Fighting the Red Harvest: Necron tactics

A review of past Alien Tactics by commanders during the First and Second Phase Expansion.
Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#19 » Aug 23 2006 09:59

I was tempted to get into a long winded post about ML's, their vulnerability and expense but this really isn't the place to explain such things. There is plenty of ML threads around already and they set out pretty extensively all the relative pros and cons of fielding the different ML platforms.

What I might post about though is the OP and some other OP's in general.

First off, please ensure you have the current codex and have read and re-read it 2 or three times. Continued errors in regards to unit stats, weapon profiles and codex specific rules casts doubt over ones ownership of the minimum required materials for 40K.

Secondly, read the BGB. Or if you find the size of the book daunting or the price prohibitive, get a 'Battle af Maccrage' starter box set which contains a cut-down version of the BGB which conatins all of the rules and none of the fluff. Again read it 2 or three times. You shouldn't need to ask 'What is the Rule?' ever! You may need to ask how a rule is going to work in a specific circumstance but please give some indication that you actually know the rule you are talking about, and explain why you are confused about its aplication in said circumstance.

Thirdly, read the tacticas about beating specific armies and about specific Tau units. The authors of these documents have expended much time and effort in an attempt to bring to you a clear, concise and authoritive resource and should not have to repeat themselves continuously for every new member who comes along wanting all the quick answers. You don't have to read every single post in those threads as all the important points will have been included in the final edit of the original post so the effort required from you is really quite minimal.

Fourthly, use the search function. This will allow you to locate just about anything else you may be looking for. If you get too many results, try refining your search slightly to narrow it down more to what you are searching for.

Lastly, and at least as important as the above points, Don't Argue With The Veterans or Mods. You get a lot more gaming benifit out of them being here than what they do from you. They are here because they like sharing with people what experience has taught them an do like hearing the new ideas newer players bring, when they bring them in a well written and well mannered way. Their experience is certainly not enriched by people who will blindly argue against them without supporting evidence other than the person's certainty that they are right.

Orange-Bell
Por'O
Por'O

Post#20 » Aug 23 2006 10:49

Here, here.
O-B

Mephet'ran
Shas

Post#21 » Aug 23 2006 11:11

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself.

You have a good point there Prof, redundancy is the best defence. Against Necrons the best HS is probably a BASS team and 2 IHs.
Mephet'ran
-MTT Old School

Taipan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Aug 23 2006 11:32

hmmm... :?

well, i can't really argue with that. Suffice to say, if i did, this thread would be locked already. :-?

I guess it stops here eh? I won't hold it against anyone if it is locked, seriously. ;)I could go into a long-winded explanation about hubris, but that doesn't really have any place here :/ . Plus people might take offence.

You know, i was going to make that Dark Angels army :roll: :crafty:
Strike hard, strike fast.

Taipan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Aug 26 2006 08:05

Prof is just repeating what i said about 5 times Meph. Its just i extend the redundancy from Necrons to other armies.

:D little credit please

kai'lore
Aun'O (Ret.)

Post#24 » Aug 28 2006 05:18

Well you might just deserve some credit but you need to endear yourself a little more ;)

Now this is curious, you have commented 3 times in this thread that your other threads have been locked. Sure, you can say you don't mind but it's the repetition that leads me to believe that might not be true. Well if they stayed on topic, were positive and constructive and somehow earned themselves a place in Advanced Tactica that wouldn't be the case. For now, they just aren't. Not my call, just reading through and going with the majority of opinions.

You did however stumble across my secret motive;

well, I can't be bothered reading through 8 pages of thread (ie what happened last time).

Precisely. Nobody can. It just becomes repetition of two opposed sides, usually one correct and one stubborn. Not saying which, just the way it often works out. Nothing new is added, it becomes long and goes nowhere. Better to withdraw and re-plan and re-submit your idea and see how the new one fares.

Not locking this yet but it really seems to have mostly run it's course.

Thoughts?

kai

Hulkster
Shas

Post#25 » Aug 28 2006 08:50

he has had at least 2 previous threads about the same thing

they also went no where like this one

taipan please before you make a new topic or post again, read the rule book and the codex
:dead:

Taipan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#26 » Aug 29 2006 11:30

so, just do what i do normally yeah ;) ?

meh, im concentrating on my second army ATM, so i won't be starting a thread on Tau anytime soon. I know when i have been shouted down thats its not worth pushing it :/ .

i'll keep working on the endearing thing :crafty: ;) :roll:

s'all good if you lock this, i agree. I think it has run its course :?

Return to “Archival Datacore”