd still go for the PBC I think.

Big Marine blobs are generally not a thing. It's all about MSU still with few exceptions like a unit of 10 Sanguinary Guard for example. While that would be an ideal target for Sunsharks, I'm not sure if it's worth it. They'll drop pretty close turn 1 together with other units and are in melee from then onwards. Since they are this close this quickly, it's not really a target you'd need the Sunshark for. Gun Drones and Breacher should be plenty for that already.
Also after the first bombing run over that unit they'll most likely find only Scouts and tanks as bombing targets for the rest of the game which is far from ideal. It's kinda hard for flyer to make a 180° turn and bomb other targets that dropped down in the same area as their initial target.

User avatar
Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 105

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#29 » Nov 01 2017 09:28

Yeah in game of thrones summer and winter last indeterminate lengths and can last years. So in the books a lot of the main characters who are young men trying to lead armies have never seen a winter they can remember and are in their 20's. So they would be more prone to say things like "Oh it won't be that bad I've got a bunch of twinkies under my bed that should hold me through winter" as opposed to say someone who lived through 5 years of winter and saw families and communities starve to death due to lack of preparation.

You are super close to a brigade and should take one. Split your fire warriors into 6 groups of 5 and add a pathfinder squad. Splitting up the fire warriors will let you take up a bigger footprint to deny deep strikes. Remember he deepstrikes then removes models then you get to move. So if you have an agile enough force you can plug holes to force his deep strikers to not be able to get where you want.

I second the stormsurge with EWO. He needs some fear for his deep strikers. You could even do it as a trap where you leave a deep strike able area "by accident" next to the stormsurge. If he takes the bait... blast him!

Okay so let's do some math. 4'x6' is a standard board. So your playing field is 4' x 12' that is 240" long. Worst case scenario he would argue for double the deployment zone which for the points level is kind of reasonable so 24" deployment zones. This means he is traveling shortest distance to you of 192". So foot sloggers are just right out of the question. Flyers can move 45"-60" with a 20" advance which is his best bet for the half your army must be deployed on the table. The longest ranged weapon is 48" on flyers. So I have a total threat area of 93"-108". You have a threat range of 72" meaning if he is smart he will hit you first. Turn 1 and 2 advance twice so that the gap between the two armies is greater than 72" and awkward enough for you to shuffle your tanks into a good position if you take the bait. Turn 3 is when I strike. I bring down all my deep strikers right on your line move up my flyers and unload hell on my priority targets. So turn 3 I have now shrunk the gap of my models being transported to 28" without having been shot at. Probably less as your tanks won't have been right at the front. This is when the fight should really start but I'll have gotten my first punches in.

This means a couple things to you. First make sure your flyers don't get too far out ahead of your force as they could get shot out of the air before when the fight really begins. So plan out your bomber moves accordingly to hit on his turn 3-4 as he may delay a turn to get your planes out of position. Or do like a square pattern in the middle of your army so you can get 3 ready to go turn 3 and 2 to bomb at any one time.

The massive superiority of flyers as his half deployed troops means he is almost certain to take as many flyers as he can get his hands on. If he doesn't he'll be taking like a unit of scouts or conscripts for each unit he wishes to deep strike and those units will do nothing. He is really going to have to watch out for the boots on the ground auto loss effect from triggering especially since he won't want to call down his deep strikers until turn 3. No ground unit I am aware of can keep up with those flyers. No terrain means he has nowhere to hide. He can try to start the fight turn 3 but if I were you I'd look to see if I can end the game turn 2. If he deep strikes in kill the deep strikers he is fighting at reduced points efficiency with no support and you win barring aberrant rolls. If he doesn't deep strike you deep strike with so much overwhelming firepower to remove the token force that is on the ground (assuming it is small enough and not like a ton of conscripts) that it is guaranteed to kill them. He then embarrassingly loses turn 2 because his scouts or biker died and you win. Remember you would need to kill all his infantry on the board that turn because he would spend 2 command points to keep his one conscript alive and then you've wasted your crisis suit drop and they are probably way out of position.
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

User avatar
Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 105

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#30 » Nov 01 2017 09:44

Also when is the game scheduled for?
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

User avatar
Vio'ra Mal'caor
Shas'La
Shas'La
Posts: 233

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#31 » Nov 01 2017 04:40

Draaen wrote:Also when is the game scheduled for?


look further up in the thread.
For the Tau'va ATT!!!

User avatar
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal
Posts: 221

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#32 » Nov 01 2017 09:28

I'm sorry to hear that that mutual friend was in on the scam. I hope you can get your model back. That was such a devious trap

User avatar
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal
Posts: 221

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#33 » Nov 01 2017 09:56

I mean every word. It's a trap. That friend ain't no friend. He's an accomplice. That loud mouth was brought into the fold to put you in your place. Sounds personal to pick your best painted unit. What use does a blood Angel player have for a unturned singel tau unit. Screams personal. The store owner maybe in on it. You seem to be in "run this guy out of town mode". Sounds like a bully to me. Groups tend to try to weed out guys like that because they decrease the player pool which makes makes enjoying the hobby harder. Store owners also want more players, because that means more potential customers. I'm pointing out the trap not because I agree with what you are doing, but because I have training every year to avoid scams at my job, and helping a fellow tau player avoid getting scammed is the right thing to do. Traps are designed to catch, don't get ensnared. Get your model and don't let it spring cause it is engineered to beat you.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 2165

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#34 » Nov 01 2017 10:09

Lostroninsoul wrote:I mean every word. It's a trap. That friend ain't no friend. He's an accomplice. That loud mouth was brought into the fold to put you in your place. Sounds personal to pick your best painted unit. What use does a blood Angel player have for a unturned singel tau unit. Screams personal. The store owner maybe in on it. You seem to be in "run this guy out of town mode". Sounds like a bully to me. Groups tend to try to weed out guys like that because they decrease the player pool which makes makes enjoying the hobby harder. Store owners also want more players, because that means more potential customers. I'm pointing out the trap not because I agree with what you are doing, but because I have training every year to avoid scams at my job, and helping a fellow tau player avoid getting scammed is the right thing to do. Traps are designed to catch, don't get ensnared. Get your model and don't let it spring cause it is engineered to beat you.

I doubt the store manager is in on it but I agree wit you. The guy is trying to get a rise out of Vio'ra and he's succeeding, people around him probably just think it's something funny between kids. There's actual material value being staked here, and way too many emotions involved. I don't like the look of it.

User avatar
Panzer
Shas'Saal
Posts: 3548

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#35 » Nov 01 2017 10:09

Lostroninsoul wrote:I mean every word. It's a trap. That friend ain't no friend. He's an accomplice. That loud mouth was brought into the fold to put you in your place. Sounds personal to pick your best painted unit. What use does a blood Angel player have for a unturned singel tau unit. Screams personal. The store owner maybe in on it. You seem to be in "run this guy out of town mode". Sounds like a bully to me. Groups tend to try to weed out guys like that because they decrease the player pool which makes makes enjoying the hobby harder. Store owners also want more players, because that means more potential customers. I'm pointing out the trap not because I agree with what you are doing, but because I have training every year to avoid scams at my job, and helping a fellow tau player avoid getting scammed is the right thing to do. Traps are designed to catch, don't get ensnared. Get your model and don't let it spring cause it is engineered to beat you.


Now now let's tone down the unfounded accusations. It could be that way but it doesn't have to. It's just as possible that this friend genuinely thought it's a good idea to bring that other guy into the group and is now sitting between two chairs.
We don't know any of those people. And the fact that Vio'ra Mal'cador challenged that guy under such ridiculous rules and even bet his best model is something he did completely on his own according to him.

What use does a BA player has for such a model? What use do any of those have to have such a childish fight? What use does anyone have to pick a fight with random people? There are people who are just like that. Who have fun making trouble for whatever reason. That's most likely all there is to it. And the model is just a price. Something Vio'ra offered on his own and that guy simply accepted in hope to get a shiny new something.

IF there is any trap then only the one he set himself by challenging that guy, putting himself at a disadvantage and betting his best model. A classic self-defeat by the arrogance of a new player.


However I do agree that the rest of the group probably doesn't care whether he loses or not and maybe even hopes he does since as you said nobody really likes such a behaviour.
I had such a guy in my local store once myself. He thought everybody likes him and him being better than almost everyone else there, fielding cheese lists in demo games against kids etc. .... I don't have to mention that he wasn't a regular there for long since nobody really wanted to play against him anymore eventually.

In the end the most mature decision would be to swallow your pride and call off that ridiculous game and from then on simply ignore that guy.

User avatar
Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal
Posts: 221

Re: Fighting Blood Angels: Need Nelp with Tactics

Post#36 » Nov 01 2017 10:47

Store manager is encouraging this by story line writing making sure vio'ra is less likely to back down. This makes vio'ra vested in this. Store manager may see it as an opportunity to make money because if vio'ra loses he will want to replace lost model points. That is an opportunity for the store guy to make money. I'm just motive finding. I have no proof. I just study people and what I see here are the same tactics that Nigerians use in 409 scams. Step 1 : get the target emotional invested , step 2: cash in because emotionally vested targets are easier to con. What red flags this for me to suspect his play group even is no one is trying to stop vio'ra, it's like they are actively putting him in harm's way. Having someone ransom your model so 1. it's one less unit for you to use, 2 prevents you from backing out if you change your mind. That's not true friendship. I don't like it one bit.

If vio'ra bites the wax tadpole and takes the bait, I have a clean conscious because I tried to give him heads up.
Last edited by Lostroninsoul on Nov 01 2017 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Engaging the Alien”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest